DYD 2019 Holiday Bingo Cards

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by bestcee, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

One of Justine and my favorite events is our Slow Motion Bingo games!
    Now, the Halloween Bash always worries me with some of the creepy and spooky images.
    [​IMG]
    So, it's time to do our Holiday Bingo!
    [​IMG]

Here's How to Play:

Step 1. Download the 5x5 png grid made for this game - just click to download or right click on it and save it to your computer.
    Step 2. Choose only 24 words from the official word list below
    Step 3. Add your words to the grid (the middle square is a free space! You can decorate your bingo card or leave it plain but please use a font that can be easily read)
    Step 4. Save your bingo card for web and upload it to this thread before Thurs Nov 14th at 4pm EDT when this thread will be locked.(When you go to reply, just choose 'upload a file', it's next to the 'post reply' button and click 'full size' - this let's you add your bingo card straight into this thread, bypassing the gallery).
    Step 5. Sit tight and get ready for the bingo fun to begin! Keep a look out for a new "GAME: Slo-Mo GIF Bingo Word Calling" thread in the Document Your December forum!

Once the thread is locked, the fun begins! Words are drawn at random intervals, although the callers are always encouraged by a nice gif, image, or simply please. Words will be called until we have a lucky full card bingo winner!

The FIRST person to call Bingo is the winner, so pay attention!​
    Bingo Grid.png
    Remember, the middle space is free! You only need 24 words out of the list below. Good luck and have fun!
    Only 1 bingo card allowed per person. If you make any changes (like you see everyone else picked baking and you want to be different...:giggle) make sure you delete your original card before it gets locked!

Official Word List:
    Applesauce
    Baking
    Beach
    Boxing Day
    Candles
    Candy Cane
    Cards
    Caroling
    Christmas Cards
    Christmas Tree
    Clogs
    Coal
    Cookies
    December
    Decorations
    Desserts
    Dreidel
    Eggnog
    Eight Nights
    Elephant
    Elves
    Family
    Feast
    Fireplace
    Friends
    Frosty the Snowman
    Fruitcake
    Garland
    Gingerbread House
    Goat
    Grinch
    Holiday
    Hot Chocolate
    Jingle
    Kwanzaa
    Latkes
    Lights
    Luminarias
    Magic
    Menorah
    Mince Pie
    Mistletoe
    Movies
    Music
    Nativity
    Noodles
    Nuts
    Oil
    Peppermint
    Pickle
    Poinsettias
    Presents
    Rudolph
    Santa Claus
    Scrooge
    Seven Nights
    Shopping
    Skating
    Skiing
    Sleigh
    Snow
    Solstice
    Stockings
    Sufganiyot (Jelly Doughnuts!)
    Summer
    Sunshine
    Tamales
    Three Kings Day
    Toys
    Train
    Wine
    Winter
    Wreath
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AJK, Ga_L, Lisa B and 2 others like this.
  2. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Oh jeez there goes me hitting my word count for the day ...

But hey, while I'm here, will there be an introductory post about DYD over in that forum? Cos I'm interested but have no real clue what it's all about?

bestcee likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh fun! I got so close last time in the Halloween version. I usually lag way behind.
    Bingo-Grid.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    cfile and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

December is full of holidays and other celebrations. So, document your December celebrates that. Whether it's Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or another celebration, or just spending time with family and friends.
    Document your December is an opportunity to play some games, do some chats, and get ready for the season. They are tips, helps, and of course, shopping fun!

AJK, bellbird and blueberries like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Maybe I'll be able to play. I had fun making a card anyway. :)
    michelepixels-Bingo-5x5.jpg

Lisa B and bestcee like this.
  6. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I love the slow motion Bingo games!

HolidayBingo2019-Web.jpg
    Credits Holiday Bingo Card: Merry and Winter Garden by Rebecca McMeen

bestcee and Lisa B like this.
  7. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

so fun, here's my card

Gaelle-2019-11-11-TLP-bingo-DYD.jpg

bestcee likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YEA! I think I will try DYD too- it will make MOC8 come faster!!!! Bwwwwahahaaahhhaaaa!

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The TLP Designers have been making coordinating collections since 2011 to help scrappers document all the events happening in December. Most scrappers who participate document daily, but some only highlight specific events or memories from their month. Some scrap with physical paper and some with hybrid and some just digitally. There are a variety of sizes.

As far as our promotion, there are challenges and games and all the fun stuff we normally have for events here at TLP, all geared to help you prepare in advance for the busiest time of the year for most of us. It's also a great time to look back at previous Decembers that you haven't documented yet, and maybe make it a project for this year. It's super fun to have the albums available for your family and friends to enjoy!

If you want to see all the previous collections, you can check them out in the store here: DOCUMENT YOUR DECEMBER.

11. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I was right, didn't make my word count or the day - but I did get a good idea how I'm going to decorate for Yule this year. Now if I can just figure out the cards. Shame they won't be as easy as this Bingo card was ... DYD Bingo.png

bestcee likes this.
  12. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Not too fancy of a bingo card...

Bingo-DYD-2019.jpg

bestcee likes this.
  14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Here's mine! Can't wait!
    [​IMG]

15. Kay S

Kay S Member

I would like to play, but I can't figure out how to use this png grid in PSE 11. Can anyone please advise me?

16. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

So excited!
    Holiday bingo card - TLP.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I use PS CS6 but I think it should be the same - right click & save the grid to your computer; find the folder you saved it to, open PSE & drag it into PSE. It should open as one flat layer of 5x5 squares (with transparent divisions & background - so you should see a checkerboard grey print in between the black squares) .
    • If you want to just add your words like umyesh did above, just use the text tool & click on the document using the placement of the squares as your guide for where to type. Start a new text box over each squares & change fonts/colours as you feel - like umyesh did with the festive red & green!
    • If you want to decorate it as some of the others have, you can use 1 paper behind all the boxes by dragging it in and then moving it down below the bingo squares layer in your Layers Palette (i use CS6 but i believe this is similar in both programs).
    • If you want all the squares to look like they are cut from the same paper ( but different to the background obviously), there are a few ways you can do it.
      • With the Magic Wand - turn on the magic wand tool, make sure you are on the bingo squares layer and click on one of the black squares to select all the squares (if it only selects one square you may have to click or unclick some of the options like anti-aliased ). Then go to the paper layer above the bingo squares and 'cut' the paper - i found this page that may https://www.dummies.com/photography...-with-the-photoshop-elements-magic-wand-tool/ (please don't be offended by the Dummies guide name! So much not intended but i find these guides so helpful for everything!)
      • Capture-magicwand.PNG
      • With Clipping Masks - drag another paper in and put it on the layer above your bingo squares, then 'clip' it to the lower bingo squares layer - i found this page that may help https://www.dummies.com/photography...eate-clipping-masks-in-photoshop-elements-11/ (please don't be offended by the Dummies guide name! So much not intended but i find these guides so helpful for everything!)[​IMG] (In this image, the bingo squares are shown as a clock shape and the actor photo would be your patterned paper)
    • If you want to add extra elements or images to decorate the page further, drag them in over the top of the papers and bingo squares layers and keep them above those layers in the Layers palette but make sure you add your text layers because it's the words that are most important!
    Hope that helps!

bestcee likes this.
  18. bestcee

@Kay S Does the instructions from Justine help? If not, I can help walk you through it. It's pretty easy to use png files in PSE11.

bellbird likes this.
  19. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

*Finally Finished My Bingo Card!...Lots Of DYD Fun!

DYD Bingo2.jpg

*To Create This Bingo Card-I Used:White Christmas By Kristin Aagard

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    bestcee likes this.
  20. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's mine. I didn't get to finish the Halloween Bash Bingo as we had a power outage for three days and then I had no internet for another week. I love these games and salute you both for all your hard work putting this together.
    Bingo.gif

bestcee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.