Do you ever... | Pad Patter 1.27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 27, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Do you ever get it in your head to do something, get less than halfway through, and regret that you ever started? :giggle

Yep, that's my weekend. I had an old desk in my office that Chance wanted/needed in his room, so we started clearing shelves and drawers in that one and the one in his room to switch them. UGH what a mess. We're pretty much done now, but it has really eaten in to my scrapping and relaxing time this weekend!

[​IMG]

2. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I did that last week with my crafting shelves. All I wanted was to dust and next thing I knew I had stuff scattered halfway across the dining room.

I'll see your Ryan and raise you a Chris ...

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic and bellbird like this.
  3. ellasspace

ellasspace But I still wear the red nose for fun

I rarely do, but my husband can not sit still for the life of him and is always dragging me into his projects somehow. One thing I am thankful for with his concussion is down time, because I’m getting some now too! He’s actually good for me though he keeps me moving.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Oh yeah! Like when I get these crazy ideas that its time to clean the basement. I get halfway through and then start thinking what a stupid idea this was-------of course with everything in a shambles that I now have to straighten up!!!!:banghead

weaselwatchr and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

That's pretty much the story of my life.

lmccandless and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This is hilarious, Jan... I do this ALL THE TIME. The difference is I tend to have half-finished projects all over the house. Just yesterday, my hubs looked at a karaoke machine (complete with stand and 3 mics) that is hanging out in the foyer (because I was cleaning out the corner it normally lives in) and asked if that was its new permanent place :rofl ... ummm... patience, man... it's only been next to the front door for a week :giggle

LoveItScrapIt, A-M and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

There are certain things (like what you described) where I do this. Our basement needs to be organized, but I lose interest in it after an hour or two. Or sorting through clothes, ugh. I keep saying I'm going to make a list of things to chip away at and do one or two a week, but I haven't done that either, lol. At work I frequently come back to things with a fresh set of eyes and perspective.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Well...I'm writing this while on a break from putting picture frames on the wall. I have been putting off this project for too long. (We've lived here like 4 years!) But I am already over the measuring and leveling and hammering and am now wondering why I started lol!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, my whole house clean out. Multi-year project!

All started with the basement over 5 years ago. It's been slow going but considering every thing that was down there I knew it would take awhile. Have to say though that my part of cleaning it out is done. Over the last several years, stuff has been sold, donated or trashed.

Next step is in progress as my neighbor and his buddy are tearing all the walls down my dad put up 30 years ago. There is a possibility of mold behind one of them so that needs to be checked out. They have gotten a lot done but there is still a lot to do.

There are several other projects in the pipeline and hopefully all will be done by the end of 2021. But those are projects I will have to hire out so cannot all be done at once. A couple cannot be done until other things are done (basement things).

I found on the final push of the basement before they could start the work was that having that list of what needed to be done was the only way to do it. I got overwhelmed when I got down there and trying to think what needed done. Once I had the list, I could focus and it got done faster!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yep oh yep & if it makes you feel any better , that's how majority of the weekend has gone here too -desks & bookshelves & toycupboards, oh my!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Yup... that was me halfway through the kids switching rooms this summer before our son left for college. Clara's room was on the second floor and Graham's was in the basement :dizzy The switch eventually got done... but Clara still has a pile of **crud** to go through in the guest room.... just shutting the door for now.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

OH gosh, I love all these stories!! And I'm so glad I'm not alone!!
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Ug yes! I hate when I get a weird organizing itch and end up with a room that looks like a tornado went through, and no energy to fix it all. Glad you got your project about done!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

15. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

unfortunately yes!! I started painting some frames to do a project for my wall, and they are laying on the corner of the sofa looking at me right now as I type this post.
    and I have no idea when I'm gonna finish it...

and I started to watch Marie Kondo's show on Netflix, and I want to declutter my life! maybe one day...lol

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

you too? I just say that it has to get worse before it gets better! Although I will say it is an effective strategy for me to "start to fix" something. Really I can't fix anything, so it means that I disassembled it and can't put it back together. Then it forces my husband to replace it! So HE certainly regrets when I start projects...

I usually lose steam when I have to sort through or organize things too. Outgrown clothes, junk mail that you know there is ONE important thing in, my desk, cleaning out my pantry and cupboards, etc. Real cleaning isn't so bad because I can see the progress.

This weekend I got caught up trying to print my last 2018 book, and missed out on a lot of MOC scrapping time! But I powered through and got the shutterfly sale!

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

At least you got started! I have a few organizing projects I've been putting off. Maybe I'll get to them when MOC is done! :tu

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YEEEE-UP!
    [​IMG]
    I've been trying to pace myself better the last three months. I tend to get a TON of projects lined up and am excited about them. But then the big project drags on and... this can be really difficult if it creates a mess, because dyslexia can cause confusion in sorting. Sometimes I have to scream a bit and then wait 20 minutes til my ciircuits come back online LOL!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Not the dungeon. Once you enter the dungeon you will never return. Yeah our basement is a mess. Hubby has been visiting his mom and stepmom and whenever her comes back he always brings stuff back with him. Just say no I tell him. There is a reason why they didnt want that stuff!
    [​IMG]

20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Generally, no but I do currently have all of the Christmas ornaments in a laundry basket in the basement because one of my kids had a "crisis" in the middle of putting them away and I haven't gotten back to it yet. See also the stacks of important (bills + special take-home things from school) papers that are sitting next to the laundry basket of Christmas ornaments.

IntenseMagic likes this.