Haunted Houses | Pad Patter 10.13

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We have a house in our neighborhood that does a really light spook house in their garage... that's about all I can handle these days. My oldest son (15 yo) went last year and did fine until he got to the room with a light that made moving spiders on the walls. He freaked out and raced through the rest. :giggle They also have a giant spider on their roof and he eyeballs that thing until it's out of sight. Ha ha! Now this year his friends want to go to a real spook house in a nearby town and I'm wondering if he can handle it?

My hubby loves to watch scary movies, but I need some convincing these days.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Also... Cheryl... I can't believe that your old church did that... with hell. I just can't believe it! We also do an event at our church called Hallow Him and it's an alternative where we make sure the focus in on Jesus and NOT on the actual Halloween stuff. Yikes! @gonewiththewind

Jan... an actual asylum for a haunted house. I don't think I could do it! @IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic and gonewiththewind like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm like Judy... Haunted House at Disney is the only one I'll go to. I actually have never been interested in going through a haunted house nor going to a maze. I also don't like scary movies or TV shows.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I won't scare you with the other things I was exposed to at that church. They don't do anything like that now. But in the early and mid '80s, it was a thing!

Karen likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't see much of these anymore in our area, thank goodness! I agree with you about the fear, and I'm so glad I'm free from that atmosphere!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love some of the old horror movies, like the original House of Wax, Rosemary's Baby...those were the best! Before someone decided that horror had to be all about slasher stuff and gore. I have see The Exorcist a few times and it's still one of the best...but not so much if you hate scary for sure!

7. IntenseMagic

I watched it a night or two after Cheryl @gonewiththewind mentioned it and she was spot on with it being super suspenseful, not really scary. I liked it!!

gonewiththewind and Ferdy like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

We have a neighbor that used to do that, but doesn't so much anymore. It was really cool. I used to go all out with the decorations outside and created some awesome scenes back in the day, not so much any more because I just don't have the time.
    Good luck to him if he goes! Peer pressure is hard lol.

Karen likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

It's so cool! The last time we went, we did the historical tour and it was still super creepy, even in the day light! They do overnights as well, which I'd love to do!!

Karen likes this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

IntenseMagic and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

I would occasionally go to a haunted house as a teenager, but I've never liked scary things and I definitely don't do them now (except Disney Haunted House). Several years back we started watching a "scary/Halloween" movie every night in Oct. for fun, but normally our schedule doesn't allow for every night. The movies are very old horror movies (hilarious now), comedies, Halloween episodes of our favorite shows, etc. I think the creepiest or scariest we've watched is "Stranger Things." Last night we watched Disney's "Blackbeard's Ghost." :lol

12. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I love everything haunted, creepy, spooky but don't like made up haunted house attractions. I don't really like walking among "normal" acting people on a daily basis let alone people running and jumping at me in the dark. I will go into a house that's said to be haunted but don't mess around too much with baiting or antagonizing spirits to speak or show themselves. I don't want any attachments. We lived in a house that was supposedly haunted and I had some experiences that make me believe spirits can show anger!

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

14. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I go to Halloweekends at Cedar Point every year. I tried to see a few live shows there a few weeks ago, but all the seats were taken 30 minutes prior to show time. :( I've been to haunted houses, and the only thing that scared me was the fear of getting a splinter in my hand from feeling around the cheap, pressboard walls in the dark. My siblings were much older and loved horror movies, so they would take me even though I was very young. I guess that I'm numb to it all now.

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Yep, that's me. Although I did watch The Night of the Living Dead in college. That may have been the last scary movie I saw.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  16. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I canNOT do scary. Hate being scared. Can't do scary movies. So haunted houses are a hard no for me.

(of course my husband LOVES to scare me. So that's fun. :eyeroll)

17. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

no haunted houses for Bart. He stays outside
    [​IMG]

18. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

Kissy kissy!!