Scrapping the QR code instructions

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by klee73010, Sep 4, 2017.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I am cross posting this question in various places.... kind of in a time crunch!

have you ever made any sort of layout that explains how QR codes work? Need some inspiration on how to scrap the instructions.... I will be giving my album to some family members that may not know how/what to do with them....

GwenCreative likes this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

in a nutshell
    I upload a small video to youtube or whereever you get a link
    then I use qr generator
    https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/
    you then save the image that is generated (as a png) and plop it on your page.
    your phone needs a QR reader and voila
    instant link to the video

klee73010 likes this.
  3. klee73010

@AnneofAlamo thanks! But I do already
    know how the qr codes work... was just wondering if anyone has scrapped the instructions for someone else. I am giving an album to my grandma, who is technologically challenged. :giggle she would ask me to write down the instructions for her anyway, so i thought if i put them in her album.... or something i can put inside every album going forward...

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've never scrapped the instructions but what a great idea that is!! I could see where my mom would need something like that with every album to remind her what to do! I'm pretty sure I need to do that now lol

klee73010 likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

[​IMG]
    please don't tell my kids I didn't read the whole question! bhahha

AJK, Sokee, GwenCreative and 2 others like this.
  6. klee73010

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol Anne! That is a great idea to scrap the how-to-use the QR codes. I haven't done that before... but maybe I should. Someday people might wonder what on earth those things are!

klee73010 likes this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

wvsandy and bestcee like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hmmm...You could inception it?
    Make a video showing how to use the QR code. Turn it into a QR code.
    Then, in the front of the book add instructions:

Throughout this book you will see this symbol: {insert QR code above}. Take your phone, open up an app that reads QR codes, and scan the code. You will be directed to a moving memory moment. Feel free to practice with this one!

AJK likes this.
  10. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

I never thought of including QR code, in my project life. Result, it gives me strong desire and I think the explanation of @bestcee is great.

AJK and bestcee like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well I just read that IOS 11 will let the iPhone camera read the QR code and auto open the url. Maybe just get Grandma to update her iPhone OS. Or teach her to download and use a QR reader. If she's 'tech challenged' it might be best to see it and yes, then have the steps written out. You'll know what level she's ready for.

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Warning.... they are addicting!! Once you get started, it's hard to stop! I find myself taking little videos of all kinds of things I would like to remember to add to my project life pages.

13. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

I hesitate to make a video project with 1 to 3 seconds per day, to add to the project life every week. So, I could do it in QRcode

Tree City and klee73010 like this.
  14. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I've never scrapped the instructions, but I do add some text that says "scan the QR Code with your smart phone to see the video."

klee73010 likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

So very interesting!!

16. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

If you sketch/doodle, you could make a cartoon strip (ala Paula Kesselring's set ) to both document and explain while fitting in your current scrapbook theme. Or perhaps do a photo shoot of steps and treat the photos with one of the pencil/cartoon/etc treatments.
    Maybe?

klee73010 likes this.
  17. klee73010

I am so sorry I never came back to explain. I made a note in the front page of the book.

I do think I will make a 4x6 photo/journal card with the "inception" idea Courtney mentioned above... eventually... then I can just print a few of those 4x6s, and washi tape them into my scrapbooks going forward.

All for naught... my grandmother's phone does not read QR codes.... the phone she *did* have, that would have read them, was stolen, and she has gone back to the "dumb phones" that won't go to the internet. I have to probably just provide her with links via email, instead, or else burn all the videos to a CD/DVD disc for her. The rest of my family, however, should have no problem with the QR codes going forward, since I will have the instructions iin the books!

bestcee, GwenCreative and Mylinn like this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

So, I can add a short movie that I made on my phone to a scrapbook page? I just bought Liz's QR Codes and now I'm not sure what to do with them.

19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

For it to work, you would need to upload your video to YouTube or wherever you share your videos online. Once you've uploaded, you copy the link to the video and past the link into a QR code generator.

https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/

The generator site will give you a QR image and you'll save that as a PNG. You'll then put that PNG on your page.

In order to use the QR code, you'll need a QR reader application on your phone or other device to be able to scan the code and go directly to the link online.

Hope that helps!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It helps tons, Cheryl!! Thank you SO much!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

gonewiththewind likes this.