February Style Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2019 Challenges' started by Justagirl, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Hi Everyone, Wow how much fun was MOC this year? I can’t believe how everyone powered through the Jan challenges and now we’re all ready to be inspired by the February ones! This month I’m hosting the HEART IT |Style Challenge. Because Valentines falls in the month of February, I thought why not make a page that celebrates the people, pets, places and things in our life that get that ticker of ours fluttering. I can’t think of a better way to do that than by creating a page that has a huge big love filled HEART, smack bang in the centre of our page!

CHALLENGE CRITERIA:
    • Create a project that showcases a REALLY BIG HEART as the main element of which is placed or situated in the centre of the design. (You can add extra hearts but make sure your page still has that one LARGE HEART as the dominant feature in your design.)
    • Some ways to make your HEART stand out. Try filling it with coordinating pattern papers, play around with a collage of photo’s or place lots of different elements that help tell your story. Alternatively you could use paint to define the heart shape or leave it one solid colour. Whatever takes your fancy, go for it! Just make sure that Heart remains the dominant shape within your page.

I’m so lucky to share my life with this kind and cute man. I needed a way to represent how much he makes my heart flutter, so I stacked a few dimensional paper hearts to show him exactly how much I luvs him!
    (Note: Each heart represents an infinite number of hearts, so thats pretty big right? hehe)

For extra inspiration I have put together a HEART IT | PINTEREST BOARD which has tonnes of great ideas to inspire your pages.

For Valentines products check out this months BYOC CATEGORY you’ll find it bursting with heart inspired goodness. Also check out the VALENTINES HOLIDAY CATEGORY in the TLP store or alternatively SHOP BY THEME and find tonnes of inspiration in there too.

Remember our monthly challenge rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the FEBRUARY Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and also add it to this thread so we can all like it and leave some loving.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to see your loved up HEART pages in the gallery!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love your inspiration page, Em! Wonderful challenge for February!

Justagirl likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Justagirl that is a great page to inspire us.

Justagirl likes this.
  4. Justagirl

Ooh fantastic so glad you like this challenge and find my page an inspiration you’ve made my day TY x. I can’t wait to see your artwork!

Thank you so much Anne-Marie I took forward to seeing your beautiful page :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

wonderful challenge :)

Justagirl likes this.
  6. CarolynJoyce77

What does this mean and how/where do I do it?

Justagirl likes this.
  7. Justagirl

Hi Carolyn and welcome to the February challenges Style thread. So what ya do is after you have completed a page for the Style challenge and shared it in the TLP Gallery you will then share it here in this thread so we can all click on it and leave you some lovin’ and of course swoon over your artwork.

Then you’ll also go over to the >>> February Challenge Layout Thread and save a spot there by replying to the thread. This is your personal spot that can be edited every time you need to update it with a completed challenge page. That way at the end of the month we can easily tally all your pages and give you the correct %OFF coupon for completing the challenges.

If you get stuck don’t hesitate in asking for help we will get you all sorted in no time :)

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the challenge

Doramiyi and Justagirl like this.
  9. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Fantastic challenge Em. I'll be back. Here's what I came up with @Justagirl
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Justagirl likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

11. Justagirl

AWESOME can’t wait to see what masterful niece of art you create hunnie!

12. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

13. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

The new templates from Fiddle-Dee-Dee were perfect for this challenge. Thanks for the push Em.

[​IMG]

garrynkim, MrsPeel and Justagirl like this.
  15. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

16. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Love Hearts
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

This is not my usual style at all, but I thought it was fun to incorporate the painted edges (along the cutout that you can't really see too well), the paper strips, and the elements on a path from MOC 7.
    [​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the fun challenge. I scrapped my dog, Daisy.

[​IMG]

Justagirl likes this.
  20. CarolynJoyce77

Here is mine :) many thanks for a truly wonderful inspiration.
    [​IMG]

sthomas51004 and Justagirl like this.