2019 March Monthly Muse - Week 4 - Fill Your Book!

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by EHStudios, Mar 26, 2019.

1. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Welcome to the Monthly Muse for March 2019!!

Week 4 - Fill Your Book

I just posted Week 3's challenge as well! Find that here!

For this week's challenge I want you to find an empty open book image that you are going to fill up. The newest Mixed Media Monthly, and the add-ons too, have lots of options to play with! The challenge here is to Fill Your Book. Put something that matters on your empty pages. Add to the emptiness.

[​IMG]

Or if you don't have one, there are some free options too. I found this one on Pixabay which has free images to use in your projects. For this one I just searched the phrase "Open Book" and there were lots of realistic or clipart versions.

[​IMG]

For my page, I'm going to use Lynne-Marie's M3 add on pack for this month because I think these open book pages are gorgeous!

[​IMG]

I don't know yet where the blank pages will take you, but I can't wait to see how you fill them.

[page coming soon!]

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

If you have any questions, ask here!

Have fun!!!

2. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I skipped ahead and completed the Week 4 challenge before Week 3; here is my ATC -
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for another great month of muses.

[​IMG]

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I had loads fo fun doing this, thank you for the muse.
    [​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This gave me the opportunity to use all the watercolor elements from Rebecca's kits to fill with things that appeal to me.
    [​IMG]

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Cool challenge. I didn't try to make sense to the viewer. This is what is on my mind this month.
    [​IMG]

BevG likes this.
  8. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I went to Pixabay and ended up using the same image as yours, thank for the lead!
    [​IMG]

9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here's mine. I had pondered how to fill my pages. Since my family & heritage & genealogy are so very important to me, that is what I went with. I left the photo shading as it was, aside from one more modern shot that was in color which I turned to b&w. So you have varying tones of b&w & sepia. On the left is my mom's side of the family. On the right, my dad's.

[​IMG]

10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

11. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I had a fairly clean and simple but artsy page done and then I read the challenge and it was called "Fill Your Book" and started over...
    [​IMG]

12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Finally Here To Wrap Up The Monthly Muse Challenges For March...Week#4...I Have Enjoyed The Diversity Of All The Art Journaling Challenges This Month!...Well...I Do Every Month...But Exploring Life Through Books Seems Like A No Brainer & So Obvious...But Yet I Never Thought Of Creating Layouts In This Way...Way To Go!...I Have Yet Again Learned So Much From Doing!...That's Why I Love These Art Journaling Challenges!...They Constantly Inspire Me In New & Interesting Ways!...

* I Wanted To Wrap Up The Month On A Positive Note...My Week#2 & Week#3 Layouts Dealt With A More Gritty & Deeper Thinking Premise...So I Now Want To Move On From That & Explore The Other Side Of Sadness/The Blues...Etc...I Have Been Struggling With My Issues Lately & I Am In Need Of Some Inner & Outer PEACE!!!...So That's How I Approached My Week#4 Layout...I Have Filled My Really Open Book With Lots Of Elements Bursting To The Brim With Spring/Flowers/Peace/Calm/Serene/Peace WA & Images!...Lots Of Spring Flowers & Bits Of Nature Thrown In Too!...Lots Of Happiness & Positivity Too!...Bright Fresh Colors Of Spring Yellows & Purples & Blues!...I Need Spring To Be Here NOW!...Here's A Preview Of Hopefully The Spring To Come!...

*For My Springity-Sprung Layout- I Used:

*M3 January 2018-Add-On/Butterfly Basics-New Year Edition-Bundle/A New Me-Bundle-Little Butterfly Wings
    *It Takes Courage-Rachel Jefferies
    *Heartsong-In Remembrance Of Dawn Inskip-A Lilypad & Friends Collab
    *Life Is An Adventure-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Remember-Designed By Soco
    *Philosphy-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Perspective-Etc By Danyale
    *Welcome Spring 2018-BooLand Designs(3)
    *Plant A Seed-Akizo Designs(1)
    *Beauty Through Adversity-Mini-Jen Maddocks(1)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  13. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

14. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I'm so sorry for the crazy delay on picking and announcing the March Monthly Muse Random Coupon Winner! For March the random generator picked @Cherylndesigns :cheer:clap Coupon coming right up!!!

Thank you all for creating with my book ideas!!!! :glomp

mimisgirl and Cherylndesigns like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thank you so much!! I'm thrilled to have won this challenge - thank you, Random Generator. :clap:clappy

EHStudios likes this.