June Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2019 Challenges' started by Justagirl, May 29, 2019.

1. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Hi everyone,
    Welcome to the month of June, can you believe we’re half way through the year already... GULP! I’m so excited because I'm hosting my very first Journaling challenge! Some of you may not know that I have been fighting breast cancer since September last year. I am nearing the end of my treatment but one of the things I've noticed on this ride, is that a positive attitude is key to over coming difficult situations so I thought it would be fun to use ‘LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE’ as our journaling prompt.

So let’s share a story or experience that actually elevated you into a happy place. This doesn’t necessarily mean you were left in fits of laughter but instead something that made you feel happy, relieved or joyful.

CHALLENGE CRITERIA:
    • You must write a minimum of three (3) sentences that tells your story.
    IDEAS TO GET YOU STARTED
    Below I have included some examples to help kick start your journaling but hey anything goes with this one!
    • Document something you saw, like Instant karma working at its best.
    • Those funny quips your kid comes out with on those seemingly mundane moments of day to day life.
    • Perhaps it was an unexpected interaction with someone you know or a stranger that brought you joy.
    • Maybe it was a special message/ heavenly gift from someone up above.
    • You could include an Inspirational Quote as part of your journaling and one that resonated or made you smile.
    Here is my page dedicated to my wonderful Aunty and the story about her little gift of joy sent from heaven.
    It was the day of your funeral & your wake. Mum and I were feeling so overwhelmed with emotion we glanced across the room and instantly knew that each other needed to step out of the fray and regroup in the front garden, even just for a quick moment. We were missing your dry sense of humour, the kind of wit that not everyone got but we did. It was one part of your amazingness! We were postulating at what you’d make of all this fanfare being bestowed in the memory of you and like a gift from the heavens this happened...

Your neighbour from across the street of which you did not know too well, noticed us and in a friendly neighbourly way he announced…
    ‘You wouldn’t be caught dead inside, on such a beautiful day like today!’

OH.EM.GEE! (something you’d always say)… in unison mum and I looked at each other then up to the heavens above and knew straight away that you had a hand in this! The immense happiness we felt at that moment could never be quantified, you were still with us right there in your front garden being cheeky & just a little bit naughty too. Thank you Aunty Lol for the joy you brought us everyday & well beyond because even in Heaven you’re still making us laugh. All our love Helen & Em. xox

Remember our monthly challenge rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the JUNE Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to read your stories!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Ga_L, KarenB, MrsPeel and 3 others like this.
  2. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

In Germany there is the saying "Laughter is the best medicine"
    Thank you for your wonderful story

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Justagirl likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a heartwarming story, Em. Thanks for sharing this page with us. I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine.

Justagirl likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

you are such an inspiration Em.... in every way possible.... I am so blessed to know you!!!!
    I'll make one about 1 color, but it will surely have an additional one with the array of colors I have stories to tell LOL
    now to choose the ONE color story....decisions decisions!!!!!!! :faint2

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  5. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Fun challenge, Em.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  6. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Great way to share how something I wasn't excited about turned out so funny!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's my journaling - laughter is so very healing
    [​IMG]

Justagirl and NBK-Design like this.
  8. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

@Cherylndesigns thank you so much, I can tell you that laugh was one I will forever remember ;)

@MrsPeel can’t wait to see what you mean, you have me all curious! And thank you sweetie right back at ya xox

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Justagirl likes this.
  10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

11. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I always tell MJ that he makes my heart happy. This is mostly due to his amazing sensitivity and goodness. On this day, (yesterday, june 5) he picked up his suffering sister and carried her across the yard to the porch! He never ceases to amaze us and to touch our hearts.

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Thanks for the challenge, Em. I hope this story makes you giggle.

[​IMG]

bonnenuit and Justagirl like this.
  14. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

15. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Here is mine. I chose a funny (to me) story, the journalling is with the credits.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Ha! Ha! Ha!...Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine!...The Oddest Things Are Sometimes The Funniest Things...I Love Flamingos But I Had Never Seen Such A Gigantic Flamingo Pool Floaty...OMG!...I Just Burst Out Laughing!...What A Funny & Odd Sight!...A Perfect Scrapping Moment For This Challenge!...

*For My Flamingo Floaty Funny Layout-I Used:Bright Days-Mommyish

[​IMG]

17. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Turning ourselves into emojis of sorts made us laugh (and still does)
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  18. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

here's mine, a sad and happy memory with the kindness of others.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  19. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

20. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!