Local Food | Pad Patter 8.31

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Aug 31, 2019.

1. ellasspace

ellasspace But I still wear the red nose for fun

All I can come up with here in Indiana is pork tenderloin sandwiches. They tend to be outrageous often 3 times the size of the bun they are served on lol. I smother mine in mustard and pickle ... yum!

bestcee likes this.
  2. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

So Courtney are you coming to Kentucky -- you have to do the Bourbon Trail but not with the little one since it is liquor. I actually live in Kentucky so let me know if you are coming to Kentucky.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

gonewiththewind and BevG like this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not really coming to Kentucky... We are driving through it from Indiana to Virginia. We'll probably stop for lunch in Kentucky. I'd ask for recommendations, but it's a lot of area to cover! I looked up the Bourbon Trail out of curiosity. We are following along most of that, but since we don't drink, I doubt it's worth stopping?

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Okay girls - I made them yesterday! I used about 2 cups of pimento cheese since I bought the large tubs from Costco. Of that, about 1/3 was Jalapeno pimento cheese. My Jalapeno lovers loved it, but us purist think we should leave the Jalapeno flavor out next time. Overall, a nice soft sausage ball. I used the regular Jimmie Dean sausage. It mixed up much easier than the traditional recipe.

Tree City likes this.