***CLOSED winner announced*** Hybrid Challenge | iNSD2019

Discussion in 'iNSD Party 2019' started by lcpereyra, Apr 30, 2019.

1. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

Hello & Happy NSD!!! This is such a fun celebration and often what I need for a good kick in the mojo. :-)

As much as I love digital scrapbooking with the convenience & low fuss it offer’s, I just have this thing for paper and scissors and ink. I love the tactile feel and immediate satisfaction of holding my completed project in my hand. With hybrid scrapbooking, I get the best of both worlds! Hybrid gives me the digital designs I love, as well as the hands-on experience of crafting, and I love using both of these in the traveler’s notebook format. It is such a great size for quick & fun pages that I can make and add to my album on my shelf. And that makes me feel wonderfully productive. :yup

So I’m very happy to host this year’s hybrid challenge: create a traveler’s notebook hybrid page!

Here are the rules:
    • Use digital kits, papers and/or elements from designers in the TLP store.
    • Print & cut out your papers & elements and create your traveler’s notebook sized page (typically 4.25”x8”).
    • Add any physical elements that you want (real paint, stamping, washi tape, cork, etc).
    • Share your hybrid TN page here.
    *Pages need to have printing, cutting & pasting to qualify for the hybrid aspect of this challenge.

Here is my hybrid TN creation, with some detail photos. Note that I made 2 spreads; you only need to make one.

nsd_tneditsized-1.jpg nsd_tneditsized-2.jpg
    nsd_tneditsized-3.jpg nsd_tneditsized-4.jpg nsd_tneditsized-5.jpg nsd_tneditsized-6.jpg
    Details: I used the Work it Out kit from Paislee Press and the March 2019 Traveler’s Notebook Printable Kit from Just Jaimee. I printed the papers & elements with my home printer on Epson matte photo paper and cut some by hand and some with my Cricut Maker. I also printed Paislee Press’ word art on transparent plastic sheets from Computer Graphix. I assembled my pages, added my journaling, make the shaker pocket, did a small about of stamping and embossing and added my pages to my TN sized book (using an old album that is discontinued and binder rings). I was able to get my digital and paper fix and have some renewed mojo to keep documenting! :yesss

A random winner will be selected for a $5 gift certificate to TLP.

NSD CHALLENGE DETAILS:
    * Challenge closes at 11:00 am EDT on Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
    * Your hybrid layout needs to be posted prior to close of challenge here in this thread to be eligible for the prize.
    * The $5 winner will be chosen by a random generated draw, to be distributed after the iNSD sale (as coupons are not valid during store-wide sales).
    * Your hybrid layout needs to be a new hybrid layout created exclusively for this challenge and not submitted for any other challenge/game.
    * Your hybrid layout needs to comply with gallery rules and contain at least 50% TLP products (templates count as 15%). Uploads must be <250 K. List all credits and no off-site linking allowed.

--------------edited to announce winner
    Congratulations to Cindy (Cinderella) - She is our random $5 winner
    Watch your PM's for prize code!

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2019
  2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

here my attempt!
    [​IMG]

A-M and umyesh like this.
  3. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    umyesh likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

5. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I needed to make a greeting card for my husband's fishing buddy so I thought I would use this challenge for inspiration by making the card in the size of a Travelers Notebook.
    I printed the card front and printed an extra fish which I cut out and mounted on top of the fish on the full card. I added real brads and mounted all on a dark brown real cardstock.

[​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love all the different ideas here! I decided to go with a Summer Bucket List because I thought my kids would have fun with it as soon as school gets out. My daughter saw what I made and used the same supplies to make her own page, too! Printing on sticky notes is my new favorite thing! Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Great challenge @lcpereyra! I think I'll give it a try. I'm just confused: one page or one spread? I thought it was a spread, but then I saw that Anne-Marie made one card... :hummm:think

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I possibly did not follow the rules correctly so I do not mind if I am not in the running for the prize draw. As I do not create travelers notebooks but do enjoy doing hybrid, I thought I would make use of the challenge for inspiration for the card I needed to make.

cinderella likes this.
  10. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I didn’t realize that it would be confusing when I wrote the challenge! I did write “a hybrid page” so one side in the travelers notebook size qualifies for the challenge. Anyone is more than welcome to create more pages and a spread, of coarse. :)

cinderella and umyesh like this.
  11. cinderella

Thank you!

12. cinderella

No worries, @A-M Anne Marie, you're good!

A-M likes this.
  13. sucali

sucali sucali

14. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

15. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Printing, check!
    Cutting, check!
    Pasting, check!
    It was strange to get the paper and glue back out, LOL! I haven't done that in a long long time!
    [​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  16. cinderella

It was kinda fun. I'm sorry for the bad quality photo :(
    [​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge. I love working in my TN. These are pictures of my "real" Traveler's Notebook. I decided to turn the real book into a digital layout.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  18. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Cindy (Cinderella) - She is our random $5 winner
    Watch your PM's for prize code!

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

20. cinderella

Thank you so much!
    It was fun, totally pushed me out of my comfort zone!