Getting/Keeping in Shape March Accountability!! JOIN US!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Mar 1, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh I got something it has to weight( pun used on purpose) until Wednesday. Maybe Tuesday night. Oh I think we are gonna have some
    A
    Count
    Ah
    Bility

BevG, LoveItScrapIt and Rikki like this.
  2. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Are you speaking of Keto fatbombs?

3. AnneofAlamo

yes! I enjoy them (sparingly). with coffee....helps me

4. JillW

It's been one month today that I started my weight loss journey. I'm down 10 pounds and 17 1/2 inches - and have to say, there were times I wanted to throw the towel in because I felt deprived of the stuff I used to eat. But I am thrilled with the results so far! I started @ 205 - and today, as my coach says, I'm in "ONE-derland" lol.
    I have cut out all soda (I used to drink one a day) and all chips and candy- I do have a homemade chocolate chip a few times a week (because my husband makes them and they are the bomb and I would really hate to disappoint him and not eat any - ha ha). I eat a lot of meat and veggies and drink about 80 ounces of water each day.
    We no longer have bread or potatoes in the house (or snack foods or candy!) - if I'm hungry I grab raw veggies or cheese.
    My current favorite is Lavish bread and pitas- I bake the bread to use crackers and I bake the pitas and use them as mini pizza crusts.
    Anyways - I applaud everyone here for making a change - just think of everything we'll have to talk about this time next year!!! <3

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  5. JillW

If I'm starving in the AM I have one with my coffee as well - and I've been putting a pad of butter in my coffee and that makes me feel fuller longer. I bought Adkins chocolate bars (YUM!) that taste like a Baby Ruth - I'm telling ya, I never thought low carb could taste so good!

keepscrappin and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@JillW Yay Jill....you are doing amazing!!!!

@AnneofAlamo I make up a batch of fatbombs here and there to freeze. I also make mug cake...do you make those Anne? Love that they are quick and easy (microwave) and low carb, and only a single serving so you can't over-eat.

Also, Lara Bars (pretty much one a day) as they have no refined sugar (use dates for sweetening).

As to your first post, Anne....I'm curious to hear about what you are teasing about :)

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

9. JillW

I made mini pizzas for dinner tonight - made from Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread. I used be able to eat 1/2 of a medium pizza - tonight I couldn't even eat one mini pita-sized pizza!
    6 net carbs in each pizza. 20190304_172450.jpg

LoveItScrapIt and Karen like this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

@JillW you are kicking it.
    I recommend cabbage hash browns too.
    One egg. Handful of shredded cabbage.
    Mix well and pour into hot pan with grease I use bacon.
    Fry on both sides until crunchy brown.

I put avacado, bacon. And cheese on top.

Also use instead of rice or mash taters for meals. Yummy

A-M likes this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I must admit that I lost 4 pounds the hard way. I have been sick since the 14th and just recently have gotten my appetite back. Now to make sure I keep it off! I'm hoping that by next week I'll have the strength to get back to the gym, but right now the extent of my activities is limited to church and running errands. I can't wait to get back being completely healthy again!

12. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

There are definitely ups and downs when it comes to getting fit and healthy... I've struggled a bit the last couple weeks making healthy food choices, but I'm back at it.

I've also struggled with motivation with run training. I have a 5 miler in a week and a half, and a 5k (Friday night)/10k (Saturday morning) the last weekend in April. I'd love to get a PR this year on all!

SOOOO.... I made a promise to myself. Run at LEAST a mile every.single.day. in March. It's cold here (Central IL). But, it's getting warmer. Last night it was 9 degrees F and I DID it! It'll be 22 degrees today, but then gets into the 30's which is perfect running weather. I'm excited to see how my running has changed by the end of the month!

Let's stay with it, ladies! Your future self thanks you for not giving up <3

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Jill - please share which kind of Adkins bars taste like Baby Ruth candy bars, so I can try them.

14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm stuck in the same weight range. I go up a couple of pounds and down a couple of pounds and really need to figure out a way to get the last 10 - 15 pounds off. I've been good about my eating when I'm teaching because I can only eat what's there, but I've found myself getting into the chips or candy in the evenings when I'm home. I need to stop buying that stuff for the kids. I also need to stop eating out on nights when I'm tired of cooking and DH is gone traveling so it's just DD and me.

15. JillW

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@AnneofAlamo last night I made the Fat Bombs you directed me to using cream cheese, peanut butter and coconut oil.... they turned out great. I like them because they are tasty but not addictive... one or two and you feel satisfied.
    So... Thankyou

17. AnneofAlamo

Oh you are so welcome!! I find them fun to make. I did some with lemon extract and frozen blueberries with cream cheese. Delightful

A-M likes this.
  18. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I am late to the party but never too late to start. I started watching my eating last week and am down 3 pounds. My goal is to continue watching what I eat and definitely drink more water. Water is my main goal for the next month.

19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’ll still be out for who knows how long - sorting out my unexplainable fatigue has to be my first priority, it wasn’t any of my normal fatigue related issues so this could take awhile to sort out

20. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Gosh I learnt something. A fat bomb. I had to google what it is. Ha ha. My journey of maintenace is challenging to say the least. 4 kg ago I was at about the weight I wanted to be. I put the breaks on the loss journey and my disabled son (my weight gain and loss trigger) was in hospital a lot and bang over 14 days lost 1.5kg. Not what I wanted but it goes to show the stress it puts me under. Now I am too low in weight and want to put a little on but in a healthy way. Stress clearly is a big factor in my life and it makes it next to impossible to work out how to find the level playing field food wise. So this week I am eating more but I feel like I am contantly bloated and infact feel like I dont stop eating. Hmmm roll on next week when I have hopefully put on some weight I can stop eating. It is so uncomfortable.