SooooOooooo?? Do you wait up or GET up and read challenge?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 9, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am so not a night owl. I get up, wake my puter up, go get a cup of coffee and sit down to see how the new day's challenge is going.
    I copy and paste Challenge for the LIST, before looking, don't know why, but that is important to me? lol
    Then, I love to read the questions, pondering how the wording is being interpreted by so many different artist.
    But it is morning time. I did stay up the first night, because I was so darn excited. I am excited again today, because well, tee hee...

cfile likes this.
  2. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Alarm clock goes off at 4:45, so get up and look for me. And if I didn't get up that early and wasn't already ready to head to bed, I would probably want to stay up to see what's up your sleeve!! :)

cfile likes this.
  3. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I've just been popping in once a day and seeing what the challenge is. I'm pretty behind already but hope to catch up. I knocked out a big one today (the grid) and it was fun. I just have to be in the right mood to scrap. So I try to at least look at the challenge but not with any kind of rush or stay up late for it. Unless I just happen to be up.

bestcee likes this.
  4. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm a night owl, so if it's posted before I head off to bed (I'm in the pacific time zone), I'll read through. Otherwise I look in the morning. If I'm sitting in a boring meeting, I'll read through and multi-task (shhh, don't tell, lol). I'm also always very intrigued by the questions about the challenges, but mostly I'm excited to see the works of art everyone comes up with :heartlub I can't wait to host my own challenge :jumpey

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I WISH I could stay up and wait! I tried two nights, but by 12:20 I was nodding off. So it's get up and look. Not as competitive as I was last two years when I secretly tried to be first to post or at least get on page one,:crazy LOL!!!!!!:crazy3 Just enjoying it this year and commenting a bit more in the gallery.:heartlub

Karen likes this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Up until the current #9 I was able to get my page completed that night ( my time as they were shared around 4pm my time). #9 may have to wait until tomorrow ( weekend for me ) as I am not home presently and when I get home I will not long after be going out for dinner.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Competitive MOC! Oh my gosh... I love it!! I can see it on tv already....:giggle
    Stand by and watch as scrappers try to race each other! A whole new meaning to speed scrapping. :rollin

Karen, Tree City, cfile and 2 others like this.
  8. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'm usually up until the wee hours anyway (one part night owl, one part the young one's sleep disorders). I'm quite often still working on the day's challenge when the new one comes out. When I'm not I'm compulsively refreshing to see if the new one has posted yet.

And when it hasn't - I grab my phone and look before I even roll out of bed in the morning :-D

bestcee likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm usually up until 12:30 or so EST, so I always check before I go to bed. Some days it's there, but more often I have to wait and try again in the morning. Regardless of when I look, I usually don't get to work on it until the end of the day, 10 pm.

10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I usually leave my computer by anywhere from 10-11 pm to go read a book, but then I'll check back around midnight before I go to bed to see if the next day's challenge has been posted.

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I generally see them in the evening here because they go up from 6pm NZ time and I’m often on my own until 9pm anyway. I generally don’t scrap though til the following day waiting to see what comes up.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Being in the UK, I get up my usual time. I switch the computer straight on to see if the challenge is up yet. Only the one day so far this year when I've has to wait until lunchtime for it to be posted.

13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I wait until I’ve woken up in the morning after I’ve checked the weather and emails. Maybe once I could’ve stayed up to see the new challenges, but now I’m too exhausted from our renovations that I fall into bed around 10:00. I’m such the party animal, I know! Lol!

@AJK - you’re too funny! That gave me a smile!

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am a nursery rhyme!! "Early to Bed, early to rise..." Now on to Anne's chllenge for today!

15. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

I live in a different time zone so I’m woking up to a new challenge

16. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

I get up at 5:30am with my girls to get them ready for school. Once they are all gone, I eat breakfast, get myself ready and then turn on the computer to check the challenge. Sometimes, I need to think about it some during the day (especially if we have something going on). Other days I jump right in.

I have had to check the challenge on my phone a few times. Especially on days where I knew I couldn't get online right away. This way, I can read through it and then get ideas throughout the day until I can get online to scrap.

17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

that is how I roll! I love to ruminate over the challenges! Sometimes they just explode out of my head! but some, I read it and then reread and go, HOW? lol

but I am usually still in my robe, with cup of coffee staring at screen!

18. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I'm all over the place. I do not have a set schedule and more often then not I am up all hours of the night due to pain and insomnia. My computer is mostly always on. Today I checked when I got up (I actually went to the gym for 7am today). I came home from the gym and I have been in front of the computer since then. I finished day 6 and now I am procrastinating doing day 7...lol. Right now MOC is a great distraction from my DS leaving on Monday for boot camp.

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I live in Virginia and occasionally the challenge is posted just after midnight. It's not out of the question I might still be awake then. Of course I was still up at that time on Day 1 and very much appreciated finding the challenge soon after we cheered in the new year. I got my Day 1 page done around 2 a.m. January 1. Since then, I've mostly just been reading the challenge on my phone soon after I wake up and if I can't do it right away, I ponder it at least. So far I've been able to finish all but one or two of my pages in the morning.

20. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

LOL! I usually check it in the morning, but Monday I was up so late, I saw Tuesday's challenge post. I really look forward to seeing the new challenges each and every day!