Dropbox, Lightroom,and Iphones

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by mrspotts, Nov 6, 2019.

1. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I recently update my iPhone 6 to an iPhone XS. No biggie, except my videos won’t upload to Dropbox and they cannot be viewed in Lightroom. I’ve researched enough to know this is a formatting problem with the newer iPhones. I found one solution presented online was to reduce the video size. Not very pleased with that option. Does anyone have a work around for this problem that is working for you?

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

The only issue I had when I got my new phone was that the "Camera Capture" was set to High Efficience (HEIF, I think it is). Go into camera - settings - formats and change the setting to "Most Compatible". Not sure if that's your problem, but you might try that. If you go into that same setting, there are all kinds of settings for video, too. I don't shoot much video, so I can't help you there.

3. mrspotts

Yes that is what I'm referring to. I don't like changing it to most compatible because of the loss of quality.

4. Cherylndesigns

There isn't no loss of quality on photographs! Again, I don't do video. The problem I ran into was I couldn't download my pictures from sites like Google Pics, because HEIF isn't compatible. I've not noticed any loss of quality in my pictures.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have been having problems downloading my videos to my own computer since I've had my iPhone Xs. I was going to just go to iCloud.com and get them from there but they are WAY resized down there and I wasn't happy about that either. I know my download problem is a compatibility problem too, but I don't know how to fix it, especially for the videos I've already taken.

So I'm watching this thread for help too!

mrspotts likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Also I was scrappign some pictures for a friend this weekend and she sent me some HEIC photos that I couldn't open in Photoshop, but I did find this site that will convert them to .jpg for free and without downloading any program:

https://heictojpg.com/

It worked well for the few I had to do. It would take awhile if you have a ton to do though because you have to download them one at a time after they are converted. @Cherylndesigns

mrspotts likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

That's good to know, Karen. If they're HEIC's - they absolutely won't download the normal way. I changed mine right away when I got my new 11 pro. I discovered this problem when I upgraded to my 7. I'm going to bookmark that conversion. Thanks.

Karen likes this.
  8. mrspotts

Thanks for the info Karen!

I just barely upgraded from a 6 to the XS and was so excited, until I ran into this problem. No I'm just bummed that the industries aren't keeping up with each other. It reminded me of that article awhile ago that said this generation will be forgotten because people aren't printing their photos. Well geesh if it is so hard to get them all in one spot to do that, then I understand why people aren't printing them. Sorry....that was my frustrated tirade.

Hopefully others have some insight to help us all out!

Karen likes this.