Welcome to LOVE Our Designers!!

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by lmccandless, Feb 11, 2019.

1. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea... My only comment is you need to put it out there... I was in here very late last night an could not find anything.. today I found a link at the end of the end of MOC conversation thread... for the record I almost never get Lilypad emails.. except from Lynne,Paula and Elin who I subscribe to... Perhaps it will be mentioned tonight when Wednesday 50% off things are up? Like other s I have been waiting for this to start, but only come to the site when I need to.. an email in my in box is a good reason to visit the site... trying to recover from all the things left undone in my life during MOC, I am ignoring all sites at the moment... So glad to have found this... looking forward to it...

2. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

OK... I think I have skimmed through all the posts here.. .but a question has come to mind... and I don't think I saw it addressed??? So for each days designer, do we have to use all their products, or can we use other designers, thrown in and does the normal rule of 75% Lily pad apply...

3. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Woot! Woot! There is always a let down after a fun event like MOC... so this is perfect to keep the scrapping mojo going! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

It's an excellent reason to try a few new-to-me designers!

tinkerbell1112 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  5. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

I can’t wait to share the designer I’ve worked with! I’ve never scrapped with her products before and I tell ya its been so much fun. This is such a great way to road test designers you’d not normally try out, not because you don’t like them but because we tend to stick with our faves, well at least I do! Its been cool broadening my horizons so to speak! hehe

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

ALso is their a secret to hashtagging on pinterest? I hashtagged my layout and when I search the hashtags only 3 layouts show. Which is weird to me, I would think there would be more layouts tagged this and my layout which is tagged does not appear...:dizzy

8. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

I just put mine up on Pinterest.. when I typed the hashtag into 'search'.. it did nothing... so I went to my board and clicked on the hashtag.. 5 came up including mine...
    Maybe Pinterest is not that popular? :huh
    (I do not use FB for my scrapbooking and I'm not on Instagram.. so for me there is only Pinterest)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. Bagheertje

I received the Lilypad NL with the first mention of this challenge at 4.10 am this morning (I live in Europe).
    When I came to my computer at 10 am this morning, and read my mails, I hurried to the site.. but of course I was already too late for the promotion! Because of my job I can't be on my computer everyday to check the site... :(
    It is now 12.35 and there is nothing posted for the 13th... although in the US it is now also the 13th...

So I wonder at what time the challenges are posted... because I don't want to miss the promotions for the next challenges...

10. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I think I've confirmed my humanity and clicked on so many store fronts & traffic lights this morning to ensure I'm signed up for everyone's newsletters that I might go mad. LOL. Didn't know my humanity was in that much of question. haha

Karen, Sokee and cinderella like this.
  11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This is being done just like MOC where a Polly is being the Host, so it would depend on where they live as far as when it would be posted Live.

cfile likes this.
  12. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I love this! I wish I could play along, but I'm going on VACATIONNNNN for the first time in possibly ever. I'll be playing along inside my heart, lol.

michelepixels likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Today's is up!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is a much more laid back type of scrapping challenge. No rules really other than following the gallery rules:

GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

So, just use whatever moves you from the designer that is being featured for that day. Mix in what you like and make a great layout. :)

bjc likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I type in #tlplod (or #TLPLOD) I have 5 layouts come up. None of them are from your gallery @weaselwatchr , not sure why. But I do see yours @Bagheertje . I'm not sure what the difference is without seeing your original post Danica.

16. Bagheertje

I tried again to use the hashtag in 'search' and this time it worked. :agree
    I follow @marijke and I saw she also uploaded to Pinterest, but her LO doesn't show in the list either! :think

bestcee likes this.
  17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Oh! :D Thank you for this clarification. I mistakenly thought we had to only use the day's designer and I was a bit concerned about being able to do make something good with just Bella Gypsy because I mostly only have elements from them; very, very few papers. Possibly zero solid papers! (And I have no money to buy anything right now.)

I really want to participate and I'm thinking about it several times a day but have been busy. I think today I might be able to do both BG and FDD and maybe even the tech slow scrap tonight! :D

Edited to say: Oh my gosh! I do have papers, including solid papers, from Bella Gypsy! I don't know why I thought I didn't. Most of my BG stuff is from previous stores; maybe that's why I haven't used it much, except when I'm specifically looking for a star or heart or something like that and the search results always include BG stuff.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Sokee, bestcee and Karen like this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I never use Pinterest. I think I found a place to put the hashtag, but when I searched for it my layout didn't appear in the results. Where should I be putting the hashtag?

Here's where I uploaded my BG layout just now:
    https://www.pinterest.com/michelepixels/digi-scrapping/

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i have been traveling and this is the first time i had time to go to TLP. i am sorry i missed a few days but if i understand the directions i can do any designers posted any day, just wont get the freebie? is that correct. and as for posting on fb or instagram i am wondering if my acct is private does the hashtag still put my layout in the hashtag group for you to see? do you have to do it the day that designer is featured or can it be any day? sorry for all the questions. i am actually away for a month so will try to scrap when i can. love the idea about learning and trying to use a variety of designers.

20. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

more questions? is the 30% off that is mentioned in the designer post only for that day? and also it says freebie in newsletter but the link to the freebie doesnt work. does that mean you have to have the newsletter? i just subscribed will i get it today to use? and are we posting our layouts in the designers page or is there a separate love the designer place to post ?