Nanowrimo anyone?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AmaG, Nov 2, 2019.

1. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Finally going for it this year. I'm writing a reimagined Alice in Wonderland with a gritty, erotic twist. Anyone else writing up a storm this month? Wanna link up Nano sites? I'm GirlFriday.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am NOT a writer... I'm on the reader end of the process but I think it's super cool that you are participating in this! Your idea sounds fascinating! I wanna read it when you're done! :agree

AmaG likes this.
  3. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I am - it's my 5th year in a row, and I have my fingers crossed I can be as successful as other years (I've managed to finish 3 out of 4). I'm doing somewhat of a twist on fairy tales myself ... but then again, I always write fairy tales, in one form or another, so no real surprise there.

I'll send you a request - I'm Bliss Smith, same icon as here so you'll know who I am.

(and anyone else reading along, feel free to add me too)

AmaG and Karen like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm taking a memory keepers take on this. Does that count?

My goal this month is to write the journaling behind one story or prompt every day. I'm not making a page. Just get the writing down. I hope that eventually I will make it pretty and scrap it, but for the moment I want to get some writing down.

blueberries and AmaG like this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Well,since I had to Google what it is, then no.... but it sounds interesting. Though the official web site requires a sign in to even get a glimpse of how it works.
    For people like me who don't know, ; it seems to be a national writing event for the month of November, that helps you kick start some good writing habits, or even start a novel.
    I love writing stuff,but not for me I think.
    Good luck, and have fun to those of you taking part.

AmaG and cfile like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am with you Vivi.. I like to write for my layouts but that is about it!

AmaG likes this.
  7. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Thank you for sharing this site! I just signed up for a year long writing workshop at my local bookstore. It begins in January and goes monthly for the whole year. It is for newbie writers with a focus on writing fiction. This has been on my bucket list for years, so I'm super stoked to begin.

blueberries and AmaG like this.
  8. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Thanks for all the responses. I think it's really cool that people are tracking their journaling for pages. Oddly, I have a tough time with journaling pages despite writing fiction. I'm biting off more than I can chew: Nanowrimo and getting back into scrapping and challenges. But better to stay busy and CREATIVE!

bestcee likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This sounds super awesome, but I can't add one more thing onto my list of things. LOL I do journal on almost every layout, but not necessarily super detailed. I could definitely work on that more this month.

10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I don't do this one since I don't write fiction....I do NPoWriMo in April for National Poetry Writing month though.

blueberries likes this.
  11. blueberries

I've done that one as well - it's really so much harder than 50,000 words of fiction, but I love it just the same. Hoping to do it next April.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  12. blueberries

And for others who have expressed interest in something that isn't NaNo - A Round Of Words In 80 Days. It's billed as "the writing challenge that knows you have a life." You get to set the goals, and it doesn't have to be fiction, either, so @gonewiththewind @pagefrocks and @bestcee that might be a better challenge format for journaling/memorykeeping.