Music|Pad Patter 2.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 11, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What's your favorite music? What are you jammin' out to?

Around here, the music of choice varies depending on what we are doing and who picked it out!
    Munchkin's favorite song: Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots followed by Ed Sheeran. If I'm picking it's been soundtracks lately while we do school. I've really enjoyed the ebb and flow of the Marvel soundtracks. In the car, we let it scan until a song comes on we want to hear. So, that could be anything!

How about you? What are you jammin' out or singing along with?

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't listen to much music but when I do it is either old school... 60's/70's or Rick Springfield from the 80's. In the 90's I listened to country all the time and that is still my preferred genre with Oak Ridge Boys still a favorite. Saw them in concert in December... pretty good considering their ages! But my absolute favorite these days is another country group that sings a cappella... Home Free. Saw them in concert in November and it was awesome!

I have a hard time with most music because the instruments drown out the vocals which is why I love Home Free. No instruments!

Guess you could say I like music that I can understand the words :)

3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Right this minute I've got Bruce singing Dancing in the Dark on Pandora. In general, my music tastes are very eclectic - show tunes, Cole Porter, classic rock, 80's & 90's, classical, Jimmy Buffett, just about anything except country.

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

well, I'm always listening to some music, but lately I keep letting my radio apps choose it for me - but always some kind of rock. Old songs, new songs, whatever plays at the moment.
    I like spotify a lot, cause if you choose one song, you can find different versions of it, sometimes recorded by another great artists and I' ve never heard before.

I like the Virgin radio app...always cool rock songs too!
    and also Radio.garden, where you can find radio streams from all over the world, it's really amazing!

5. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I mostly listen to music on the weekends when I'm driving into a nearby town which takes me 45 minutes. I usually just scan through the stations and find something. It just depends on my mood. Sometimes I listen to the popular music station, other times the Christian station. My faves are Lauren Daigle, Hollyn, Sarah Reeves...and Twenty One Pilots is on a lot in the car because my kids love it.

6. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I have a wide range of musical likes...looking through my Spotify playlist I have everything from The BeeGees to Metallica to John Denver to Twenty-One Pilots to Chicago to Dan + Shay to Tom Petty to Tears For Fears to Foo Fighters to Queen to Bruno Mars to Duran Duran...etc. Lots of 70s music!! I was a teenager in the 80s and it's my least favorite music (with a few exceptions). I love my playlist!!

IntenseMagic, Ferdy and blueberries like this.
  7. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'll listen to almost anything - alternative, industrial, ambient & atmospheric, disco, 80's new wave and punk, electronica, prog rock, old school/outlaw/honky tonk country (you can keep the new stuff, thanks), bluegrass, classical, stuff from the middle east or eastern Europe ... well you get the idea. Currently been listening to a ton of Aimee Mann, Love and Rockets, Waylon Jennings, Queens of the Stone Age - and yeah, always, always Nine Inch Nails/anything from Trent Reznor.

rchansen likes this.
  8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I don't think I have any favourites, other than restful and calm.

I'm normally listening to whatever is going on around me. The children are either practising for musicals, choirs or orchestra, and hubby plays the piano, drums and clarinet. So when I'm not alone there is plenty of music. Sometimes I need earplugs though.

When I'm alone, I like it quiet.

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This sounds exactly like my playlist! And we have radio station here that is eclectic like that. The other night in the car they played Devil Went Down to GA followed by some rap song LOL.
    I'm all over the place, except I don't really care for bluegrass.
    Last night while I was cooking, I was in the kitchen jamming to some 70's rock! It was awesome!

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Quiet - I like quiet at home. Right now my electronic slaves the washer and drier are busy working and they make nice productive sounds.

In the car, I alternate between KLove (Christian) and a classic Rock channel. If a song comes on I don't like or if they start into the commercials, I switch channels. If it gets really bad, I have CDs I play instead.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Bluegrass Junction! It keeps me calm as I drive around the DMV (District, Maryland, Virginia). We've crazy drivers here. On Sunday they play Southern Gospel. Every once in a while I'll listen to another station, but nothing with commercials. I hate commercials!

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i pretty much always have the radio or spotify on (or an audiobook in my ears) to drown out the sounds of lawn maintenance that the people in this street seem to have to do all the time
    back from shops now and trying to slow down to actually scrap something (i think like the 2nd or 3rd page since MOC - it feels like forever!) and i like acoustic stuff or acappella for that - one of my fave acoustic groups is Boyce Avenue - they're covers are good for the car too b/c they substitute some of the unsavoury lyrics prevalent in music these days, like they used to do in Glee

Ferdy likes this.
  13. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I listen to all kinds of music. I do not like rap. I grew up on country music. I love 80's and 90's country music and some of the current stuff too. Classic rock is something we all like and it is on often when we are all here. My son loves hard rock but the craziest thing he listens to are military cadences and they drive me nuts.

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I’m such a creature of habit. When I choose to listen to music right now it’s still my “upbeat music playlist” I made over a year ago. It’s almost exclusively Pentatonix and Superfruit, several Fall Out Boy songs, a couple from Queen, and about 3 1980’s songs.

I’ve been listening to music less lately though, usually choosing podcasts instead.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love a lot of varieties of music... but I don't love any of my local radio stations. They never play anything new and it's annoying! Currently I'm into musicals. I've been switching between Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Wicked and Hamilton. I love them all so much! I also have an "Island" playlist on Spotify that my hubby made that has an awesome mix of Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, reggae, etc. I also heard a David Grey song on my trial version of XM yesterday and it reminded me how much I love his music too.

16. Ferdy

I love Boyce Avenue! they came to Brazil a few times but I couldn't go to their concert.... have you ever listened to Postmodern jukebox ? they have really good versions of famous music, but in a big band/jazz feel...
    and Pentatonix, another great cover group...check them on youtube, Justine!

sthomas51004 likes this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I've been leaning toward country lately (well I guess Country Pop). Which is weird because I was never a fan of country. I seem to have anything Kacey Musgraves on these days ... and was thrilled to see her win Album of the Year for Golden Hour - which I listen to so much my daughter says it gives her a migraine now! :giggle

sthomas51004 likes this.
  18. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

My artist to follow is Matt Nathanson-my fav new song is Used to be. I listen to Siriux XM in the car and home. I also enjoy the recent country.

19. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

Postmodern Jukebox is awesome!

Ferdy likes this.
  20. Ferdy

I love their versions, some of them are even better than the original ones!

sthomas51004 likes this.