10 Days of Challenges | Q & A

Discussion in '2019 Archive' started by norton94, Jul 18, 2019.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

If you have any questions about 10DOC please post them here :)

If you question is specific to a particular challenge day, please consider asking the host of that day.

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do the pages have to be Christmas/winter holiday themed? Or are we completely free to pick our own topics?

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Is there a specific gallery you want these posted to?

4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I posted in general gallery is that OK? I can't find the tracking thread, could you tell me where to find it?

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Oops, just found the tracking thread - need to clean my glasses!

6. norton94

While they don't have to be Christmas, I'm not sure they will make sense if you don't stick with holiday or winter... but you can be creative so long as you fulfill the challenge (journaling on topic etc). The goal is to match the spirit of the challenge, and latitude can be given, but if every page is a stretch this might not be the event in which you'll want to participate and be happy with your pages in the end. Hope that helps!

The member gallery is fine. Just be sure to also track your pages as per the rules.

Yes the regular gallery here at TLP is fine - any area. Be sure to track also :)

mcurtt likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Day 1 (bucket list) definitely can be done for absolutely any topic. Day 3 just requires us to use 7 photos, so that also can be absolutely any topic. But on Day 2, the directions could be interpreted as requiring the topic to be about Christmas since she includes that word in the list, but since you say above that isn't true, it seems like we could journal about all 5 senses in any story.

Is there going to be a day when the challenge does require something winter/holiday/Christmas?

I guess I should just do them and see what happens. I'll still have the pages I made, even if I have to drop out of the event. I'm just trying to clarify whether I'd be doing something "wrong" to scrap about whatever I want even though it has nothing to do with winter/holiday/Christmas. I want to scrap about my current life.

AJK likes this.
  8. norton94

Michele it just depends how much you are willing to think outside the box. There is no requirement for any of these to be Christmas, so have at it. Day 2 was one I was worried about, so if you want to apply the senses to another topic, you should be good. Obviously these lend themselves more to a holiday or season, but if you want to stretch that we are ok with it. While you may not end up with a cohesive piece of work (theme) in order to apply the rules, it is your will and you may be happier with the results. Key=have fun! Also if you have to add something to fit the rules, you can always remove it for your personal page that you print... I know I've done that before :)

9. norton94

I'm feeling generous because my allergies are killing me slowly and I know things come up - how about we give everyone until Monday at 11:59pm EDT. A bonus day...