Monthly Muse Febraury 2019: Love YourSELF | Week 2: Grow Your Mind

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Feb 11, 2019.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome to week 2 of LOVING YOUR SELF!
    Last week we looked at Loving your BODY! THere were loads of prompts in all different areas to play with. You can find that thread HERE.

This week we are going to look at
    GROW YOUR MIND!

[​IMG]

Our minds really are such an amazing place.
    So much of who we are starts in our mind, and how we think about and see not only ourselves, but the world around us.

I have lived in a LOT of places, and one thing that saddens me the most is how people come to believe that minds are static - especially once we reach a certain age.

It is just NOT TRUE!
    Our minds are capable of continuing to learn and grow, and even change, long after our bodies start to give out. We just have to be willing to cultivate.

We also have to be willing to learn about and KNOW ourselves.
    That can be a scary thing. So many people I know just go through life reacting to the world, and not really knowing why they do what they do. It does not have to be this way.

Because the mind is such an intricate and complicated thing, this week's prompts will go in a number of different directions. The key thing that pulls these altogether is the idea of knowing and growing.

Feel free to read through the prompts and chose one or more that speaks to you. You can combine ideas, take them apart, or come up with your own.
    It is entirely up to you!

1. MOOD BOARD!
    Some images and quotes that play with our theme
    [​IMG]

2. Questions to ponder:
    -How well do I know myself? Take some time to ponder who you are, how you work, and what you really want in life. What can I share about my personality, how my mind works, or anything else I learn?

-What activities help me to grow my mind? Is it reading a book, taking a class, trying something new?

-What limiting beliefs do I have about myself? How can I counter them?

-What is an area of my life I could use help with and are there resources I could utilize to get assistance?

-What is something that I am working on BELIEVING I deserve?

-Are there certain things/people in my life I could CUT OUT that would help me to function better? Why do I still hold on to them?

-What is one choice I can make RIGHT NOW that my future self will thank me for?

-What is my WILDEST LIFETIME GOAL and how can I actually achieve it?

3. MORE Quotes:
    Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It is sanity.” – Katrina Mayer

"You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -Martin Luther King Jr.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you. -Maya Angelou

“What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when you bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen.”
    - Henry David Thoreau

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – Buddha

“Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.” – Thaddeus Golas

4. Thoughts to finish:
    -I am most thankful for . . .
    -I forgive myself for . . .
    -Activities that boost my mental function and lift my mood the most are . . .
    -I need to forgive myself for . . .
    -FIVE things I am really good at include . . .
    -The THREE best decisions I ever made were . . .
    -The best advice I did NOT follow was . . .
    -FOUR things I am afraid of are . . .
    -I deserve happiness RIGHT NOW because . . .
    -TEN things that bring me peace are . . .

5. Playing with IMAGES:
    -Create your own brain map or mind map showing us how you believe your brain works.

Look HERE for some ideas on this - it is a lot of fun!

[​IMG]

-Make a graph or chart showing something you have learned about yourself.
    [​IMG]

-Using an image of a person (photographs or drawings - yourself or not) show us what labels, negative or positive you assign yourself.

[​IMG]

-Create a PLAN or GOAL Sheet on how you can grow your mind over the next three months.

-Create a "Subway art" style page of positive affirmations you would like to see daily-OR- of all the "Things You KNOW"

-Create a sign using color and a list that is important to you.
    [​IMG]

-Show us your TRIBE or PEOPLE that you can always depend on when things go wrong. What do you most appreciate about them.

6. Other journaling ideas:
    -Write a letter to your mental illness telling it that it DOES NOT define you.

-Think of something in your life you want to improve, and figure out what you can do to take a step in the right direction.

-Write a PEP TALK full of TRUTH for the next time you feel sad, lonely, depressed, or whatever you struggle with.

-If you have negative thoughts that spiral out of control - Share them - and then make a list of 2 or more thoughts that counter each of the thoughts you identified.

-Do I have an untold story? Something that worries me, keeps me up at night, or otherwise keeps my mind occupied? Express such a story on a page - either in words or images. Getting it out will help ease your mind.

Again, these prompts will keep me busy for a while - but here is what I have done so far.

This one is more traditional - and is a list of 5 things I LOVE about myself - mostly pertaining to my mind -
    [​IMG]

and this one with a list of things I want to remind myself of regularly
    [​IMG]

I guess I was in a listing mood this week - I can't wait to see what you do.

As always
    Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 3, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. :)

If you have any questions about the challenge then please ask away here :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    A-M likes this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Wow you hit this challenge out of the park in the League of Challenges!

mimisgirl likes this.
  3. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Super-duper challenge Erin! need to have a think about this one! thanks for all of the thoughts and quotes! and oh, you may like to change the date.:giggle unless we need to learn how to time travel back to last year...... which is something I really don't want to do!!!!!!!!!!!! 2018 was the pits for me!!!!!! :rofl:rofl

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Here is my page which I enjoyed putting together.
    [​IMG]

AJK and mimisgirl like this.
  5. mimisgirl

oh my word!!

well last week was like that too - if that tells you how my life is going - LOL!!! and no - i don't want a repeat either!

wombat146 likes this.
  6. mimisgirl

aww - thank you! it has been so fun to make these this month!

AJK likes this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

OMG! All of those ideas made my head hurt @mimisgirl. I agree with Amanda, you hit this one out of the park.

And on that note, here is my lowly contribution...

[​IMG]

8. mimisgirl

sorry!! The idea was to have enough that everyone could find something they liked. - i *might* have had a little extra time to think about this one , lol.

AJK and mcurtt like this.
  9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

ME TOOO!!!! This new year's dawning meant something significant to me- I don't recall that ever happening. I was so happy to see it come.

blueberries and wombat146 like this.
  10. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

This was rather therapeutic for me. I've had a sick little girl with croup this past week and as I sit on the couch all night long with her laying on my chest I see/think of all the things that I really NEED to be doing, but don't have the time. Then during the day when I somehow manage to have the time I have NO energy.

[​IMG]

mimisgirl likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Loved this challenge! I did a little sketch of my own and used one of the examples as inspiration. Great fun finding the words for the message to my thought life!
    [​IMG]

12. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

A commitment to a whole new way of life begins in the mind. And I came full circle, because my journaling is about the new ideas in prevention of dementia/Alzheimer's...also, the brain. Thank you for the thought-provoking challenge (oh, yeh...the brain again!)
    [​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for a fabulous Muse this week. Here's a page about things to think/focus on.
    [​IMG]

14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Wonderful art journaling challenge
    [​IMG]

15. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

16. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Inspired by one of the cards on the mood board...

[​IMG]

blueberries likes this.
  17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Here's one I did for a Tangie Baxter challenge several years ago.
    InMyHead.jpg

18. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Here's the new one.
    [​IMG]

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for another wonderful challenge, Erin.

[​IMG]

20. mimisgirl

@wvsandy I remember doing a LOT of them for one of Tangie's Caravans a while back - they were soooo fun!! - and I really like that one you shared! Thank you!

wvsandy likes this.