Scale? |pad patter 10April2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

[​IMG]SOoooooooooooooooo...I have been dieting hard. Exercising harder, and I gained 3 pounds! I seriously wanted to throw my scale out the window, but it is in my bathroom and the window is too small! bhahaha
    [​IMG]
    I am taking a 2 week no check scale break.
    [​IMG]
    I was checking 5-10 times a day, like I was gonna drop 10 pounds between checks? lol
    Do you check your weight often?
    Do you even own a scale!?

NancyBeck and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I do own one but I keep it in the closet so I have to get it and put it in the bathroom to use it. My bathroom is long but kind of narrow and I'm clumsy so I can't keep it out because I would probably trip over it. BWAHAHA I try to weigh myself about once a week, but I know if I've put on a few pounds - it goes right to my belly.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we own one, I check my weight a few times a year - mostly when I'm "feeling fat". I have to have medical permission and supervision if I diet due to my anorexic history. My Dr agrees that I am currently overweight, but not enough for him to give the go ahead on a diet. I'm following what is considered to be a good healthy diet and lifestyle, and am to simply continue with that. it's frustrating that I have to buy new clothes due to weight gain though.

The scale is mostly there for my husband who does need to loose weight since he started working from home.

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have one, I check daily and am amazed at how there can be a 2-3 pound difference overnight. I do want to lose the 5 lbs that is all my dr wants me to lose. Right now I'm not so motivated and chocolate is a bad tranquilizer that I turn to. Must Not Buy.

5. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Ours even differs from the one at WW. I'm even superstitious about what clothes I'm wearing and what day and time I weigh. They claim they calibrate all of their scales to match, but I swear they don't!

I hadn't been to WW in 5 yrs, so I was pleasantly surprised at how easy their new Freestyle is to follow!

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I weigh every morning when I am actively dieting, every few weeks when I am not.

Keep at it! Eating right and exercising. You are doing the right thing!

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

muscle weight gained? or maybe just a little water retention. i hate when that happens when you are trying and being good. i usually want to throw my scale out the window EVERY day though.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't own a scale. I do check in the nurse's office at school a couple of times a month.
    You're doing great, Anne! Muscle is denser than fat, so I'm guessing you've added some muscle. Try measuring inches instead of pounds :)

9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Lol- I love that your window was too small! We have a nice large window in our bathroom- but it doesn't open! :giggle

I used to do weekly weigh-ins on our scale, but I've been sort of scared to lately- a couple years ago I buckled down & did everything right (diet/exercise) and lost 40 lbs. I'm pretty sure the number has been sneaking back to that 40 mark. I KNOW what I need to do to get back there, I'm just not very motivated to step it up now. Maybe if I am brave enough to get on the scale & see exactly where I'm at... :crazy

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol Anne. If you are eating right and exercising and more importantly FEELING good, don't let that stupid scale ever discourage you. All last year when I was being really strict with the diet I noticed a monthly cycle to that darn scale. I'd do well for three weeks and the fourth week (during my monthly curse :giggle ) I would lose any weight and usually gained a bit too. Then the following week it was back to business as usual, so just ignore that scale and keep doing what you're doing. You'll be back on track in no time!

oh and the reason I know this so scientifically is because I weigh myself every day. :giggle

11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I weigh myself but not necessarily consistently. I try not to focus on the scale but rather on how my clothes fit. Right now they're a little tight lol. Too much stress eating and too much sitting in the car or sitting in a doctor's office for DD's concussion recovery appts. They should have treadmills in their waiting rooms. I could work off my nervous energy while we wait. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm not sure that I've ever owned a scale. I definitely don't now. I do know that I lost 3 pounds between my doctor's appointments in August 2018 and March 2019.

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have an old scale I probably got around the time I got married in the 90's. I haven't used it since one of my pregnancies (those babies are 17, 15, and 12 now). The battery died and I have never bothered to replace it. I would weed the scale out of my bathroom closet if I were cleaning it out, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. It's not in the way, so it's very low priority.

14. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh those darn scales!! I loathe them, lol!!
    I was having good weeks and bad weeks (or days) and becoming deflated and depressed at my yoyo. Weight can be so fickle, absolutely depends on time of day, what you have eaten or had to drink, whether you have been to the bathroom or not, freshly showered (wet hair), or even what kind of exercise you have done. I know all this and it still doesn't help me not become upset by my own weight.
    ALSO my scales change up to 2kg (4.5lbs) depending where I put it. Our bathroom floor is the worst, but even a 90° turn on our wooden floors can change it by 1kg!! So so stupid!!
    Longer story short, which I might check in at the Fit Pad, hubby's gym (which he started 1.5 months ago) only does monthly "official" weigh and measure, so we have both made a promise to only weigh and measure once a month. It has been hard to break that habit, but I feel a lot less stressed about it. Looking forward to measuring the most, because I can see/feel the difference but the weight might not show it.

bestcee likes this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ah - we are not talking (me and the scale). It really does help to weigh at the same time each day. That said, it is sooo easy to gain or loss 2 pounds on my scale overnight. I doubt that is real. But I do think the trends are real, especially when your clothes fit differently.

16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We have a scale and I usually weigh first thing in the morning, but agree that I can gain or lose 2-3 pounds overnight. Morning weights are usually lower than right before bedtime. I should just throw it out the window and take measurements and not worry about what the scale says. I also think it's a conspiracy because hubby loses weight every time he steps on the scale and I gain it... hehe!

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I told mine off ! Told it I am not buying you a new. Battery...so there !

18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

The quote my daughter put over ours goes something like this:
    The scale is just a number that shows my relationship to gravity. No more no less. It does not indicate my beauty, my worth, my value,...

bestcee and wvsandy like this.
  19. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

My battery died and I haven't been motivated to change it. Keep going @AnneofAlamo !

20. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

Was a lifetime member of WW about 21 years ago (at a weight of 128 lbs....what???) and then had my two children and it was downhill from there (weight wise). Lol! I have started back a few times and about 2 years ago I lost almost 30 pounds and then just stopped working the program for whatever reason and gained it all back. I'm 3 weeks back on plan and down 8.2 pounds so far. I am loving the new Freestyle program so far!

We own a scale and my hubby weighs himself all the time. I never use it unless I'm on WW and then just once a week. I don't weigh anywhere else.