January 20 - Timeline

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by tkradtke, Jan 20, 2020.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

You guys all benefit from me having a busy start to my day tomorrow... I'm posting early!

Hi everyone! Are you excited for today’s challenge?? I’m excited to be hosting and can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

My challenge for you today is to create a timeline of events. When putting together an album, I love using timelines as a way to give an overview of what went on during a period of time. Traditionally, a straight line with increments of time and events marked on it is what comes to mind when you hear the word “timeline”, but I would like to open that up to other interpretations as well. Below are my example pages (two page spreads are not required) about our incredibly productive day of riding rides at Disneyland…

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I took a different approach with the idea of a timeline, but you can still tell it’s a timeline. Increments of time are clearly marked (the number cards show the hours of the day) and there are events labeled that correspond with those increments of time.

Here are some other examples as well:
    From Carol:
    [​IMG]

From Annemieke:
    MOC_20.jpg

From Sheri:
    20191221_MOC8_D20.jpg

From Anne:
    11002019-bike-riding-copy.jpg

The rules for this challenge are:
    • Scrap a page showing the timeline of at least 5 separate, related events (make sure the relationship is clear)
    • Your events must be in chronological order, with each event labeled with its corresponding time/date
    • You do not have to include photographs, but your page must include product from the TLP store

So much room to get creative... have fun with it! I can't wait to see what you all create!

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.

Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    crazsquaw, Ferdy, Karen and 2 others like this.
  2. tkradtke

reserved for questions

3. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

Is 5 events the minimum, maximum or exact number needed? I'm thinking minimum based on the sample layouts, but just checking!

4. tkradtke

Yup... at least 5, I'll edit that! Thanks for catching it!

Joan K and AJK like this.
  5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

6. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

Love that one....thanks for the early post

7. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

looks like a great challenge!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    tkradtke likes this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I was just about to share my page when I spotted the 5 events so back to the drawing board or see if I can find a 5th photo.

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I found another photo taken another day of the work in progress...
    [​IMG]

tkradtke and trekmom like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

might need to come up with an event in the next week or so to be able to do this challenge as i don’t think I have anything in my photos that would work

11. cestlafranz

cestlafranz Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same and now decided to take a picture every hour to do a "day in the life" kinda page. Also like the idea of taking one every day for a mini-"week in the life" - even though that would mean not completing the page today - not even before Sunday.

12. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

13. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

this was fun! here is my page ...

[​IMG]

tkradtke, angels, tia3966 and 4 others like this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@tkradtke I know you said it needed to have times attached to each “event”. For what I’m thinking I’ve got a big event with lots of little parts to it, some where I can give specific times and others where it’s more morning tea, dinner, end of the day etc, would this work?

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thanks for the early post, gave me a chance to be completely caught up
    [​IMG]

tkradtke and trekmom like this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]

Thanks an early start sure does help me.

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

18. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

19. tkradtke

Quick response and then I've got to run out the door...

First up, I just want to say, don't overthink the word "event", it was just the most generic word I could come up with to convey my point :-) @Eyeore and @cfile both did great "me through the years" timelines. In the examples in my post, Annemieke and I both did a day during a trip, but Carol had photos of her and her husband through the years, Sheri had her son's school photos and Anne documented her bike rides. So many different options that aren't necessarily "events"... I even thought it might be fun to do one about my hairstyles through the years as I was a teen in the 80's... lol!

Now for the time part, it isn't exactly in the rules, but I would love to see consistency in the time labeling. If you're attaching times to some of the events, I would like to see times for all of the events, even if they're just approximates. If you want to do general time of day like the examples you gave, I would love to see all of the events labeled in that way. Make sense? I hope so, I'm running a bit behind and rushing, so I might be a bit rambly. Let me know if you need more clarification!

elseepe, littlekiwi and cfile like this.
  20. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme