Help! White is Yellow in Photoshop!

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by HeatherB, Jun 21, 2019.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I've had this problem before but I can't remember how to fix it.

In Photoshop (and in only Photoshop!), my whites for background and for foreground colour are showing yellow. However, everything else in Photoshop that is white is showing white. So this is just for my TIF files and for the foreground/background colour indication.
    yellow1.png

yellow2.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My Color Settings have RGB set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and the TIF file is set to RGB Color Mode.

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Sorry, I cannot help with this problem you are having but I thought I would share that with my Photoshop CS6 I have given up using TIFs as when I have they go a little crazy... layers freeze and I cannot move them or delete them.

3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I did a quick Google and it looks like it could either be a monitor driver or something to do with the proof colors (Ctrl+Y toggles that view option on and off). Hope that gives you a starting point. :)

KellyM likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@HeatherB Heather, I too tried to google and I do not use Tiffs very often either. Have you tried an earlier Tiff that didn't have the problem or another one? It may just be that particular one. That is a baffling conundrum. Also make sure your Tiff is RBG and 8 bit checked on the mode. Sometimes I have issues when I bring in something from LR at 16 bit and I change it to 8 bit and that seems to fix the color issues.

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

This happened to one of my monitors the other day with my windows viewer. The only fix was to recalibrate my monitor- even tho it only happened with one program.

HeatherB likes this.
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I ended up recalibrating my monitor too and it fixed the problem! Weird since it was only Photoshop and only the actual image files and not even the Photoshop menus, etc.

But yay! It is working again! :) Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

KimJ and amien1 like this.
  7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I know right? mine was JUST the windows previewer and only on one monitor- who knows!? I'm glad it worked for you!

HeatherB likes this.