Kitchen Gadgets | Pad Patter 11.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 10, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've been working outside most of the day today, trying to take advantage of the nice days while they're still with us. I'm just sitting down and reading through some threads to see what I've missed and I noticed lots of posts recently about IPs, Air Fryers, Mixers, etc. So, it just got me wondering.... What's the one kitchen appliance or gadget that you could just not live without? Outside of things like the frig or oven or dishwasher, what do you love most?

KarenB likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't make me choose!!!

I love my kitchen aid mixer. And I love my pressure cooker. And my immersion blender isn't too shabby now that it's soup season.....

AJK, KarenB and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I guess I'd have to choose my toaster oven. I use it so much I've gone through a few of them over the last decade and a half since my microwave died and I decided not to replace it because I've never liked microwave cooked food. I boil water on the stove and heat frozen food in my toaster oven. I toast bread in there too; I don't have a toaster. This is a good way to avoid getting wheat crumbs on the food for my child with food allergies. Only her food is allowed on the top rack; food with wheat must go on the bottom rack. I also broil steak, make nachos, and reheat leftovers in my toaster oven sometimes. I could even rotisserie a chicken, but I haven't bothered; it's easier to just pay $5 for the rotisserie chicken at Wegmans.

My son might choose the blender as his favorite appliance however. He makes a lot of smoothies!

My older daughter might choose the mixer; she bakes a lot.

I'm not sure what my middle child would pick. They're not interested in kitchen stuff much.

KarenB and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My husband. He's what I love most about my kitchen.

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Awwwww :beat

AJK, KarenB and Tree City like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

My pressure cooker is right up there, too! I'm the worst about remember to thaw things and I love that I can throw in frozen stuff. I'm really wanting a kitchen aid mixer!!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I've honestly been thinking about getting rid of my microwave. The only thing it really gets used for these days is when my son heats up Spaghetti-O's or something. I have very little counter space and the microwave takes up so much of it.

michelepixels likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Awww That's awesome :heartlub

Tree City likes this.
  9. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Obi Bunn Kenobi

Even though I can't drink much coffee any more - two cups a day is pretty much max for me - I can't live without my Bunn. I've tried more than once to go back to regular drip makers, and have even tried a few of the single cup makers, but it never takes long before I switch back. Totally worth the cost, and whatever extra electricity it uses.

IntenseMagic and KarenB like this.
  10. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

If you've not tried one, I'll suggest looking into a convection toaster oven next time. It's more than a run of the mill toaster oven, comparable to a high end, but it pays for itself pretty well. The convection setting uses a lot less electricity - both in usage and by reduced cook time - and the one I have has lasted for .. wow, so long that I can't remember exactly when we got it. At least five or six years of heavy use.

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

For the last year it has been my crock pots. Microwave would be 2nd on the list.

@IntenseMagic I've never had a counter top microwave. Mom refused to give up counter space when they became popular. Once the over the range models came out, she caved. When it quit working after 20-something years, I replaced it with another over the range microwave. I'll never have any other kind.

IntenseMagic, KarenB and bestcee like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's awesome! I wouldn't thought of that benefit.
    Our toaster oven only has 1 rack, and then a pan. But it's big enough for a frozen pizza, and it has the convection oven setting. I adore it in the summer! We use it for as much as possible to avoid heating up the house.

And toast. It make fabulous toast.

michelepixels and blueberries like this.
  13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

It depends on the week I am having....

too busy to do a decent breakfast then... my Vitamix
    the holidays... my KitchenAid Mixer
    cold days... my InstantPot
    late for hockey... my airFryer

LOL!!!!

IntenseMagic, Karen and KarenB like this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

btw. I think this should be scrapped... just like that with a few pics of my gadgets! LOL!!!

15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I would say 1- My keurig (although I could use the french press in a pinch!) and 2- My kitchenaid mixer!

ALthough- like sara- My hubby does at least 50% of the workload in the kitchen too! ;)

IntenseMagic and Karen like this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i wish i could say my husband but i'm glad dishwasher and oven and fridge are on the keep it anyway' list; outside of that it's the electric jug/kettle, i boil water a dozen times a day and it's probably the biggest workhorse in the kitchen but outside that it's the slowcooker, especially in winter and even in summer especially on after school activity days. Our microwave is pretty much built in but i think we could live without it - the most it does is cooking frozen peas (and frozen broccoli) once or twice a week for us and the bird and fish.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I couldn't live without the digital scales, but that's because the lives of two of my children depend on them.

on a more personal level - I really like my milk pan for warming things up and making hot chocolate with coconut milk.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love my dishwasher! It's the place where I hide all the dirty dishes all day long, and then at night I'm not the one who has to wash them!
    I really like the holes on the bottom of my new ikea mixing bowls, so there is no water left in the dishwasher.
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic and Karen like this.
  19. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I don't really use many gadgets. So I would probably have to say my kettle. It provides me with my endless cups of tea that I obviously can't live without :giggle

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:giggle I love this!