the view from here | pad patter 3 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 3, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

What do you usually see out the window at home and how do you feel about it?

This weekend I'll be starring at this screen mostly but I usually love our quiet street view. But it's nearing election time here and our view out the front windows has been of a poster of one of the local politicians for the last month at least. I'm so over it!
    We live near the end of a cul-de-sac, all of 3 or 4 houses worth of people can see this poster, so it's not exactly a good advertising spot and in the time we've lived here, it's been the same bloke each election planted on a sign post in this front yard. Every second ad on the tv & radio there's a campaign and dirt slinging ad and I can't even just turn the tv and radio off and look out the window. I can't imagine living in an apartment in a city somewhere opposite a big billboard I couldn't stand! I'm counting the days til I get my trees and grass view back without a big cheesy smiling poster in the middle of it

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

The only window I regularly look out of is the kitchen window, I see the neighbour's house and our garden.
    Its quiet and the sun is shining, I see birdies in their tree and their washing out to dry.
    I love being at home, i love the quiet of the neighbourhood, the lack of music and dogs making a constant noise, when dogs do bark we go and see what's causing that. I love the lack of tv and news too. I will vote next week Wednesday and enjoy the public holiday that goes along with that.

bellbird likes this.
  3. sucali

sucali sucali

4. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hmm. I have curtains drawn most of the time. While I love my neighbors and I feel blessed to have so many great people around us, I don't need to see them all the time. :giggle But I do like to look out my front door's side light windows and look at my front garden beds. Last month they had gorgeous tulips; hopefully this month I can get to the store and buy some pretty flowers (usually I go from seed, but I didn't have a chance this spring), and then in the summer I hope my sunflowers grow. (Last year DD told me her friends call our home "The Sunflower house" because of them. Another little girl came over and said "I love this place. It's the Sunny house." :) )

bellbird and Ferdy like this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

out of my window is a set of two train tracks - I’m used to them now after living here on and off for 23 years. This weekend they’ll be quiet for the most part as all our city trains have been replaced by buses to allow for maintenance and renovations. Apart from that, I look out onto three sets of neighbours which unless they’re partying til 3am I really don’t notice them.

bellbird likes this.
  7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Glory! I see spring in full bloom out my window, and I love it. Azaleas, lots of green, birds coming to our birdfeeder. There is actually a sweet little chipmunk out there right now. :beat:beat:beat

bellbird and Ferdy like this.
  8. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

Just gotta say - I always vote but I HATE election time!!! So sorry to hear about your poster issues! LOL! Since I usually scrap on my couch I have one window I can see which has a lovely view of my neighbor's trees. Makes me feel like I am in a tree house when I glance over there! :)

bellbird likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have cafe curtains in all my windows so unless I stand up and look over the bottom tier I don't see anything... and no one can see in!

The sliding door is the one that I look out the most. I love looking at my fenced in patio and watching Peyton run around on it when it isn't too cold out. Landscaping is rather pretty as well. My view from that window and my kitchen window is the neighbors behind me although I can see several streets. The large picture window in the front has a view of the street, my driveway and another street that is almost directly across from my driveway. I also see neighbor's houses here as well.

I don't have trees in my front yard so I do have a wonderful view of the night sky since the window faces south. And, on the 4th of July I can see the fireworks at the fairgrounds since it is directly south of me. My front yard will be the perfect spot for the next solar eclipse since we will be in 100% totality :)

10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

now, my windows are down , cause my apartment gets sunlight in the afternoon on my room and living room ...
    but when I get up I see the garden along the beach, the beach itself and a big blue sea...it's my fave view from my city !

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I see beautiful flowers outside my window and wonderful birds flying around :) Sunlight and beauty!!!

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We live at the end of a cul-de-sac with only 2 other houses that we can really see. If I look out front, I see the cul-de-sac, my deck and front lawn and the neighbor's driveway. If I look out the back I see nothing but trees and a hillside. My desk is right next to a side window, and right now I have a beautiful view of my swing and 4 huge honeysuckle bushes in full bloom!

ashleywb likes this.
  13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have a wall of windows on the backside of my house and I live up high and look out to a great view of the hudson valley - I can see 4 mtn ranges from my property. The birds often perch on our roof because we are higher than a lot of trees! The front view is just our neighborhood street/neighbors. Typical suburban neighborhood view. I prefer the back view! :)

ashleywb likes this.
  14. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Our main view is out to our backyard, north facing and fairly private - nice and sunny today!
    Our neighbours have spent time and energy protesting their trees to keep their privacy and the lights from our house out of their main line of sight so we were surprised when we heard tree trimming happening a couple of weeks ago - then we noticed it wasn't the neighbours doing the trimming so my husband texted to ask who was butchering his trees - turns out the neighbors' dad was supposed to be picking olives and decided (without consulting) to give the tree a major trim - it was not pretty - it was a hack job tbh. Very, very unhappy wife when she got back and saw the damage - they put up old fence extenders but it is a mess... bonus is our view improved somewhat but I think I preferred the lovely old olive tree hanging over our fence.

I feel your election pain Justine, although luckily no posters in our street but everywhere else - so yuck! Bring on the democracy sausages and get this over and done with!

amandac likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

From my window I can see the huge Jacaranda tree in my neighbours yard, and I can hear the rainbow lorikeets screaming at each other from the bottlebrush just out of my sight! PS I hate electioneering too Justine, I try not to turn tv on at the moment... not even sure who to vote for this time because they are all as bad as each other :(

[​IMG]

18. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am kissing the frog.
    Here you go Bart...
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yep, this is what it's all about right?! elections just bring another school fundraising weekend, sad but true - butchers must love elections!
    i'd take the rainbows screeching over all the ad's in a heartbeat! i do wonder whether we'd be better off getting a comedian elected like the Ukraine sometimes and the One Asian Party guy would get my vote at this stage!

20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Hmmm I thought all politicians are comedians ;)

[​IMG]

Ferdy and bellbird like this.