January 11 - 2020 Vision Board

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 10, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

JANUARY 11 : Vision Board challenge

[​IMG]

Hi and Happy National Vision Board day!
    I bet you didn't even know it was a US national day.
    It's the Second Saturday in January, which means TODAY!

Before we get into today's challenge....please, please, please read the MOC guidelines HERE. SPECIFICALLY THIS PART: #1. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. We want you to enjoy the process and love your pages, but these are supposed to be challenges that take you outside of your comfort zone. It is important that your page comply with the spirit of the challenge. If you have any questions, post in that thread or message me or the host.

OK...on to the fun!!!!!

Did you know, vision board parties began in 2010 between a group of friends as a way for people to get together in a fun environment to set goals, cast vision and dream out loud in a tangible way by creating vision boards they then reflect on them all year. Seeing their hopes and dreams helps set in motion for these visions to become a reality.

Today's challenge is to create a vision board. Since this year is 2020, you will need to add 20 goals. Feel free to separate them into categories, but you'll need exactly 20 (yes, I'm going to count them).

Creating a vision board is simple. Here are a few steps:
    1) Reflect on Your Past Wins and Learnings
    • What have you done well?
    • What are your proud of?
    • What did you learn from?
    • What will you do differently next time?
    2) Create a list of 20 goals you’d like to achieve this year (you can have 20 separate goals or multiple goals inside categories)
    • Where are you?
    • Who are you with?
    • What are you doing?
    • How do you feel?
    3) Add pictures, elements, and/or symbols that represent your goals and inspire you. You must use scrap products (not just a text list).

4) Add motivational affirmation words and/or quotes that represent your goals and feelings

5) Take a few moments to contemplate your vision board as often as you like to keep your goals fresh in your mind.

The rules for this challenge:
    • Create a layout as a visual representation of how you see your year.
    • You must have exactly 20 goals (individual or in categories).
    • You must use scrap products in the form of elements, quotes, visual additions to your LO.
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Here is my LO
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  2. FarrahJobling

***reserved for questions and clarifications***
    Q- Can I use ONE word to represent my "goals"?
    A- ABSOLUTELY - I don't need complete sentences and your "goal" can be as vague as you'd like. As simple as "read a book" or "try something new" or even "laugh"

Q- Do I have to share my most inner thoughts?
    A- NOPE - I'm definitely not looking for a 20 page manifesto....a simple scrap page to represent how you'd like your year to go is perfect. If your goal is to have sex 366 times this year and you don't want to announce that to the world, you can totally use the word "LOVE" to represent that. You can go as deep as you'd like, but it's ok to just have fun with it. If you want to blur out the text, totally fine! An UN-goal list would be hilarious!

Q- Can the goals be about family, friends, etc...?
    A- ABSOLUTELY - it would be soooo funny to see one from a pet's perspective

Q- Do I have to use the word "GOAL"?
    A- NOPE - Any synonym works....the spirit of the challenge is "vision board" so interpret that as you wish and have FUN!

Q- Is this a "great" challenge?
    A- ABSOLUTELY! Have fun with it! I'm sure we all can think of 100 little things we'd like to do this year, from simply taking time to breathe to trying a new recipe to scrapping something outside our comfort zone. I only need to see 20 items.

3. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Speechless. Gulp!

AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

At first I thought " I cannot do this... I do not really set myself goals and definitely not 20 of them!" I took out a blank piece of paper and starting to write.... and now I do have a list of 20.

I share this because others may feel like I initially did as for a few seconds I was going to say " NO " I cannot do this. I will not be able to complete this challenge.

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Nothing personal but- ugh. I greatly dislike vision boards and some of the list is too personal for me. I don't want that out there for public eye.:backing(Sorry)Would be willing to do an "un-goal" one though, lol

DraeScraps, Kat, cinna and 3 others like this.
  6. FarrahJobling

I won’t be offended if you skip mine. (((Hugs)))

cinderella likes this.
  7. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

Hooooo...I have never done a vision board before, and i was thinking that the tag challenge was hard LOL....

8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Oh. Wow. This is gonna take a lot of thought and work that I don't typically do. I don't make yearly goals. UGH. This will be a challenge I might not finish in one day like I usually do.

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I think un goal would be aH mazing!

cinna, trekmom, cfile and 2 others like this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@AnneofAlamo maybe very general- One word ones. But believe it or not, I really keep the actual ones quiet; its the only time I am quiet, HA!

easyeyes4you, BevG, bjc and 2 others like this.
  11. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Really???? Oh gosh.... I don't like goals and lists - I have to think about what I can do.....

tia3966, easyeyes4you, patsyt and 5 others like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@FarrahJobling
    Skipping a challenge defeats the whole MOC thing.
    What about one word goals-with some images- withholding details? Or an un-goal page?
    :blush I sent you a PM. :thumbsups

trekmom likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

20 goals - I struggle to come up with more than 4 or 5 most years

easyeyes4you, AJK and bjc like this.
  14. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Really have to think on this one! I don't do goals - no need for that at my age! This may be 20 random thoughts!

15. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

IMG_1400.JPG I am here, and going to bed, tomorrow, a page without spelling errors...lol I need that as a goal..use spell chek! bhahah

16. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

To be positive,.. 20 sounds like a lot and I thought the same at first, but once you sit down and make small goals under a single priority in your life it starts to come together. I went to teacher training over five years ago where they explained how to set SMART goals. (You can google it for more info)
    S: Specific
    M: measurable
    A: Achievable
    R: relevant
    T: time-bound

So not thinking lofty goals that you'll never really hit,.... For example, I always want to say I won't eat sugar but I think that really would be impossible. So saying I will only eat one sweet when available (instead of half the cookie box) is specific and measurable, would be hard but could be achievable when I'm strong, etc. And hey, I should add that to my list. LOL (Maybe that's a bad example, please list a better example if you have one.)

So very small goals that help you focus on what is important to you. I hope that helps someone when they tackle this challenge. I am working on breaking mine down into realistic chunks now but thought I'd pause for positive reinforcement as this is truly a challenge to list 20!

I can't wait to see your layouts. I don't comment often, but you all inspire me with your layouts. Thank you all for sharing your lives here. :-) Good luck on the challenge!

17. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I hope I have created this correctly as I did not add any photos.
    [​IMG]

18. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Do we have to do it for ourselves? Could we do something amusing from the viewpoint of another creature/thing?

AJK and trekmom like this.
  19. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This is not a complete sentence. What does it mean? "...how your goals and feelings..." WHAT?

FarrahJobling and AJK like this.
  20. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I was thinking that the word how wasn't supposed to be there. I took it as words or quotes that represent your goals and feelings.

On a positive note, I believe I'm close to having my goals/aspirations fleshed out. Time tomorrow to design the vision board.

Night all!