Another question about PHotoshop CC

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Electra, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

OK, I am losing my mind here. This is the second time this has happened to me in about 10 LO's.
    I've made my LO as usual, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Changed the image size so I can post it on the Pad, by changing the pixels to 550 across and down, 200 PX resolution.
    It shows that it now is 894.3k
    (When I did this, the image did not shrink on the screen to a tiny image, like it usually does.)
    And no matter what I do, it is too big to post.

The last time this happened, I finally gave up and threw my lovely LO in the trash.
    Can someone please help me????

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Do you flatten the file first or save as JPEG and reopen ( which is what I do most times)? When I downsize for uploading to the web I make it 600 x 600 with 72 resolution. 200 sounds too much to make it no more than the maximum limit of 250k. Also sometimes it may be trying to save as a PNG instead of JPEG.

3. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

maybe my Quicktip Video will help you to solve the problem

cinderella likes this.
  4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

After you flatten your LO and change size, select File/Export/Save For Web (legacy) Make sure JPG is selected and then adjust the Quality value to get the file size under 250 K

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That's what I do now. I used to use Export As, but recently I've had an issue with file size; I've done some Google research and it seems metadata might be the issue, which I can solve via SFW (legacy) ... before adjusting your file size and quality, go to the Metadata drop down menu and select NONE. That really shrinks my file size once I adjust it to 250x250.

I've actually used SFW for my own, full-size LOs (meaning, full size LOs, not Web versions). I make sure the file is 3600x3600 and 100% quality, but I select None for Metadata. I've shaved file sizes almost in half - one went from 14MB to 6! ***Note: I don't see a difference in full-size LO quality but simply in file size when I save this way, but YMMV***

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Electra If these instructions still stymie you, the main points to remember when you resize for the web are 1. quality of the image 2. the pixel size for TLP Gallery (800x800 pixels max) and 3. final image size in KB and at TLP the max is 250kb so I always make mine 249 or less.

There are also two actions here in the store that will do the work for you from - Sahlin and Fiddle-Dee-Dee -the latter is free and can be found in FDD's section under Photoshop Tools. I use another action that I got free on the web years ago. I do know HOW to do it but I prefer a click or two to get it done. :giggle

Good Luck! (and never trash those layouts...save til you figure it out!!)

(and @Tree City is absolutely right abut getting your print size down a LOT. I too have halved or more the size of the print .jpeg)

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

A-M and cfile like this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have always used this free action by Paislee Press ... resizing for web and never have an issue
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/resize-for-web-photoshop-action.html .. When I get to the screen re size, I make sure that it is under 251pixels as Sara @Tree City notated.. Hope that works for you!

Tree City likes this.
  9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

@cfile , @bcgal00 , @cookingmylife , @Tree City , @wvsandy , @A-M , you ladies all rock! So many options and such great information, thank you all! I wish I had shoved aside my pride and come here before I threw the other LO out. lol Funny enough, just before I came to the Pad this morning and saw all of this help, I watched the video by @NBK-Design on Facebook and was so delighted by it, I came right over to try it. Love to you all!!

Karen, NBK-Design, bcgal00 and 4 others like this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We're all here to help each other :)

Karen likes this.