Can I get some thoughts please =)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by vinniepearce, Oct 18, 2019.

1. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

MrsPeel and gonewiththewind like this.
  2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

What awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing

3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I find that having 'fresh" photos or new goodies to scrapbook really inspires a spate of scrapbooking.
    I have gone back and done my DD's baby and young childhood album, but don't really know how much my sons will appreciate or value that. It may be different if when they have significant others that care, but for now I take photos of outings hubby and I go on and the cats and the season we are in.
    Looking forward to reading others' input.

4. FarrahJobling

I have an on-going recipe/food photography scrapbook in the works

cfile and Iowan like this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I have hundreds of photos pre-1950's that I love to incorporate into my pages. I love paying respect to my ancestors. And there are always the photos we have taken throughout the years. The scanner is my friend.

And like others here, I don't have kids. DH and I have been married to each other and no one else, so no grandkids either. I take photos of birds & squirrels and chipmunks too. :-)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    FarrahJobling likes this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

In addition to some of the other suggestions, I also have an "all about me" book that I have in progress. I work on it sporadically as I get inspired by kits or challenges here at the pad. In this book, I have old photos, bits about me now, and sometimes I tell the storied behind objects I have in my house.

londoncuppa likes this.
  7. FarrahJobling

I also have a project in the works that has photos and info about things I am interested in - stars and herbs and stones...it's kind of my "book of shadows" but not witchy...but same idea.

blueberries likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have no children/grandchildren so this has always been the issue for me.

What I do scrap leans towards any activities I'm involved in. I also scrap events that happen in my town (a lot this past summer because of the anniversary of the moon landing). Of course, any gatherings of extended family (weddings, reunions). I've also been updating my house and am documenting that process... that's gonna be a whole book by itself! I also retired 2 years ago so have photos from my retirement party that I just scrapped.

Like Marilyn said, the scanner is my friend as well. I have scanned (and paid to have negatives scanned) many photos from my childhood and have scrapped them. I also have scrapped the stories about things from my childhood.

I also love just documenting day to day things... see a cool sunset, scrap it. This time of year is always awesome with the changing colors of leaves. And, they never look the same from year to year. Nature is just so beautiful that it is always an option.

And, of course pets. Gotta scrap the dogs. The pages of Pepper and Paige have kept them alive in my heart. Now I've got Peyton and will document her life.

mcurtt and LisaDV like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I don't have children or Grands either so I scrap a lot of old photos of me as a child (or others in the family), but also now I am working more on my photography skills so I am trying to take photos too of people like children etc.

I might start in the new year, taking a photo a day.. that sounds like it could be fun!

We went to the petting zoo, and a farmers market, the winery and the horse stables in the last 2 weeks so I have been practicing with animals, children, still life, just having fun. That and old family slides and screen shots from home movies is what I have been scrapping.

I always will photograph a flower hubby brings me in from the garden and of course any interesting gourmet meals we make at home or a cup of coffee or a glass of wine or stages of creations (projects or meals) so I can scrap those too! Always photographing dinner out too to scrap :)

mcurtt and LisaDV like this.
  10. FarrahJobling

YES!!! DO IT!

cfile likes this.
  11. cfile

LOL.. we can do it together, but I do not nor want to do instagram. LOL

FarrahJobling likes this.
  12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@FarrahJobling This is a great idea. I like the idea of scrapping about what I'm interested in. This could include so many things, now my brain is blowing up :)

vinniepearce, FarrahJobling and cfile like this.
  13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Yes ! Farrah and Christa photos and scrapping about your interests,both are super ideas. I love taking photos of odd things,and need to practice more, but trees,bees and plants are my favourites,also to use in scrapbooking because in a way they are very neutral subjects,and you can make any type of page with them.

vinniepearce and cfile like this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

I've been doing the photo a day for several years. Been quite boring lately but I still do it. I do not post them anywhere. They are for me.

Back when I was doing it 10 years ago (did it for over 2 years then took a break til 2017), one of my favorite photos to take was the price of gas. I passed 2 gas stations going to work every day so at least once a week I took a photo. Now that is very interesting to look back on. I consider the photo a day a photographic slice of life that will be interesting to look back on some day.

KarenC, mcurtt, vinniepearce and 2 others like this.
  15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

What great ideas!!

16. cfile

Sounds great.. going to have to think what to take photos of.. I am retired and really don’t go out except for walks and occasional outings but should be fun to challenge myself even if It is indoor stuff!

vinniepearce likes this.
  17. HavaDrPepper

I'm retired also. I've also had some stuff going on that I haven't wanted to go out of the house. And, when it is cold, I don't go out at all... hate even walking to the mailbox. Lately I've ended up with a lot of photos of the dog on the couch with me since I've been spending a lot of time there over the last year.

Some things I have taken photos of:
    weather
    sunsets
    flowers at different times of the season
    gas prices
    groceries
    rabbits in the yard (they drive the dog nuts)
    the new house being built 2 doors from me
    a neighbor added on to their house
    a photo of the TV if something interesting is on (like when POTUS visited my town and it was live on national news)
    a photo of my computer screen when I've scrapped!

10 years ago when I did it, I always took my small pocket camera on my walks with me. I live near a river so would take a lot of pics in that area and around the neighborhood. One time I took a photo of the sign at the entrance to the sub-division. Little did I know it would be taken down within a year. Totally changed the landscape of the neighborhood and it is interesting to look back on it. I always kept that camera in my purse as well so I had it handy whenever I was out and about... no smartphone with a camera in those days.

Some photos may seem stupid when you take them, but I still take them!

18. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

Wonderful ideas ladies! It's a nice alternative to creating something chronologically, takes the pressure off from having "to catch up".

19. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

My daughter does not want to show photos of her or her children. I don't like to reveal much about myself, but an alternative is my garden. There is always something worth photographing. Or on the way on my walks I find beautiful motives. And a very nice model is my cat :giggle

20. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I was doing Project 365 (a photo a day) from 2009 to 2016, though 2016 was the only year I did “perfectly,” not missing a single day. Now my kids are teens — often on their own and sometimes not wanting to be photographed — and these recent years have been a transition. Now I document more of the things in my daily life than people.

I like comparison photos, taking pictures of the same thing to show how it has changed.

I photograph my shadow on walks. See my most recent scrapbook page.

Nature, as many have mentioned.

My food, parts of my house, flowers in the median when stuck in traffic, the way the sun shines into the box office during golden hour, flyers and mail, and lots of screenshots of things I’m reading/watching/hearing. One of my favorite scrapbook pages to make shows all the books I record on Goodreads every year.

I’ve even made scrapbook pages using screenshots of the TLP forum!

Basically, I just record a lot of what I do. But I have found myself scrapping less and putting most of this stuff in my digital journal (Day One). I’m also busier this year, having added a job to my life as a homeschooling mom, so that accounts for less scrapping too. But I don’t know which is more to blame. And I miss spending more time here at TLP.