Monthly Muse August'19 Week1***CLOSED

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by MrsPeel, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

disclaimer n0 1: please apologies for the typos or grammatical horrors- I am not 100% well, I checked 4 times but things happen that my brain doesn't register !)

Hellooooooo my lovely people!!!!!!!
    Hope you are all well, I have been trying to post this from Friday, but my health is in a not so good state, so, please bear with me.
    I think you will LOVE these next few weeks, can't wait to see how your creativity inspires all of us to create more!!!!
    As many of you know, I have been away from the computer for long periods of time, during that time, I have had presents in my letter box, letters, cards, (all in slow mail) and digital emails, Facebook messages and Instagram from all of you, some Pollys & the community....I am so, so very grateful to have people like you in my life and my constant prayer is in thankfulness, but, to go a little bit further in my gratitude, this month Muse will have a usual $5 OFF coupon for one winner, I will pick one winner, the most creative page will receive a $10 Gift Certificate for the store. I really really hope you will join us!!!!!

I know you maybe starting to get tired with my verbiage here (Portuguese "verborragia" doesn't sound as fun in English LOL) :giggle -my dad called me "motormouth" since I was 8 :rofl - so lets try to get to the actual Muse as briefly as I can, being ME :imok :giggle

When I couldn't use the computers to scrap, I went back to my hand written diaries. Then I remember I had bought in 2015 (by a thread on someone here mentioning it but I didn't find much inspiration at the time) something called Wreck Your Journal and another book called Anti Journal- by David Sinden & Nikalas Catlow.
    This is how they describe it:
    "-Anti Journal is a route to creative discovery, a way of seeing things differently, it's journling outside the box."
    It seemed the perfect fit for me.....

All the time when I was tryimg to make the pages, my thoughts were ...
    -how easy if I could print this or that kit, they all have the elements or papers I would need!-
    in the end I realized I still can draw things other zentangles, but the drawing doesn't matter here. Let me show you how the Anti Journal works.
    ..................................................................................................................
    Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT OUR MUSE FOR THIS WEEK- JUST EXAMPLES- for you to ger the concept of what we'll do in the next few weeks......
    There is one page that says "GO MAD WITH A STICK"
    I found many people who are amazing, but one of my number ones is this girl who goes as psykotikart- This is what she made
    Screenshot 2019-08-05 at 13.54.57.png

I even started collecting some matches, toothpicks and other "stick like stuff"... until the whole thing of Anti Journal revelation (to my mushed brain, I am sure you get it the minute you started reading :giggle ) and I made this:
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d88_72.jpg

Some people created with different objects to make them into "sticks"..
    ..................................................................................................................
    THIS IS OUR PROMPT FOR WEEK 1 (NO STICK LOL)
    Here is what I thought for Week 1: something relatively easy and fun.... I fell in love with the BYOC and made a page almost entirely of it.
    My original page is drawn, I worked on digital and found some things like perspective worked well better in a different ways to paper & ink, and ended up with something I (rare thing!!!) love pretty much!!!!

As usual with the Muse, this is to inspire you. You don't need to do exactly what I made, you can choose to grab hexagons instead of circles, squares spread in different parts of the page, but each of your geometrical bits needs to be different or as different as possible to the other.
    You can then add as much or at little as you like, providing that we can still tell you got the inspiration to the Anti Journal original idea....

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ART JOURNALER but would love to join us:
    you can use inspirations here to use with photo as it is or blended, you can simplify here and there...thousands of possibilities!!!! (wont give away my ideas, wouldn't be fair) or text, or whatever you like that is inspired by this: Remember that geometrical shape, whichever you choose, must be different of as much different to most of your others!!!!!
    Here are my pages: the digital with awesome BYOC products, and the drawn by me, on the AntiJournal
    digi (credits in full in my gallery)
    [​IMG]

and this is my drawn one (one of the first I did)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_eb1_smaller.jpg

Recapitulating: You should be inspired in these last two pages, preferable the digital, preferably your page should have the geometrical shapes (any you choose) and they should be as different as each other as o=possible. Add as much as you like or use as little as you like, photo, no photo,all goes.... only thing we ask you is that something in these last two pages posted above is visible as inspiring your creativity!

One lucky winner, as usual, will get a $5 coupon
    This month, as a gesture for all of you who have kept my mind and heart going through difficult times, we will also choose the most creative page who will win a US$10 Gift Certificate
    so...c'mon!!! join us and get on scrapping, creating!!!!!! so much talent here, I know it will be a difficult task to choose one!!!!!!!!!
    I have missed you, ladies, so so much!!!!!!

EDIT TO ADD : I just found this awesome product by @justjaimee that will do amazing even if you don't use the whole thing!!!
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-2019-BYOC-August-Collage-Frame-Cut-Files.html

Can't wait what you come up with!!!!! <3

ALSO PLEASE read the first few answer, Linda brought up a valid question that made me realize I am not as clear as I would like to be, Amanda also got it well in her answer, so.... come join us!!!!!! and let me know if you would like to talk more, we can have a CHAT tomorrow or Tuesday to talk more,
    You can ask me here, in pm or whatever.... I want you to enjoy this as much bas I do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

@MrsPeel
    Do I understand right...we use the same shape over and over but each one of them should be different...like a different something inside of each circle or square. Right? Thanks for the clarification.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. redplaid3

So, @MrsPeel just to clarify...we take a shape like a circle and put a bunch of them on the page but each has to be unique from the others, right? I'm not sure I understand about the anti journaling part. Sorry....

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

HOORAY!!!! Welcoming this challenge!
    PrideGiraffe.gif
    Linda, @redplaid3 ; I think she is saying "Choose a shape and go mad with it... varying each repetition of that one shape so that each are different" . Anti-journaling can simply mean using images instead of words. And that you DON'T have to tell a story or even make sense! We will see if @MrsPeel confirms my interpretation...:D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    mcurtt, redplaid3 and MrsPeel like this.
  5. redplaid3

thanks, so much!!!

MrsPeel and AJK like this.
  6. MrsPeel

SOOOOOOOOhappy to see you both here!!!!
    @redplaid3 Linda huggzzz I modified first post, I may need to take away completely the stick page? maybe that is confusing?
    @AJK Amanda HUGGzzzz!!!! yes, you are right in most.... apart from the anti journal and words.... the cook has a few prompts that are to do with sentences, writing, and some stuff I actually used words instead of images..... is more like a different way to interpret things or when you run out of ideas it gives you a jump start to create something, and most of the time is so much fun!!!!!

everyone let me know if still isnt clear, I have been in very high class medication and my brain isn't quiet "there" (or "here" LOL)
    LOVE YOU!!!!!!

7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Another product that might help a great deal (and that I have used often before) is Kim Jensen's Geo Cut Page Mats

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and NancyP like this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I hope I interpreted it okay...

[​IMG]

9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

O.K....So Glad To See You Back Mrs.Peel...I Too Have Been Challenged By My Many Health Issues these Last Many Months...& I Know Scrapping Isn't Posssible At Times When We Don't Feel Well...I Know Because When I Can't Scrap I Just Feel All Sorts Of WRONG!!! All Over & Inside Too!...I Hope Your Health Will Get Better Soon...My Heart & Hugs Goes Out To You!...:heartslub

I Somehow Manage To Always Participate In The Art Journaling Challenges Every Month...Even When I'm Close To The Deadline...These Challenges Inspire Me In Ways I Don't Think About & Have Taught Me New Perspectives On How To Create Layouts...I LOVE This!...I'm Constantly Challenging Myself To Be More Creative...So I Always Look Forward To These Challenges...

I'm Definitely In...I'm ALWAYS In!...I'll Ponder On This Challenge...& Get Back With A Page Soon Hopefully...

Sunshine & Smiles & Positivity To You Mrs.Peel!...Glad To See You Here Hosting This Challenge!...:woot

MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
  10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    A-M, NBK-Design, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thanks Cynthia for this challenge!
    My inspiration
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I wandered pretty far away from the prompt. I was thinking all different but the same, trees, forest, can't see the forest for the trees. Focus. So here's where I ended up!

Thank you for the great Monthly Muse!
    [​IMG]

tam65, MrsPeel and RJMJ like this.
  14. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I created an ATC for this challenge. Hope it is what you had in mind.[​IMG]

MrsPeel and Rikki like this.
  15. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

My sister guided me to this site. It is a series of videos showing someone USING an "Anti-Journal." It helped me see what this month's muse is all about. If interested, go to You Tube and search Anti Journal and click on this post: Anti Journal Flip Through |1| MyGreenCow. I think there are actually 6 short videos showing her "antijournaling" pages.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    MrsPeel and wvsandy like this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Rikki, too funny that is the one product I immediately thought about!

MrsPeel and Rikki like this.
  17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I hope that this is OK. It was fun!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I'm not sure if I followed the rules, @MrsPeel! Your page reminded me of a fish, and inspired me to choose a fish scale as a shape. It's not what I'd called a geometrical shape, though. :hummm Anyway, I'm willing to make another page, also because I have mixed feelings about this one (not sure if I love it or hate it!).
    [​IMG]
    the text in the scales reads: Take time to do what makes your soul happy, Fall in love with yourself, Believe it's possible, You are worth more than you will ever know, Always do your best.

Smwhite, NBK-Design, AJK and 2 others like this.
  19. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW!!! I repeat----WOW WOW WOW!!! Not only is the challenge awesome, but you gals are AWESOME with the ideas you are coming up with!!! :yourock

wvsandy and MrsPeel like this.
  20. MrsPeel

Aren't you SHINNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies I disappeared these past couple of days, lomg story, I may make a thread or a LO to tell you about it, involves (of course, me being me) rushing to A&E (ER) panicking thinking I lost data AGAIN, and a trip to The Harry Potter Tour at Warner Bros studios which is almost outside London, we have no car at the moment and I am agoraphobic apart of the physical conditions..... but I'm ok and in a good mood, even if the body is a bit of a wreck.... LOL my heart is all with you!!!!! OK, only glanced at the posts, of to read you individually, just wanted to let you know you aren't getting rid of me again LOL