MOC How Do I?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by mrs2a50, Dec 30, 2019.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

How do I add my gallery page to my forum post?
    Once you have uploaded your page to the TLP Gallery, click on your page and there will be options for sharing it on the right. To share the image full size, highlight the box under "Share BB Code" (third on the list). Copy it, then paste it into your layout thread and the challenge thread. To share the thumbnail image, highlight the box under "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" (fourth on the list). Copy it, then paste it into your layout thread and the challenge thread.

How do I find my MOC Layouts thread after everyone has created theirs?
    You have a couple of different options - you can bookmark it and add the bookmark to your browser's tool bar. You can capture the link to your thread (right click the title of your thread, then choose "copy link location" from the drop down, and then add the link your TLP signature. You can then get to your thread by clicking your siggie!

Do I have to scrap 12x12 pages for MOC?
    No, you can scrap in whatever format or size you normally scrap, as long as your pages fully comply with the rules of each challenge

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Thanks. I bookmarked it.

3. Crystal A

Crystal A maestro in the making

4. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

My layout for January 12, Filled Template is not uploading to the gallery. It keeps saying my image is too big and I can't upload it! I've cut it down 3 times until it's 216 pixels by 216 pixels! I haven't had this problem with any other layouts and I don't know what to do - should I make it even smaller? Help please!

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Have you flattened the page first? Also make sure it is not trying to save as a PNG which sometimes happens in my Photoshop CS6.
    What program do you use and what is your normal procedure when saving for the web?

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

The problem most likely lies with the memory size of the layout (how many MB) rather than the dimensions. You might try select all, copy merged, and paste into a brand new document. Then resize and save as normal. That should get rid of any mysterious file information that is driving the size up. Hope that helps! Good luck! :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

It flattens when I change it to jpeg (at least all the layers disappear) I save it as a jpeg and size it down from 12 x 12 to 7x7 72. I use PSE and this has worked for all the rest of my pages. It seems like I had a problem with Fiddle-Dee-Dee's template last MOC and I don't remember what I had to do to fix it.

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Like Kim said it's probably got some mystery file stuff going on. You may want to try cropping everything that's outside of the bounds of the document and then merge all the visible layers by right clicking on a layer in the layers panel and choosing merge visible. I do this on all my layouts.

To crop the whole layout in PSE. Go to Select > All. That will put marching ants around the whole layout. Then, Image > Crop. Then control D to deselect and you can save for web. File > Save for Web. Then change the height and width to 600. Make sure type is jpg, high quality and progressive is checked. Then click on the 4 tiny lines at the top right > optimize to filesize and enter 250 K desired filesize and check current settings and save. Hope that helps.

KimJ likes this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@keepscrappin I think you would be correct. I am not at home right now but from memory there were things hanging outside the canvas when I was using that template.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@keepscrappin @A-M

I just checked and there aren't any pieces of the template off the canvas - well, except for a small piece of string - so I don't think that's the issue (unless she's added a ton of stuff off the canvas).

@crlin

I think your file size is still too big even though you've resized down to 600x600.

Go to FILE > SAVE FOR WEB

Make sure you are saving as JPEG, make sure OPTIMIZED is checked, and change your IMAGE SIZE from 3600x3600 t 600x600.

HOWTOSAVEFORWEB_1.JPG

Then click on the hamburger (the four horizontal lines at the top right) and choose OPTIMIZE TO FILE SIZE. Once you click there you'll get a dialog box that opens on top of the Save For Web dialog box. Make sure you change DESIRED FILE SIZE TO 250 K. Then press SAVE and you should be good to go!

HOWTOSAVEFORWEB_2.JPG

crlin, KimJ and keepscrappin like this.
  11. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Thank you Cheryl for these directions! Got it uploaded. Thanks for all the rest of the responses also!

KimJ, Karen, bestcee and 1 other person like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

Yay! I'm so glad that worked for you! Now . . . on to the next challenge! Go forth! LOL

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@mrs2a50 - This is so weird. I had a template post in my thread twice. I deleted one, but today I noticed I had to posts with #11 in the blue ribbon. I deleted the post after the first #11, hoping I could add them back and it would count correctly. Nope. Now I had two #10. So the number of posts is not being counted correctly. I am going to delete the entire thread and create a new one.

14. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

Is there a spot to find MOC images? I see people have cute signatures with pages they have completed and past MOC years. I think they created those on their own? Is it possible to have a thread with MOC images that we can use? (on our pages, signature, etc.) Maybe a thread exists already and I just don't see it as such. I guess I'm looking for official MOC Lilypad branded images. :-) I could just grab one from a post but I feel like I'm stealing their work if they created it.

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Most of the peeps just ask! They are happy to share. I know that there was one the I think @Karen made? That one I'm not sure what thread it's in, but most people grab it from someone else.

16. gonewiththewind

Here's the official branded image for signatures just for MOC8:

[​IMG]

As far as "I completed" images, most of those are indeed made my individual members here who will likely be happy to share.

Give me a bit and let me see what I can get for you as far as official branded images!

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

@SheriScraps I made a series of MOC "completed" siggies that you are welcome to use. Here they are:

[​IMG]

Each year is separate:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And for the future:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

thank you so much for that sig :dancebun

Karen likes this.
  19. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! Love it!!