Shape Tool: Where to get more shapes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Dec 16, 2019.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I'm watching a YouTube tutorial by Tangie, and she is using some awesome doodled heart shapes via the shape tool. Does anyone know where to get more shapes to download? Googling has not been successful. I keep getting taken to Brushes and/or Styles. I can't find shapes in TLP store when I do a search. TIA

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

There is a small selection of custom shapes available in the store. :) I agree that Google can be pretty hit and miss. Are you searching for "Photoshop custom shapes"? "Vector shapes" may also help, but the format for those is usually more for Illustrator rather than Photoshop. As Christa said, CSH files are what you are looking for. :)

cfile likes this.
  4. SharLamb

Thanks for the suggestions Christa and Kim. I found what I think are the exact shapes Tangie used for her tut, in Just Jaime's shop...put them in my cart immediately! I love this place.

Karen, cfile and KimJ like this.
  5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

In addition to buying them or finding freebies, it's easy to make your own if you have PS (I'm not sure about PSE or other programs).
    Make a selection with any method that works for you -> Paths palette -> Make workpath from selection -> edit -> define custom shape
    Also if you have PSCC, they just added a bunch of new presets with the 2020 version.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Karen, janedee, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  6. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

This reminds me that I seldom use shapes.

7. SharLamb

Thanks Sheri. I have actually made my own styles a few times, and thought about just making heart shapes, but I wanted instant gratification yesterday! I really like the hearts from Jaime, but I’m thinking to try making SOME on my own on a less demanding day. I put “shapes” in the search bar in PSCC, and got no hits. Maybe I was in the wrong place? I’ll check that out too.

8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm glad you found something you like! If you want to load additional shapes, go to the shapes palette and click the 4 lines icon on the top right and a drop down will appear with options. I'm in PSCC 2020, so I get an option to "Legacy Shapes and More" ... but I know older versions have other options. There are usually many shapes that come with the program that aren't loaded. To make your own, just follow the steps from my previous post. I made myself an action that does it. You're basically turning a selection into a path and then just defining the shape from the edit menu. It will then appear in your custom shape tool. Let me know if you have any other questions!

9. SharLamb

Thanks Sheri. I failed to click the 4 lines when I was looking before. Today is my lounging in bed with a carafe of coffee day, so I will go check it out as soon as I’m dressed. (I’m also on PSCC 2020). Can’t wait to see what awaits me! :)

Sokee and SeattleSheri like this.
  10. SharLamb

Later: I did find some more shapes...esp. like the flower ones. BUT...still glad I bought JJamie's hearts. Used one on a LO I just uploaded.

11. SharLamb

Follow-up:
    I found a site called Shapes4Free that has a lot of free shapes. Nothing like the heart ones from Jaime, but still lots of fun ones.