Never have I ever...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I have never smoked:smokin, seen the northern lights, or experienced fall in the U.S. Northeast.
    I have never watched The Office or Dr. Who.
    I have never eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters. :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

@michelepixels It's a combination of genetics and dental care (mostly genetics). I had a very low sugar diet as a child. I brush at least twice daily and I floss when I remember, but I wouldn't say I do anything special. My husband is more vigilant than I am and has had several cavities. I know a lot of it has to do with diet, tooth shape and tooth spacing.

3. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Such an interesting topic - my list would be more like a ton of stuff I have tried once and never again (smoking, tea, coffee, oysters, many sports, ears pierced - now closed up, broken a bone - I guess that isn't so much of a choice though :giggle, also watched and or read one book/episode of a series and never gone back)

I don't have a tattoo but would never rule it out entirely - probably another try once and never again...

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hmmm...
    -never broken a bone
    -no tattoos
    -never said a swear word
    -haven't watched most of the TV/movies that have already been mentioned (it seems like a lot of us don't watch TV)
    -never went to prom

That's all I can think of right now...but I'm sure there's more.

keepscrappin and weaselwatchr like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We're too busy scrapping to watch t.v.! :D

I also never went to a prom or any other high school dance. I did go to a couple in middle school though.

6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Sorry I disappeared. We have been traveling today and are in Las Vegas! I was reading everyone’s comments to hubby and he thought they were quite interesting. He then tried to come up with things he hasn’t done either. I thought of some other things for myself. I have never had braces. I also have never smoked.

@jenn mccabe my poor husband had to deal with my sister and me sitting on either side of him crying during titanic. I have seen it multiple times and teared up over it again and again.

@SeattleSheri how awesome!

@BevG i haven’t even tried smoking either, even though my dad smoked two packs a day.

@AJK i love coffee! My husband loathes it. He doesn’t even like how it smells. So he is in your boat.

@cinderella might I ask where you are from?

@Cherylndesigns The shame! I have lived in Michigan for 20 years!!!
    Maybe one day we will go to the UP

@kimingvtx I don’t have a tattoo either but haven’t completely ruled it out

@SharLamb i haven’t been to burning man or comic con but would like to go. That’s awesome that you have never had a ticket.

@amien1 i have done all those things...I broke the toe next to my little toe falling off a step ladder during vacation once. It was not a good vacation. I also love Harry Potter and GOT.

@carrie1977 you are like me and the UP! We both should be ashamed of ourselves, lol.

@Karen i have watched a few episodes of This is Us but it wasn’t for me. Glad you tried HP. I love HP! We even had a ferret named Hermione

@michelepixels the most times I have ever seen a movie at a theater is twice. It was Hangover. I also have been intrigued by the Titanic story and watched many documentaries about it. I saw a newer one last year that was really good. Hubby doesn’t like seafood because “ he doesn’t want to see what his food looked like while it was alive when he is eating it”. I never went to camp and growing up I was really jealous of kids who went.

7. weaselwatchr

That’s like the holy grail of fan movies!!!

8. weaselwatchr

It’ s like we are twins! Lol

cinderella and Iowan like this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Greece

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

***G A S P***
    YOU HAVE to visit sometime! It is so beautiful up there! Have you seen the Mackinac Bridge?

there is alot of the above that I also haven't done, smoke, been to dances, tv shows @Karen I've never seen This is Us too and all the ladies in my bible class can't believe it they always talk about the latest episode. Read the Harry Potter only seen a few of the movies while the kids were watching them.
    No tattoo, just got my first piercing about 3ish years ago and it was mostly done because my girls took me LOL I really wouldn't of done it otherwise.
    I've never been on a Train. Keep saying that is something I want to do.

weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hmmmm... Lots of nevers...

* I'm not a big TV fan, so I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Dr. Who, etc.
    * Never had cable TV, so what we get is picked up via antenna.
    * Never owned a smart phone. We do have a flip Tracfone though, use it for emergencies in the car or calling for carryout. We also dropped long distance on our land line, so we do use it for long distance calls as well. I don't carry a cell phone with me.
    * Never saw Titanic.
    * Never read a Harry Potter book. DH & I actually were invited to see a Harry Potter movie with our niece & nephew once, we both dozed off during it. And no, I don't remember which one.
    * Never read anything by Stephen King, he creeps me out.
    * Never had a tattoo.
    * Never had a broken bone.
    * Never was put out with general anesthetic. (I did have a minor procedure once, but refused general in spite of protests from the doctor.)
    * Never had acrylic nails.
    * Never had kids.
    * Never was divorced, still married to my sweetie. :-)

bestcee and weaselwatchr like this.
  12. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh my...this thread is so cool!! Unfortunately, I have done a lot of things from the previously posts...(well, smoking and broken bones are not good, no regrets on the tattoos and series! lol)
    and I became a HP fan on my early 30's, and I really liked it!

so, to be different , I'm going to say that I never eat a lot of typical brazilian dishes, some have a lot of unusual ingredients that I just can't think about!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've never bought a lottery ticket, but want to win the lottery.
    I have never smoked, drank alcohol or coffee.
    I've never done drugs.
    I've never gotten a tattoo and don't want to.
    I've never watched Grey's anatomy or Game of Thrones.
    I've never read the Harry Potter books, but love the movies. My kids have read the HP books, but I prefer to watch the movies. I fall asleep when I read.
    I never went to prom.
    I've never broken a bone.
    I've never had braces to straighten my teeth, but all of my kids have had them.
    I've never lived outside of the US.
    I've never been divorced.
    I've never carried a balance on my credit cards. Always pay them completely off each month.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@weaselwatchr and @Karen - REALLY?!!! no coffee? I thought I was an enigma, lol! ( my barista daughter thinks so.)
    I thought of a few more:
    I've never had a tatoo either- took a great deal of "heart work" to accept my son's tatoo love and DIL's many graven images, LOL!
    Never had a ticket.
    Was gonna say never broke a bone, but I think toe bones count, so can't say that!
    Never smoked nor tried the "magical plant".
    Never been to a Hockey game.
    And much as I've tried, I never truly learned how to swim, much to my wave surfing at age 77 Mom's chagrin . I just stay afloat.

weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Okay - some more for me -
    I never learned to swim although I have had lessons more than once.
    No magical plants or drugs for me.
    No braces but I have had lots of dental work done.
    No tattoo and I won't get one either.
    Never been to a hockey game & most any other sport, unless my sons were playing it or it was the local baseball minor league (free food parties only!).
    Never been divorced, but I have been married twice to the same guy (that is a funny story).
    Never went to prom.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

What an interesting thread!

I've never been to disneyland but almost everyone I know has (including all my family members).

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have never seen Star Wars movies or a full episode of star trek.
    I don't know anything about game of thrones, or most TV shows.
    I have never sang the right words to most songs on the radio! bhhahah
    drives my children nuts!
    I have never had or will have a tattoo
    I have never read harry potter all the way thru....I tried a few times, but for the record, I never got thru Treasure Island or Little Women, and have tried so many times.
    I have broke a bone, but never worn a cast..bhahha, broke my neck.

I have never run a 5K, but I am gonna, and eventually I am gonna do a half iron man!

weaselwatchr and AJK like this.
  18. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I've never seen the ocean.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YUP! I've never been either! Would like to go with Son and DIL with littles, but not sure that will ever happen, especially if we move away. Really want to see Epcot Center.
    @Robyn ---OH MY! You really must- at least once, it is so powerful and such an awesome(in true meaning of that word!) sight!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I was curious about Stephen King because I'd read he's a fantastic author and read some articles about him and tweets FROM him that made me like him as a person. But I dislike horror, so I thought I'd never be able to read his books. Then I discovered his book 11.22.63 last year and devoured it. It's not horror. It's about time travel and the plot to kill JFK. It was a great story!

Never divorced -- me too -- can't believe I didn't think of that one! :love:love

weaselwatchr and mcurtt like this.