the best attitude for MOC

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 12, 2020.

1. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

What a beautiful post! I'm so far behind this year, but not giving up. The challenges this year are fabulous and really taking me out of my comfort zone and making me stretch. Thanks so much for all the work you do for us here at The LilyPad!!

Lisa B, ForeverJoy and cfile like this.
  2. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

Thank you for rephrasing it as a personal challenge.

That is really good advice. The blind scrap challenge was scaring me because of all the elements to add.

I have not started the challenges yet. I do read them everyday and think about what to do. I am doing my favourite ones that have been posted so far. Some pages done this month is better than none.

Also there are 31 challenges and 21 days to finish. You have until the 2nd of February to post.(Right?) 2 challenges a day for 10 days then 1 challenge a day for 11 days. Maybe doable if I can get me brain thinking and my daughter to sleep better.

Lisa B, ForeverJoy and Nemla like this.
  3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I have no iDEEEEa how y'all come up with the myriad UNIQUE challenges, much less do all the techie stuff required. Huge thanks to all of you. There were two challenges that almost required a paper bag for me to breathe into. For one I thought, "well, this is the end of the perfect run for me." But even then, I planned to continue as best I could. Now for the BIG challenge for me. We're leaving town tomorrow until the end of the month, so if I participate, it will have to be on my iPad. Not even sure if I can do it that way, but I'll give it a shot. If not, it was a great 1/2 month for me! And as the Seahawks are saying right now, "There's always next year!"

Lisa B, ForeverJoy and bestcee like this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love MOC, even when the challenge is a tough one for me.
    I ponder, wait a while longer and then see what others have done and I always get inspired.
    I love when a challenge is done in PS but there are workarounds and options made for PSE and various other scrapping programs so we can all play along.
    You Polly's are amazing and we really do appreciate all of the love that goes into comments, the thought and prep that goes into challenges and the motivation and encouragement to keep on going.

5. ForeverJoy

ForeverJoy Swimming in the big tank

First @AnneofAlamo you ALWAYS find a way to turn your face to the sun- and spread that light with all those around you!! :beat I LOVE this thread- and think that this may the BEST inspiration we can carry with us this year!!

:hi5 I have a quote on my desk that keeps me moving everyday "sometimes, progress beats perfection" :beat

yes!! you never know what you'll find outside your comfort zone- and this is definitely a safe place to explore it! :yup

YES! and man! I wish life in general had a "delete it later" option! :giggle

LOVE that quote!! The only thing we ever regret are the chances we didn't take!

You are ahead of where you were January 1- just keep moving forward :beat

:giggle SO MANY of my teams are saying that too!

That's one of my fave parts- is soaking up the inspiration from all the layouts this month! I don't play along on line- but I find it very inspiring to read the challenges and see how they are interpreted- and it gets my re energized to keep telling my own stories :beat And man- if that's the end result of MOC for me- I am very happy to be following along! :beat

londoncuppa, Lisa B, angiekey and 2 others like this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

The first year I was in full panic mode because I thought I needed to get everything "perfect". Now? I just get something done! I'm 6 days behind schedule due to our renovation so I'm just trying to see what I can do. I'm aiming to get all 31 challenges done, and that'll be a challenge in itself!

7. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

The year I gave myself permission to post a layout that I didn't love but met the requirements, with the option to redo it at any point before the end of the month . . . changed everything for me.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Amen to this. I did the same thing. It has let a lot of pressure off of me. I don't have to make a perfect page every time!

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Wait.... Now I'm starting to think I'm doing scrapping all wrong... :rofl

Perfect pages??!?! Not a thing in my house.:backing There's always spelling mistakes, unfinished sentences, photos scrapped twice (because I didn't used to have a system to track), pages that match my mood at the moment, or pages that are being dictated by munchkin! :faint2

Scrapping Confession: I don't love every page, but I'm glad the stories are written down. And...I'm not good at going back and fixing issues. :lol

:carryon:carryon

10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Thank you for posting this thread Anne!

This year, I approach MOC differently. There is a high probability I cannot complete all challenges (again). How can I? I work full time and I'm a part time student. But why try at all? Because I LOVE a challenge (well, I do). But more importantly, I learn so much. So far this year, my #1 take away is the QR code. I never thought to do that. Seriously. I wish I were made aware of that possibility 10 years ago (did it even exist, then...probably...who knows?...I didn't).

Please have my heartfelt gratitude and know that I appreciate all the TLP Creative Team Members do (aka Pollywogs...you little tadpoles...Froggies in bloom...much love for ya!!!). You ladies, inspire. You do. I learn so much from you. By the way, Kermit has always been one of my heroes. I guess that makes you my hero too!

11. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

:blush Uhm, yeah. Did that a time or two. Or three. Or four. :crazy3 And after I post-process...which is VERY difficult to re-do...uh yeah. :carryon

Attached Files:

bestcee likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This absolutely made my day! I'm beyond thrilled that you loved the QR code challenge so much (and I completely agree with you... it changed everything when I learned this was possible!)

Also, know that we really appreciate all of you who happily play along with our challenges and have fun doing it! That makes it all worth it! :agree

londoncuppa likes this.
  13. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Even at times the Polly’s find some challenges tricky, I know I did with the 2020 Vision Board. But when I started reading others were in the same boat and they shared their tips on how to tackle it, I decided I too was going to step out of that comfort zone of setting goals and give it a go. I totally felt like I achieved it on completion and even felt comfortable with what I shared.

I’m the type to start and not necessarily finish stuff like @angiekey so eloquently posted. I totally relate to the negative voice she mentioned, it’s often present in my mind. I’m learning that hey if I don’t finish this year thats okay too, no pressure here. I’m just so buzzed I gave some of the challenges that stumped me a go and have had fun in doing them too!

Just Remember everyone you rock no matter how you participate in the MOC, be it completing some or all the challenges, or by leaving feedback and love for those that are. I love reading those comments they are so inspiring and motivating, I’m definitely making ‘leaving more love’ my goal to do more of this year should have put that on my 2020 Vision Board hhehe xox

14. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Being a newbie to MOC (and digi scrapping) I decided to dive in with two feet (and maybe blindfolded too) to these challenges. It's all about my OLW of learn.... learning to do new things. Yip I've already faced some of the challenges I didn't think I could do but I've done them.... learnt stuff in the process too! Now to catch up this week and keep going.

A HUGE THANK YOU to each and every Polly who does the challenges... I've done something similar in the past with paper scrapping and know how daunting and time consuming these events can be. Thank you for the fun and effort you put in. Am loving this whole month so far and can't wait for the next two weeks. Hopefully life won't get in the way too much (ie work and stuff! as I'd much rather be scrapping!)

Firstoscartgrouch, bestcee and cfile like this.
  15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

aww, love everything written here! group hug for all of you and your thoughtful posts!
    :love

londoncuppa likes this.
  16. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I'm with you @pagefrocks - just get it done and meet the requirements. I love your suggestion about redoing it at some point for my own personal printing. I can already see at least one that will definitely get some changes. And sometimes my creativity on a particular challenge seems low but I muscle on through.

Yes, MOC should be fun but let's not knock those who express some negative thoughts at first but then do it anyway. I was one of those on day 18 but simply turned the whole thing into a layout which I actually liked. Here it is:

[​IMG]

May we never lose our sense of humor!

crazsquaw and IntenseMagic like this.
  17. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

@flowersgal I love that photo!!

@AnneofAlamo you're an inspiration with that attitude, and I am glad you posted this...and so many of the comments left here also. It saddens me when I see the negative Nancy comments on the challenges.
    First reason is: these are CHALLENGES- not easy peasy, slap a page together for absolutely no reason and we will give everyone $20 challenges. (Hope that made sense, my frustration was typing).
    The other reason is that along the way, later on- you may/will use something from MOC on other pages that you learned. Or you will be inspired by something...♥
    If you are only doing it for the $20 FREE STUFF (which, how freaking AMAZING is that?!?!?!?!♥) then you will do what you are challenged to do, no matter what.

MOC8 has had several UNIQUE and DIFFERENT challenges, and I am loving it!! Yes, there are some hard ones for me...and due to life and a hand injury, I am WAY behind :( but I actually screenshot the challenges, to use later on for inspiration. And if I do complete this year YAY ME!

PS: What is this 'perfect' you speak of? I believe in to each their own and the only perfection is my own perception ♥ Oh, yeah...and WHO CARES if someone else doesn't like it? The ONLY thing that matters is how YOU feel about your creations.

♥GO NINERS!!♥

keepscrappin, angiekey, cfile and 2 others like this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhahahha ! I am trying not to be all crazy, but what a year! I am such a lover of the game, and would be happy as can be to see another ring ! lol

crazsquaw likes this.
  19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you Bethany :)

bjthomas likes this.