Digital Pin Exchange - Winter/Holidays 2018 Edition!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Dalis, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

A few months ago Mommyish (Leah) released the Enamel Pin Builder and started a Pin Exchange.... which made a lot of us very happy and very addited to creating PINS! She also released an add-on with additional styles for your pins called Glittery Enamel Pin Styles. I will be the first one to say that I can't have enough of them! I can't WAIT to see all the pins from the exchange! AND.... I CAN'T wait to do this all over again this month! I sent Leah a private message to volunteer myself to run this challenge because I NEED to HAVE MORE PINS! This time we are going to follow a very loose theme.... drum roll please........ the theme is DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY, anything that has to do with winter, holidays or anything that happens during the next 3 months (since I know we all live all around the globe)!

**** I added a new video on how I use the style/actions at the end of this post. It has some cute scarecrow pins!

Just in case you have no clue about what product I am talking about that revolutionized our pin making skills, here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did you hear there is a new Enamel and RIM styles in the store? I am going to try these for this month.

[​IMG]
    OMG..!!!!! NEW PIN STYLES!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the FALL PINS!
    [​IMG]

How do I even make a pin?!
    • Install the Enamel Pin Builder Styles & actions
    • Watch the video tutorials for your program - if you are still unsure - hit me up here and I will be happy to help you out. :) . @angiekey created the following step by step instructions for those that like written instructions better. HERE (I have posted the written instructions in the second post of this thread)
    • Have an idea! If you aren't sure look up "enamel pin" on pinterest and you flooded with ideas.
    • Get creative. <3 Use shapes, your brush tool, text, etc! Use other styles to create other interesting effects.
    Remember, since this is an item that will be shared with others - if you use outside graphics they have to be CU ok.

Still unsure - watch this video!

Drawing from scratch? Watch this one!

Some of you asked me to make a video on how I USE the styles and actions, here it is!

How do I save my pin for other folks?!
    • You will want to create a new document that is 300ppi in RGB format with a transparent background.
    • Keep in mind that pins shouldn't be GIGANTIC - ideally you will want your pin to be smaller than 2 inches. (600 pixels)
    • When you save your pin be sure to save it as a .PNG file (this maintains the transparent background)
    • Save the file as username_tlp-xchange_pinname.png for example I'd save mine as mommyish_tlp-xchange_rainbow.png
    • UPLOAD HERE
    [​IMG]
    I can not wait to see what you guys come up with! NO LIMITS ON NUMBER OF PINS :D

Deadline is February 28th, 11:59pm EST

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

Since I've already got these done, I'll post first :tree The transparent enamel style with glitter looks like snow :) There are two versions of each pin - transparent and flat. You get the flat as a 'bonus' since it is created when I make the deeper rim for the transparent ones.

Dec18-pins-prev-w2.jpg

wvsandy, spenny, sthomas51004 and 2 others like this.
  3. mmbstaley

@Dalis - you need to edit the top paragraph in the first post, it still has theme instructions for the last challenge.

4. Dalis

Thanks!

mmbstaley likes this.
  5. Dalis

these are fab~

mmbstaley likes this.
  6. Dalis

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I made a few!

djp332_tlp-xchange_Christmas.png djp332_tlp-xchange_ornament.png djp332_tlp-xchange_Ponsettia.png djp332_tlp-xchange_stocking.png djp332_tlp-xchange_SantasSleigh.png

Sorry, that they're so big, but they're big things.

8. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hey people! I couldn't resist getting back into things with some pins. I am so glad this is still happening! Here are mine:

[​IMG]

wvsandy, mmbstaley, spenny and 2 others like this.
  9. mmbstaley

<3 the singing kitty. Reminds me of a card that my youngest insisted I buy for one of her friends in December :D Glad to see you playing with us again!

spenny likes this.
  10. spenny

spenny Well-Known Member

Hi !!! Hope I'm not toooo late for the Winter Addition. I have lots of Valentines Wordart Pins to share with you.
    gold-and-black-fw.jpg gold-and-pink-fw.jpg gold-w-white-fw.jpg

Dalis likes this.
  11. spenny

spenny Well-Known Member

And more ...........
    Heart-Plants-fw.jpg Valentines-Cuties-fw.jpg wordart-fw.jpg

Dalis likes this.
  12. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

Is there any place that has a step by step guide for the enamel pin builder? I've tried following videos but just can't get it.

13. Dalis

I’m out of the state right now. Not ignoring. Sorry.

14. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

If you go to the original Enamel pin styles in the store there are linked videos from Mommyish that can guide you

Enamel Pin Builder

15. gwany1999

gwany1999 Worst Cooks in America - I watch it, I live it

I've tried the videos but I just can't get it. I am looking to see if anyone has written instructions with step by step guide so I can print out and use.

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Are you using PSE 2018? If so, the actions do not work exactly right (or so it seemed to me). But you can show the action and see the steps it is attempting to do.

17. Dalis

Jennifer,
    1. What are you struggling with?
    2. Does something looks completely off?
    3. What release of PSE or CS are you using?
    4. Which of the Pin Enamels are you using? Are you using the action or styles in the package?

18. spenny

spenny Well-Known Member

I was wondering if we were going to get a new challenge as this one ended Feb 28 ????

19. Dalis

YES. I am so sorry, I totally forgot about this with the hockey pressure at the end.

20. spenny

spenny Well-Known Member

Hey Dalis, just wondering when hockey season is going to finish???