10 Days of Challenges | General Information *Read first*

Discussion in '2019 Archive' started by norton94, Jul 18, 2019.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Christmas-in-July-2019TLP.png

Welcome to our Christmas in July event!!

The Lilypad will be offering a little 10 day scrap challenge as part of the sale - "10 Days of Challenges" or 10DOC. For those of you who complete MOC (Month of Challenges, which is in January each year) this is a little tiny version of daily challenges for you! For those who have not, I hope this provides a glimpse at the rigor and reward. Creativity can be boosted and skills grown by participating in such a challenge.

Since it's a Christmas in July event, all of the challenges are intended to help prepare an album for yourself whether that is for Christmas, Winter, Seasonal, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or something personal! We have a 35% off sale going on for our Christmas, Document your December and Winter products, so now is a great time to restock if you need supplies. In addition to the daily challenges we also have another scrap challenge to catch up on years past, so be sure to check that out too.

If you are participating in the 10DOC, here are the details you need to know.

1. Your pages must conform to the guidelines of each challenge in order to qualify as completed. Please read the challenges carefully and make sure your page follows the guidelines of the challenge. That being said, there is full latitude about the topic, meaning you can substitute winter (or other) if you don't celebrate Christmas. If you have any questions, post in that thread or message me or the host.
    2. Your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store). Please check the store to make sure your product is still for sale before using it.
    3. Your pages must be newly created specifically for 10DOC. You must have a different page for each challenge; you cannot use the same page for more than one challenge.
    4. Each day, a new challenge will be posted in the Christmas in July forum. Challenges will be posted typically between midnight and 8:30 a.m. eastern time, depending on the location of the host and their real life commitments. Please be patient - the challenges will be posted daily. Our Pollys are all over the world, so please be patient!
    5. For the journaling challenges - if your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or the challenge host directly to discuss.
    6. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories. Please read the guidelines carefully for word count requirements. All of the journaling challenges will require complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count, and you cannot use the same word over and over . Again, if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or your challenge host directly to discuss.
    7. After you complete your first layout, please create a new thread in the 10DOC 2019 | Layouts forum and post your first layout. The title of your thread should be “(your username)’s Layouts” (for example – norton94's Layouts). Please use your username and not your given name (this helps with tallying at the end).
    8. The first post in your thread should be your first layout. Each additional layout should be a new post in your thread. If you complete all 10 layouts, you should have 10 posts in your thread. Please do NOT create 10 posts ahead of time and edit them as you add the layouts. Post as you finish each new layout. You do not have to post your pages in order; if you do not complete each page on it's day, you can post your pages in whatever order you complete them. If you want to have your layouts in order, you can hold onto your layouts until you're able to post them in order. But PLEASE do not create "placeholder" posts in your thread to fill later.
    9. Please label your page posts with the date and name of the challenge (Day 1: Bucket List). This will make the tallies at the end go much smoother and faster!
    10. If we have questions or comments about your page, we will contact you via conversation. Please make sure your notifications have been turned on. Your messaging settings can be found and edited under the General Settings of your User CP. Our messages are not meant to offend or upset anyone; we simply want to make sure that everyone is following the rules of the event.
    11. You will have until 11:59 pm EDT, , July 28, to complete all your layouts. Everyone who completes all 10 layouts will be entered in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate.
    12. Additional prizes: Everyone who completes all 10 challenges will receive a $3 gift certificate to the TLP store.
    13. If you have any questions you can post them in the Q&A thread HERE, or in the individual challenge thread, or you can message me or the challenge host.
    Have fun!!

------------Edit to add
    deadline extended until Tuesday 7/30 at noon EDT

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Read and understood. This is so fun! Can't wait to play!

norton94 likes this.
  3. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I will play ...

norton94 likes this.
  4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Fun, fun, fun!!!!

norton94 and marijke like this.
  5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Susan- you found the challenges :agree

Attached Files:

norton94 likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is great! :clapWith the high heat we have had for two weeks, I'm feeling cooped up!

norton94 likes this.
  7. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Wish we could have till the 31st to finish. Sigh....thanks for the great challenges.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This has been a fun diversion. Waiting for hubster's new employment contract...this has helped pass that time! :D Thanks to EVERYONE who had a part in it!

norton94 likes this.
  9. norton94

Well I'm feeling generous because my allergies are killing me slowly and I know things come up - how about we give everyone until Monday at 11:59pm EDT. A bonus day...

10. norton94

With the lateness of day 10 - I'm yet again extending the deadline for pages. Tuesday 7/30 at noon EDT is the new deadline.