Printing Stickers

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. Karen

Oh wow! Your clear stickers look amazing Bev! I really love the matte finish to them... they kinda just melt into the paper! Thanks for posting yours! :)

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I challenged myself to use up all the old stickers I've printed (from my own sticker sheets I put together and from the planner kit PDFs our designers made- there's always so much jammed into those - one PDF can do so many layouts!) over the last 3 years before I print more. And I did it! I used the last of my stickers and it felt great to not waste all those sticker leftovers I had been collecting for months/years. My weekly planner pages are prettied up with stickers until May 18. So 5 more weeks to go.
    BUT ... then guess what I'm gonna do?! I'm getting me some clear sticker paper! Oh yes! You ladies have me sold on trying this. It looks so good @BevG (really love the way the florals look!) And @Karen - I agree with the thickness of the Avery vs the Silhouette. That is weird how thick the sticker paper is! Your little sheet of emojis is too cute.
    Thank you for sharing girls. I am looking forward to playing again with making custom sticker sheets for my planner soon, it has been too long and I really miss it!

Karen and BevG like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@jenn mccabe - Oh me too. That is why I have all those random cacti stickers on things. Please share your pages. I think I have some more creative layouts in my new planner that starts in July of this year.

p.s. you can remove and re-position the Avery clear stickers if you do it soon and carefully.

jenn mccabe and Karen like this.
  5. Karen

That is good to know! :agree

6. jenn mccabe

Sorry it took me so long to post these @BevG All my planner spreads for 2019 were done using up my stash of planner stickers - here is just a random sample of a few pages. I literally sat for about 2 hours and did 5 months of spreads in one sitting - like sticker sneeze, throwing them on my pages. It's not fancy or all that pretty! But I was determined to use them and not waste them. I can't wait until mid may to start printing some new ones again. I have about 3 more weeks of spreads left that have already been decorated and then I can play with some new stuff again. :)

2019plannerpages.jpg
    these are a mix of JJ's Story Planner kits, Allison Pennington, LBW and Pink Reptile Designs kits too.

Karen likes this.
  7. BevG

@jenn mccabe - I love them! My new planner starts in July 2019. I want to plan out the spreads more than I have in the past. I used to print or buy new stickers and then just throw them around without a plan. I made special little stickers for piano, yoga, tutoring, etc. but after seeing those for months, I am tired of the same ones.

And beginning in late June, my days become really a whole lot less busy so that means more room for stickers.

Karen and jenn mccabe like this.
  8. jenn mccabe

I hear you @BevG ... it's so much more fun if you mix it up and keep it fresh. My days are not as busy either bc I have one planner at work for work stuff - which I do not decorate - it's all biz. And then I have one for home life - but my kids are older. The "baby" is off to college in a few months and the other is already out of the house. I have lots of room in my planner these days too! Planning relaxes me and makes me feel super organized. I just love it. I do miss my happy planner. This year I needed to use the Webster Planner I bought - it's pretty but I miss the bigger size of the Classic Happy Planner - it just has a bit more room and I love the sturdy pages. I'm going back to the HP for 2020. Can't wait to see if my printer will do justice to those cool clear stickers you and Karen have been making. :)

BevG likes this.
  9. BevG

@jenn mccabe - I got a Classic HP for the 2019-2020 (18months), but I also recently bought a Mini HP in the dashboard format. I am wondering if that style would be better for my days since they are less busy. The right page has a spot for each day and the left page is for lists for that week. My plan is to use it as a prayer journal and write down day specific prayers. Mostly I just wanted to play with it.

My dd got one of the beautiful Notes HP in the Big size to use as her notebook for college. We will see how that goes. I also got her a Classic sized planner for her assignments, etc.

I cut out some clear and white stickers out yesterday. I really love the clear ones and may just print those from now on. Your cutting does not have to be as perfect with the clear. :yesss

Karen and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. jenn mccabe

I like the dashboard format too - I'm the same. For me, a little spot for an appointment, event or fun activity and then all my lists on the other page would work for me too. Let me know if you do start using and if you like it! True about the clear stickers! Never thought about that!

BevG likes this.
  11. Karen

Your planner pages looks so great Jenn! @jenn mccabe I love that adorable girl doing the yoga pose in the first picture. So cute! :) I think I am going to spend some time today printing a few more stickers. I try to wait until I make a list of ones that I know I'm going to need soon so I can fill a whole page. I kinda wish there was a way to print just a few at a time and use the same registration marks, but you'd have to be super confident that the paper was feed into your printer the exact same way each time.

Anyway, my son is starting driver's training so I get to print some fun teenager driving stickers today. :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

Thank you. I love making stickers with Val’s beautiful girls.

I went a little crazy with happy planner purchases today. M’s had 40% off and I got a bunch of value packs. I also got a cool dry erase meal planner divider. Hobby Lobby also has an online sale right now - I bought a happy planner journal/notebook and one of those half sheet/ notes - the one with the rainbow discs. I wanted the farmer market one but it’s out of stock everywhere. The journal notebook I plan to use for projects and the little half sheet book for lists. I may be missing my happy planner as my main planner this year, but now I still get to play with some other happy planner stuff ;)

Karen and BevG like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Just reading through this thread! I started using a traveler's notebook size planner for 2019 and I'm just not loving it :(. @jenn mccabe I really miss my Happy Planner, too! I had so much more fun decorating it. And @BevG I'm getting ready to order an 18 month one so I can be planner happy again! I'm seriously considering the dashboard format because I really think it will suit my needs more now.

Karen, BevG and jenn mccabe like this.
  14. BevG

@IntenseMagic - Here is what the Dashboard layout looks like. This is the Southern Preppy Mini.
    IMG_20190429_210059313.jpg
    This is how I am adapting it for a prayer journal. I am not sure exactly what I am writing in each spot or what spots I will have, but something like this.
    IMG_20190429_210316973.jpg
    And to keep it real, here is this week's planner page from my actual planner. Yes, I scribble.
    IMG_20190429_210334568.jpg

And that is not my bracelet. I have no idea why there is a crayon here. The divider is the MOC page we did of goals for this year.

jenn mccabe, Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. BevG

And p.s. because I wanted to play NOW! I redid the May and June 2020 pages to make them May and June 2019.

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

@BevG I love what you've done and how you adapted it! I also love you keeping it real haha! I'm a scribbler, too! How cool that you used the layout for a divider! I just don't have as much going on these days as far as places to go and people to see. I really think that style would better suit the things that I really want to keep track of. Last year, I bought the horizontal layout because I thought I would be able to better use it for memory planning, journaling and such, and it just didn't work for me the way that I wanted it to. My wheels are turning on how I could make this one work for me. Thanks so much for sharing your pages!!

BevG and Karen like this.
  17. jenn mccabe

your planner is so pretty! awesome how you customized it Bev.

BevG and Karen like this.
  18. jenn mccabe

You guys ... I got my order of HP stuff from Hobby Lobby. I got the Happy Notes Journaling Notebook - it's cute! And then the Lemon Squeeze Half Sheet Notebook. I made a list of pages I want to scrap w/the downloads/shopping I just did here at TLP. I also have a list of photos I want to scrap, the instructions for Christa's Slow Scrap and all the challenges for May/iNSD. I'm taking the Half Sheet notebook and my iPad to my daughter's rowing event today - there's 2 hours btwn races ... so I hope to get some scrapping done on my iPad. I have dropbox all loaded up with my new digi supplies. We'll see how it works on the go - truly mobile and away from my home wifi. Fingers crossed!

PicTapGo 31.jpg

19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

20. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!