Monthly Muse Febraury 2019: Love YourSELF | Week 4: All of YOU

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Feb 25, 2019.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome to the final week of February's Muse - we are looking at LOVING YOUR SELF!

The FIRST week we looked at LOVING your BODY! There were loads of prompts in all different areas to play with. You can find that thread HERE.

Week TWO focused on GROWING your MIND which you can find HERE.

Week THREE was a good one - FEED your SOUL which is HERE.

And finally this week, we are just going to take a minute to pull it all together.

[​IMG]

Loving yourself is more than just being a high maintenance person.
    Don't get me wrong - if you love getting dressed up, having perfect makeup and beautiful hair - awesome!
    Do the things that help you feel your own worth.

However, we all need to realize that self love and self care is going to look different for each one of us. In fact, it can very well look different from day to day for each and every person. And that is OK!

For example, I rarely get my nails done. I do too much with art on a regular basis, including woodworking type activities, and I just end up chipping and breaking my nails, so I feel like what is the point. I don't want to waste the money.

HOWEVER, I will go with my sisters for a girls nail day from time to time. Why? Well, I do feel pretty when my nails are pretty, and I KNOW that I always feel more refreshed, more alive after spending a relaxing afternoon with my sisters.

The periodic care for an important part of my body -my hands- (body care) combined with the intellectual stimulation of long conversation with two brilliant people (mind care) and the relaxing time out from everyday life (soul care) makes a huge difference in my own well being.

This is TOTAL SELF CARE! When one activity can hit on loving and caring for ALL of you! And the best part for me, I am also loving on my sisters at the same time - two wonderful, overworked mamas who need all the love I can give!

1. MOOD BOARD!
    Some images and quotes that play with our theme

[​IMG]

2. Questions to ponder:
    -What activities help to nourish my entire self?
    -What are the 5 BEST things about me?
    -What are 3 GREAT things I (can) do?
    -If you overheard your best bragging about you, what would they say?
    -What are you good at helping others with?
    -What do you LOVE and ENJOY most out of life?
    -What is my biggest struggle with loving myself - ALL of myself?

3. Quotes:

-Noone is you, and THAT is your superpower!
    -Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. - Brene Brown
    -Be yourself. An original is so much better than a copy.
    -The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself. - Maya Angelou
    -You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
    -No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt
    -Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like your love yourself. Love yourself.
    -You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here. - Venus Williams
    -It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
    -In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.-Andrea Dykstra

4. Thoughts to finish:
    -I deserve LOVE because . . .
    -My BEST me is . . .
    -5 things that make me AMAZING are . . .
    -3 people that breathe life into me are . . .
    -1 good habit I can start RIGHT now that will help me better LOVE myself is . . .
    -10 things I can do to show more love to myself are . . .
    -If I had to choose one activity that would most refresh and nourish me, MIND, BODY, and SOUL it would be. . .

5. Playing with IMAGES:
    -Create a Venn Diagram with one circle for each of the areas we have covered (BODY, MIND, SOUL) each overlapping on the sides and middle.
    In case you don't remember, a Venn Diagram looks like this
    [​IMG]

-Create a bullet journaling style A-Z list about something that pertains to your life. It could be a list of awesome things - words that describe you - activities you want to do on ME dates, etc.
    -Using an image of yourself (drawing, photo, silhouette, etc.) create a page that highlights the positive things about you - body mind and soul
    -Using an image of yourself (drawing, photo, silhouette, etc.) create a SPLIT page depicting the struggle you have with loving yourself. One one side have the negatives and lies that you struggle with, or believe. On the other list or depict the TRUTHS or positives that you need to reinforce.
    -Create a Nutrition Box style page listing out the best self-care activities for you
    [​IMG]

6. Revisit an old prompt from this month:

Many people have expressed how much they have enjoyed the large variety of prompts each week so far. This is obviously a subject I collect prompts for regularly - and I do actually have more - but this week, one option I want to give you is to go back and do one of the prompts from a previous week that you wanted to do, but just did not do/finish.

If you decide to do that, please let us know which week and which prompt you are doing when you come back here to share.

We are having a snow day, so i am struggling to get my images done, but I would love to see yours!!

As always
    Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 3, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. :)

If you have any questions about the challenge then please ask away here :)

rchansen likes this.
  2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I will admit now that the theme this month has been very uncomfortable for me. My heart, and God's word, tell me that my focus is never to be on me, but on God and those He puts in my path, most especially my husband, children, and grandchildren. And in 70+ years of experience, I can say that the most authentic contentment engulfs me when those are the places I focus my attention. When I focus on me, I either experience pride or depression. It has been a fad in the World of Quotations and women's magazines to put self first. I think this is one of the major things wrong with the world--too much putting self first. I hope the pendulum soon swings back the other way.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

As always, Erin, @mimisgirl you've done so much "back work" on this Muse. Thank you for that!! Shar, @SharLamb love your page.

4. SharLamb

Thanks, Cheryl. Thinking of you, as I know this must be a difficult week. :'|

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Yes, it is. :(

6. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC for this 4th week:
    [​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  7. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Thank you for all of these wonderful challenges!
    [​IMG]

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@mimisgirl thankyou so much for this month's Monthly Muses as it has really made me look at who I am in Christ.

[​IMG]

9. SharLamb

Anne-Marie! Awesome page. Perfect. What “it” is all about. Well done.

10. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I made this for Danyale's day on Love our Designers, but it fits in here....just not eligible for prizes.

[​IMG]

11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is what I came up with. Three out of the four challenges this month tapped into the M3 September add-ons and followed a similar color scheme. Another self-imposed challenge. Thanks, Erin for all of you suggestions, ideas, prompts, research, etc., etc.

[​IMG]

AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  12. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

This is an ATC.
    [​IMG]

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This month's muse was great. Thanks for all your work putting this together.
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I believe that God does want us to take care of ourselves, just not at the expense of others, and not in way that disregards His guidance; because He truly does have our best interests at heart. This gives me much peace and freedom.

[​IMG]

15. SharLamb

Amanda! So spot on! I love your message and your heart. Cherry on the top is the beautiful page you made to express it.

16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Great Prompts For The Whole Month!...I'm Doing This A Little Bit Backwards...I Scrapped Week#1 & Week#2 But I Am Here With Week#4...I'll Get Around To Week#3 Soon...Either Way...I Found The Perfect Kit To Scrap This Week's Layout...Etc By Danyale's "Love Our Designers" "Daily Crush" Free Minis For February 26th...Her "Perspective" Kits...So I Scrapped This Week's Layout First...

*For My I Am Me Layout-I Used-Perspective-Mini-Part2-Etc By Danyale

[​IMG]

17. Cherylndesigns

I took a bit of a "mind over matter" approach. I found this quote about aging in our minds and went with that.

[​IMG]

18. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Loved this quote I found on pinterest. Thought it'd be fun to add some word strips to go along with the quote. Thanks for the weekly challenges...I have loved playing along!!
    [​IMG]

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I decided to answer this prompt. And yay! Now I've completed my first month of Monthly Muses! :happydance2

[​IMG]

blueberries likes this.
  20. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I'm SO excited I finished the last 4 weeks and I'm believe I may be hooked now :funfun

[​IMG]