Bacon | Pad Patter 4.7

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Do you like bacon (if you don't, skip the rest of the questions and see the image at the bottom :giggle)? DUH!
    How do you cook your bacon? stove top, oven, microwave.
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? CRISPY
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? YES, delicious!
    chocolate covered bacon - YES!
    chocolate bacon beer cupcakes - YES! (used the fat from the bacon instead of butter)
    candied bacon in your coffee - YES!
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? that coffee was amazing and so were the darn cupcakes!

amien1 likes this.
  2. Dalis

[​IMG]

SeattleSheri and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Do you like bacon (if you don't, skip the rest of the questions and see the image at the bottom :giggle)? YES!!
    How do you cook your bacon? On the stove while it bathes in its grease :giggle
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? either
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? No, I don't think so. I did try a bacon flavored mint from one of those novelty shops. It was disgusting.
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? a breakfast burrito with potatoes, eggs, cheese, bacon and hot sauce

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do like bacon, but I HATE to cook it because it takes forever get it crispy the way I like it and is such a horrible mess... that is until I discovered that you cook bake it in the oven all at once and get it crispy and not have the mess on the stovetop. One of the best things I ever learned on Facebook! :giggle

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:giggle
    Just in the last few months, I've been losing my desire for bacon. I've had some vegetarian influences in my life for almost a year now. I don't think I'll ever be fully vegetarian, but I have been increasing the veggies in my life, eating more beans, and eating less meat.
    I cook bacon in a skillet on the stove. It has ridges that supposedly help and leave grill marks on meat.
    I prefer bacon crispy.
    I haven't tried any unusual bacon stuff that I remember.
    My recent favorite way to have bacon was to crumble it up and include it in my egg & veggie burrito.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

Do you like bacon? I think it's okay; I do eat it.
    How do you cook your bacon? In a pan.
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? I like it chewy, but everyone else in my family likes it crispy.
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? I've had maple-bacon ice cream.
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? I like bacon with ranch and cheese as a dip, or mixed with chicken, or on a salad; I think they work really well together.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I luuuuuuurve bacon. Bacon cheeseburgers are one of my greatest weaknesses. I will order one if I see it on the menu of a new restaurant.

It needs to be crispy -- almost burnt crispy, thankyouverymuch.

There is a local 5K this summer that is called Bacon Around the Bend that I'm trying to talk my nephew into doing with me. They give you free bacon along the route!

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Sign me up!

9. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Do you like bacon? YES!
    How do you cook your bacon? In the oven (if I have time) or on stovetop (if it's just for me)
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? In between
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? I tried peanut butter bacon milkshake before
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? Bacon wrapped chicken or bacon wrapped grilled mushrooms

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm LOL-ing right now since the hubby & I JUST had this discussion yesterday! :)

Do you like bacon? OF COURSE!!!
    How do you cook your bacon? IN THE OVEN! So much less mess!!!
    Do you like your bacon chewy or crispy? Perfectly in between- bit crunchy but the fatty part still a bit soft
    Have you tried anything unusual with bacon, like chocolate covered? I love the salty/sweet combo so chocolate bacon, brown sugar bacon or even the bacon maple bars are totally my jam!
    What's your favorite dish that includes bacon? You can't beat a good BLT sammy!

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Ummm... I think I need these in my life- all my favorite things (Beer, Bacon & Chocolate!) :) Recipe???

SeattleSheri likes this.
  12. Dalis

Ok, here it is. I mixed about 8 oz of caramelized (with brown sugar) bacon (crispy) into the mix. Substituted part of the butter for bacon grease. (a bit goes a long way) and used some of the same bacon for toppings.
    this is the best stout and bailey's EVER!!! Don't skip the ganache, it's SO GOOD!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/301670875020259392/

amien1 and IntenseMagic like this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ewww I don't think I'd like the mint thing either. That burrito sounds amazing!!

14. IntenseMagic

Yes!! Baking it is awesome! I learned it on FB, too :giggle It is good for something!

Karen likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

I mash my hard boiled eggs and crumble it on that. I really need to do some burritos!

michelepixels likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

How was the ice cream? Love the dip idea!

17. IntenseMagic

Your reply reminds me of going out to breakfast with my dad. When he would order, he would say "CRISP bacon" very demanding about it :giggle
    That is one 5K I could bet on board with!

18. IntenseMagic

How was the milkshake?? Oooh the bacon wrapped mushrooms sound amazing!

19. IntenseMagic

I just haven't gotten on board with the bacon/sweet combo. Maybe I need to give it another try! And yes, BLTs are one of my favorite things!

20. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I don't eat bacon, I've been a vegetarian since 1989. About 10 years ago, I began eating fish, advised to me by my Lyme-literate doctor when I was treated for Lyme. But even then with fish, I will only do tuna or salmon maybe once or twice a month.

IntenseMagic likes this.