Anyone else excited about the new X-Men, Dark Phoenix? or not (lol)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jun 2, 2019.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

We have seen all the X-men and all the spinoffs. I am looking forward to Dark Phoenix. Although not entirely sure when I will see it, since I work all weekend it releases. Any one else planning on seeing it? Do you have a favorite character? Or a favorite movie from the franchise? My favorites happen to be Wolverine (although his story is so sad) and Quicksilver (who always makes me smile/laugh). My favorite movies are the first one and X-men First Class.

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We’ve seen Wolverine and Logan but need to see the rest. We want to do a wkend binge sometime.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh. You will not suck me into this universe! :giggle We are currently (my two boys, 13 and 15 and my hubby) watching all the Avengers movies together. I had only seen the first 2 Iron Man movies and maybe 3 of the others. There are about 25 total it seems, so we are watching them chronologically together. It's been fun and thankfully a friend of ours has quite a few of them that we can borrow. We just finished Thor: The Dark World last night, so we have a ways to go.

I would like to see the new X-men because of the 2 characters from GoT in it, but I'll wait until its out on DVD probably. I'm not sure if I've seen any of the X-men movies, except some of them crossed over into Dead Pool... which was SO inappropriate and SO funny! :giggle I had no idea what I was getting into when I watched those 2 with my sister and her hubby over Christmas break.

4. weaselwatchr

We are currently watching all of them again before the release this week.

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Fun!!! I can't wait for us to watch them all. I always watch way more movies in the summer than winter. I've got a big to-watch list. It keeps me busy right up until the fall when all the new movies and shows come out and then it starts up all over again LOL....it never ends. I'll never catch up.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I have no idea what any of you are even talking about! I have a hunch it is sci-fi or fantasy or comics? Hate all of that. Give me Casablanca or Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett version) or Doc Martin.

bestcee likes this.
  7. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I'll go and see it with my son, but honestly I'm looking forward to the new Spiderman movie much more!

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did that! I had to fit it in around school, but I wanted to have them all watched before Endgame. It was a lot of fun and I loved the little bits I didn't connect until I watched them close together.

Also, I am that friend... Lol! I own all but Iron Man 3.

weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  9. weaselwatchr

We own all of the avengers except one of the iron men. We also have all of the Xmen movies too. We are movie-a-holics and all our movies are on a hard drive that we have hooked up to our televison. When we are in the modd to watch something we have lots of choices. I think we have about 1000 movies.

bestcee and Karen like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Man! I wish I lived closer to one of you to fill in the gaps of the movies my friend doesn't have! :giggle @bestcee @weaselwatchr

So... since you've both watched all the Avengers movies... have you also watched all the shows that are related too? I couldn't believe how many of them there are! We are skipping over those... I don't have that kind of time on my hands right now!

bestcee likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I think I've seen all of the x men movies and I liked them, but I'm not as up on the stories and characters in x men as I am on the Marvel movies. We have all, except The Hulk. Wolverine is my favorite character. I'll go to Dark Phoenix if hubby wants too, otherwise we'll wait until it's released on bluray/digital. My youngest loves spiderman, so I'm sure she'll want us to go to that.

Karen likes this.
  12. weaselwatchr

We did watch the first two or three seasons of Agent of Shield, but then we just stopped. Not sure why, lol

Karen likes this.
  13. weaselwatchr

We don't have the hulk either. That must be one of the other ones we are missing.

Karen likes this.
  14. bestcee

I watched Agent Carter, and about 3 seasons or 4? of Shield. That's it for the tv ones.

Karen likes this.
  15. weaselwatchr

I forgot about Agent Carter! We really like that one. It seems like ages ago

Karen and bestcee like this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

YES!!!! What's the right order to see the entire list of movies? Do you know!?

17. bestcee

X-Men? I don't know that there is a clear order. Or I should say there is a ton of debate on the timeline and beat way to watch them. There's the first group with Patrick Stewart as Professor X. Then, they "redid" them by moving the timeline back with James MacAvoy as Professor X. That doesn't take into account the wolverine movie.
    So, I don't know!

18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I don't think I've seen any of those movies. :shrug

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I know, it's hard to follow. I have to say, I am going to have to wait a couple more weeks before we see it. The movie theater was TOO CROWDED. I don't sit with people around me. LOL!!!!

20. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I liked the first 3 and then they have lost me a bit - the timeline is all over the place and that really, really bugs me...

Have seen all the Avengers though, looking forward to the new Spiderman - and also the new Men In Black movie for a bit of fun!