Any Happy Planner Peeps?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Sep 23, 2019.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I love love love my happy planner, but it's boring. In July, I switched to the dashboard layout, which works best for me....but still boring! LOL So....I'm in a kick to do some hybrid scrapping/planning with my planner. Anyone else want to join me?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

I am a Happy Planner addict too! Love it for my daily life but completely love using project inserts for my work life haha. I think some hybrid stuff would be fun!

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just got my HP box in the mail today with the new 2020 stuff. I am rather addicted at this point. My daughter has about 5 because I keep buying them for her, but here are the ones that I am using.

1) Classic Vertical Layout 18mth starting July 2019. I like this style and it was great when I was busier. I am kind of stuck with it for all of next year. If I had realized how unbusy I was going to be when this came out, I would have switched to a dashboard layout.

2) Mini Dashboard Prayer Journal - I started this one back in May and I am loving it. I just got my new one for starting in 2020 (Homebody Mini). I use the daily boxes to remind me what to pray for that day. I use the dashboard page to make other lists and for pretties. In the back, I used @jenevang's Prayer Journal Workshop supplies to create prayer lists for each weekday (i.e. Sunday is church, Monday is job/schools, etc.).

3) Right now I am using the Guided Journal Notes for Wellness and for Gratitude (bought the Gratitude online by mistake and decided to use it). I create special tracking pages for my steps, weight, water, habits, etc. I also love the daily reflection pages. However, now that I am 3 months into a 4 month journal, I decided that I don't like the repetition of the questions and using a whole page per day (2 if you count the Gratitude one too). So I just got the 2020 Be Well Classic and I am going to customize the weekly layouts to combine everything onto 2 pages per week.

4) I have the Half Classic Notes that I use for a Bible Study I am doing that prints out in Traveler's Notebook format. I just fold, trim, and punch them into my HP. I use the included paper for additional notes if needed.

5) I am using a Mini Notes for taking notes as I read through the Chronological Bible. I have the huge Expander rings on it. Next year, I am using the Classic size so it is not so thick. I plan to use the Gratitude cover I already own and buy a bunch of Classic sized paper for it.

6) I bought the household chores, Meal Planner, Project pack and have it in my current Wellness Notes. However, for next year, I am going to meal plan in my regular planner. For chores, I am making my own page with the chores I actually do (who cleans the recommended amount? not me). Not sure which planner will get those pages. And projects? Probably not happening or at least not very often. Oh, there was budget pages too but I use Quicken instead.

And stickers? I have lots, but I also print my favorite things from my TLP kits. My decorating is very eclectic and is not planned or artsy, but I like it.

So I have lots of extra pages from various planners. I am hoping to re-purpose some of those. Would love to see ideas. If anything strikes your fancy from what I said, I can post a photo.

Oh and I have one more - a Big sized one to hold the handouts and planning notes for our trip Down Under next summer. I made cute dividers for it using TLP kits.

4. BevG

@gonewiththewind - cause she just posted today on FB about her HP addiction...

5. FarrahJobling

I’d love to see some of your LOs
    d love to

6. BevG

Photo 1 & 2) From my prayer planner. I started tracking my weight here before I started using the Wellness Notes.
    Photo 3) My regular planner for last week - I went to Scrap Camp this past weekend. Mix of HP stickers and TLP.
    Photo 4) My weekly goal page for the Wellness Notes. Mix of HP stickers and stuff I made in PSE.
    Photo 5) My weekly summary pages for the Gratitude Notes. Mix of Faith stickers and TLP. Left page is pre-printed and I added the girl sticker.

Attached Files:

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love my Happy Planners!! I just switched to the dashboard layout in July because it is a good fit for me as well, but I'm also feeling like it's boring lately! I was doing some great decorating with Jaimee's stuff, but I've really slacked off lately!! I'm in for giving it a kickstart!
    I also have the teacher planner at work, but don't tend to decorate it much. Maybe I should!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Love these pages!!!

BevG likes this.
  9. FarrahJobling

Awesome @BevG thanks so much for sharing

BevG likes this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

LOL, ya'll are fascinating. I don't even know what a Happy Planner is!! I have one planner I bought 2 years ago- no fixed dates so I still have it. But I can't wrap my head around being that tied to a calendar and a book??? I think the one I have is beautiful, but I just don't use it. I keep plans on my phone...Curious about this, yet dealing with enough right now that starting something new probably not the wisest move. :eyeroll Maybe for the new year? Gonna check out the videos about this on Youtube.:bk

FarrahJobling likes this.
  11. BevG

@AJK I keep my calendar online but I like a printed copy to scribble on. I used to just print the online one but then I saw the Happy Planner and stickers. Did I mention stickers?? I update and sticker my weekly spread on Sunday evenings. Love me some stickers.

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@FarrahJobling @Becca Bonneville @BevG @IntenseMagic

I'd love to do more hybrid stuff. My poor Silhouette Portrait is not working really great since the Windows 10 update, so I'm saving my dollars for the Silhouette Cameo 3 so I can easily print and cut - I've heard it's much better! Do y'all print and cut or do you just print and fussy cut by hand?

Yes, I'm addicted to the HP planners now . . . I blame Olivia. LOL We have gathered quite an extensive collection of stickers. I have 23 regular books and then the new release big sticker book in Brights.

I still use Google calendar extensively because I need all the reminders . . . but having the paper planner in front of my face really helps as well.

And stickers, oh my yes. The stickers. :)

I just got a craft cart with some birthday money, and loaded it up (for now), with all my planner stuff (except my stamp platform, trimmer, and some other tools). Holly Belle was curious about it, so I took out my stamps and let her have a rest. LOL I'm still considering doing Inktober again (an ink drawing/doodle/something every day for October), but I'm also doing a daily layout challenge so we'll see. If I do Inktober, I'll load this cart up with my papers for drawing, my inks, brushes, etc., so I can easily move it to the dining room if I want to or just access my supplies quickly.

2019-09-22-(3)-1.jpg

Here's a look at my September planner, from the monthly overview to the weekly spreads.
    2019-09-24-(1)-1.jpg 2019-09-24-(2)-2.jpg 2019-09-24-(4)-3.jpg 2019-09-24-(6)-4.jpg 2019-09-24-(8)-5.jpg

jenn mccabe and FarrahJobling like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

I print and cut. I do not have the patience for fussy cutting unless absolutely necessary :giggle. I have the first Cameo and it's starting to show it's age. I would love to have the new Cameo 4 that just launched for pre-orders. Maybe I can hint around for Christmas :).

I love, love, love your pages!!

14. gonewiththewind

Thank you! You know me, I'm from the school of put it ALL on the page. LOL

Yeah, the Portrait won't connect right and Olivia did me the favor of troubleshooting past what I had already done AND got in contact with Silhouette, which basically said I have an out-of-date model that isn't compatible with Win10. Boooo! But yay for getting a new cutting machine! I hope between birthday and Christmas money, I'll be able to get one. I don't like to fussy cut either.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. FarrahJobling

So here are my 2 recent attempts. They are only "hybrid" in the sense that I printed them on paper. I designed them like any usual digital LO. I didn't cut anything out or print anything separately. Anyways...gotta start somewhere =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. gonewiththewind

Oh my goodness, Farrah! I love them! You've inspired me to make some of my own!

FarrahJobling likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm loving all of your planner pages here girls! I love that those disk things allow you to make your whole page digitally if you want to and just print and use the punch to stick them in wherever in your planner. That was a brilliant design by Happy Planner. :agree

I don't have a planner, but I love the Happy Planner sticker books. I have probably 5 or 6 of them that I use for my daily journal. I went to Michaels the other day because I had my eye on 2 new sticker books in the planner section and I had a 60% off coupon. I went to the planner aisle and this is what I saw:

IMG_7033.JPG

I freaked out! I looked all over the store and couldn't find where they moved the planner stuff to and I couldn't find a single worker on the floor to ask about it. I thought they were getting rid of their planner stuff. Yikes! I finally went up to the checkout out girl and asked her and she said that they were getting a whole bunch of new planner stuff and took everything to the back to figure out how to fit it all in. Phew! I knew you guys would understand my temporary disappointment. :giggle

18. FarrahJobling

@gonewiththewind I can't wait to see what you come up with! I bet some templates would be useful ;)

@Karen - My Michaels always looks like that! LOL....they never have planner stuff. The best selection is usually Hobby Lobby here...sometimes JoAnns. Based on the FB groups I'm in, it seems like there's a rush on new items so it might be awhile until the stores area actually stocked. Poo

Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  19. BevG

@Karen ---- I feel you!!! I went there on Thursday because I knew new stuff was coming (having already ordered a bunch directly from HP). They were doing the set and had about 5 or 6 unopened boxes. So I went back Friday afternoon, expecting it to all be out --- nope. I talked to the girl and she told me to come back on Saturday as she was doing the rest of the set then. I did buy more...

I also scored some older sticker pads and the very accessory pad I was looking for on the Clearance aisle at Jo-Ann. So I am set for now. I was looking for the Habit Trackers (bunch in the Multi-accessory kit by that name, the Productivity sticker pack, and the very old Fitness sticker pack). So I am set for the new year. I also got the Household stickers (new?) because who doesn't need to clean more?

Karen likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I completely meant to go back to Michaels this weekend and see if they had the planner aisle put back together yet, but I was super busy and never made it there. I was there maybe a week before that picture and the whole aisle was full of awesome stuff and a lot of new sticker books that I'd never seen before, that's why I was so shocked it was all gone! It could be bad for my pocketbook if they get even more stuff! Lol. I don't NEED anything... but I'm still a kid at heart and just can't resist new stickers. :giggle