10 Days of Challenges | Day 3: Using Multiple Photos

Discussion in '2019 Archive' started by wombat146, Jul 21, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi everyone, and welcome to Day 3 of our Christmas in July event.

Every day until July 28 we will post a new challenge. If you complete all 10 challenges you will get a $3 gift certificate and be entered to a random drawing for an additional $10 gift certificate to The Lilypad. See the 10DOC general guidelines before you start.

Today's challenge is about using multiple photos on a page, seven(7) photos in fact! :) Now you could add the photos in a grid style but of course I am going to add a twist! I want you to use one LARGE BLENDED photo, and six smaller photos in frames (or without).

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish and use any size page as well.

Here is my layout, about my favourite Christmas ornaments. I don't have good photos of my ornaments and so just went with using two photos only, cutting out smaller segments. They were taken with a point and shoot camera ages ago, a couple of years apart, so I used a vintage style matte action on them to desaturate the colours a bit and to make the overall colour tones similar. Note to self! Take more photos of them this Christmas with a decent camera!

[​IMG]
    Credits: Be Merry Be Bright Collection by NBK Design | Stunning Stitches 3, Stunning Stitches 4 by Pink Reptile Designs | Font used is Circ Handwriting

Summary of Challenges rules:
    - Read the the 10DOC general guidelines first and remember that you do not need to follow a Christmas theme.
    - Create a new layout using seven (7) photos in total. ONE (1) photo should be large and blended into the background (and should cover at least 50% of the page), the remaining SIX (6) photos can then be added, with or without frames, but not blended!
    - You may use a template for this challenge if you wish to.

Reminder: Your page must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery, your tracking thread, and to this thread.

Everyone who completes all 10 of our challenges will get a $3 coupon. And one random "10 challenge finisher" will get a $10 coupon. Challenges close Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 11:59 pm EDT.

umyesh likes this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Gotcha! Good challenge!

wombat146 likes this.
  3. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Finding 7 good Christmas photos will be a challenge!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. wombat146

I knowwhat you mean! :) That's why I went with cropping parts out of just two photos. :) Also, don't forget, you don't have to do Christmas, you can do something with winter photos instead perhaps? :)

5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

:circlesI was able to "double-dip" on this one. I'm trying to scrap some older pics on a Disney trip back in December 1996 (Tracie's catch-up challenge), started last year for Jenn's Christmas in July TN challenges. I didn't take that many photos of the trip, dealing with film back then, and lots of them that I did take aren't the best. But it was perfect for this page, although it really was a challenge to fit that many pics on an 8x4" page. I did it!!!

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Here's my page already in my Traveler's Notebook. I'm having so much fun with these challenges.

[​IMG]

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Now I'm so looking forward to bringing out my Santas - is July too early??
    [​IMG]

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Sometimes the best holiday times are the simplest of times!
    [​IMG]

10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Here's mine! Great challenge!
    [​IMG]

12. wombat146

wow! loving these pages!!! :fairydance:beat:happydance2

umyesh likes this.
  13. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

14. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

This is the front and back ,of what is hopefully going to turn into a planner / notebook . Hope I can manage to make the challenges fit. The large photo is blended into the background, but I added a small frame made with the same photo in front.
    [​IMG]

15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I went with ornaments too. Thank you for the challenge and the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

16. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I finally decided to go with ornaments. The ones featured are all older ones from the days when I had only non-breakable ornaments on our tree when the girls were little. They have been passed on to our daughters Jill & Lisa to enjoy on their trees.
    [​IMG]

17. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Thanks for the challenge:
    [​IMG]

18. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Here's mine. I have a really tough time doing large blended backgrounds with a lot of pictures!

[​IMG]

19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I created another page. This one showcases my thimble collector mug as well as six sewing-thimble related Christmas ornaments. It amazes me that I can cram on that many photos onto a 4"x8" layout. LOL.

[​IMG]

20. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?