Welcome to MOC 8!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by lmccandless, Dec 31, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome everyone!!! Yay for MOC!! This is my 8th year with the MOC (having completed every one :) ) and my second as a Polly. Yup I am one who is thrilled to have won a Polly spot so it is possible! As Laura said, you will meet new friends here while doing the challenges. That is how I met some of my dearest friends here at the pad :) I hope you love the challenges we have in store for you!! As for me, I am married to my best friend for 27 years. We love to travel and I love coffee :)

I can't wait to see all of your pages!!

2. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Soooooooooo glad to be here... newbie to digi scrapping (since about Oct2019) but been paper scrapping since 2003. This will be my first MOC so holding thumbs I can do it justice.

A little about me... I live in South Africa, married and have an 18yr old who is about to go to varsity (we hope!). I work mornings only but run around most afternoons after my son and mother. I scrap whenever I can during the rest of the day.

bellbird, rlucasmn and bestcee like this.
  3. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

This will be my 3rd year for MOC... I enjoy the way we get pushed...and cannot believe I can actually manage to get a page a day done! a remarkable feat... Started Paper scrapping in 1998 and switch to Digi in 2005...

I am a widow, live in N. CA, I have 3 kids who live far away from me...6 grandkids and 3 great grands!!!! 2/3rds live in Alaska, the rest in California

bellbird, rlucasmn and KarenB like this.
  4. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

hello everyone !

Happy new year ! and happy MOC !
    I live in France near the Puy du Fou with my hubby, our two children (my inspiration) and our pets (4 cats, 1 hamster and 1 fish).
    I scrap since summer 2012 and am totally addict since the beginning. a day without scrap is not a good day ;-)

bellbird, rlucasmn, Lisa B and 2 others like this.
  5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I'm so excited that this is my first MOC as a fully fledged Polly! This is my 7th MOC (the last 6 all completed) Wow, time flies!
    I am in the UK, married with 3 grown up kids and an empty nest. I work part time as a nanny and am a devoted dog mum to Poppy.
    I've been paper scrapping since 2001 and digital scrapping since 2013. I also do art journaling in real life and love to be outside wherever possible.
    Good luck everyone - have fun :clap I'm looking forward to seeing all the creativity that MOC inspires :beat

bellbird, rlucasmn and cfile like this.
  6. extase

extase Well-Known Member

Hi there, i tried the MOC last year but didn't finished it.
    I'm french, live near Paris and work as a co-ownership manager and i also design.
    I digiscrap for a long time (10 years i thinks).2020 is a new year (47 years today :blush, a flat alone with kids in one month) & i'll finish the MOC :fairydance
    Can't wait to start with the first challenge.
    Thanks by advance for hosting all of them.

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Happy Birthday Sofie! Glad you are back with us for another MOC. I hope you will stay :)

extase likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m Jennifer - live in New Zealand, have been scrapping since 1998ish and fully digital since 2005/6. Been at TLP for 8 years this month but probably been most active the last 4-5 I’d say. Have yet to complete a MOC but this is my 3rd or 4th try.

9. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Woohoo! I am SO keen to get MOC8 started and get my creative juices flowing again after a very slow 2019!

I'm Amanda (obviously :giggle) and I live in Brisbane, Australia (so I'm the Aussie Amanda). I have two DDs (22 yrs + 18 yrs) and I have been married to my best friend for the past 30 years (time flies!). I have been scrapping since 2007 and have been a Polly (at the most magical place online) since 2014 (again, time flies!!).

Its lovely to be starting this scrappy adventure with you!
    [​IMG]

10. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

Hi! I'm Katell, I'm living in France (Brittany ;-) ) with my husband, one of my daughter and 2 cats. My eldest daughter live alone in a city at 1h40 drive from here for her studies.
    I scrap since 2007! a lot of time! and i think it's my fourth or fifth MOC !
    I love scrapping, travelling and reading. So happy to be here again ;-)

11. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Hi Everyone! I'm Jan. Married to my sweetheart for 51 happy years now. We have 5 sons and 1 daughter and a fur baby. 27 grandkids and almost 4 great grands. We retired a year and a half ago and moved up to a tiny town in the Pacific Northwest called Cusick (WA). It's totally awesome and beautiful here and has four wonderful seasons!! Have been scrapbooking for about 14 years now. I enjoy the challenges here. Thanks for making MOC so fun.

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

This is my 3rd MOC. I live in England with my husband, two teenagers and a pre-teen. In addition to being a mum, I'm a fulltime 24/7 carer for both of my teenagers who have developed life threatening medical conditions. I digi scrap and craft to keep sane, and be "me".

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been digital scrapbooking since June of 2006. I live in the USA, in the midwest. DH & I have been married for 45 years (no kids). I retired in August 2018 so now i have lots more time to scrap. :-) This is my 5th MOC.

14. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    This is my 4th MOC. I didn't finish last year because my brother and nephew were over from Sweden and time with them was a priority. This year is starting out a little quieter so I will do better :)
    I'm from Australia, mom to 2 boys and I've been a digiscrapper since 2008.

bellbird and rlucasmn like this.
  15. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Happy New Year!

This will be my first MOC, I did one page last year which I'm not counting since it was for a calendar I was finishing and I made it work for a challenge, but I was busy with lots of other stuff and knew I wouldn't do any other challenges... but was determined to do so this year (how is it this year already!). I live in Southern CA with my DH of 30 yrs., two of our three DDs (24, 22, 18), and five cats. I started paper scrapping in 1996, was hooked with digiscrapping in 2008, but still consider myself a beginner since I homeschooled my three DDs K-12 and didn't have a lot of extra time. I discovered TLP during iNSD 2018 and would say this is definitely my digi home.

16. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! This is my 3rd MOC and I love it. I must leave my comfort zone from time to time :-)
    I've been digital scrapbooking since 2012. I live in a small town in rural Germany. I have one daughter who lives with her family in San Diego, California. And I am a proud grandma of three little girls! For a long time I was the back office manger in a software company but I am retired now.
    When I’m not scrapping, I love gardening, walking, and spending quality time with my hubby.

17. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

Hi! I landed at the lilypad last year at this time so this is my second shot at MOC. I am more of a mixed media artist than a memory keeper. I am Canadian but live and do most of my work in Australia. I am away in various countries for about 4 months of the year and truly it sounds way more glamous that it is... schlepping bags, weird internet and jet lag.
    I love artistry in all forms so this MOC I am going to take the time give lots of love and comments to my fellow scrappers..... I can't wait to get started....blind scrap here i come.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    bellbird and rlucasmn like this.
  18. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

This is my 3rd MOC, but my first wasn’t completely finished... been digi scrapping for 10 years and love how this challenge makes me grow creatively.

I have a couple extra challenges as we head into the next week. My husband and I are moving out of state. So... I’m going to do today’s challenge, then I won’t be back at my computer until next Monday or Tuesday... I’ll be able to make up the time, but shew!! Luckily, my hubs knows this is a priority and he’ll keep me on schedule! Lol

Happy to see all your inspiring faces up in here! Let’s do this!

bellbird, Soco, rlucasmn and 2 others like this.
  19. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

Happy New Year! This is my 2nd MOC & I can’t wait. I barely finished last year, but am hoping to be more on top of things this year. I’ve been scrapping for close to 20 years. I started with traditional but have almost completely switched to digital. My husband & I have a 10 year old daughter & 2 cats. We’ve been on several vacations with extended family that I’m still trying to scrap. My goal for this year is to finish an album - or 2 or 3!

bellbird, rlucasmn and Lisa B like this.
  20. Mary-Lynne

Mary-Lynne Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! This is my third MOC, but last year was my first completed one. I loved the layouts I came away with and the sheer volume of what I got done! Thanks for hosting this again. Looking forward to this year's challenges.

bellbird, rlucasmn and Lisa B like this.