Super easy pocket letter - Tutorial

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Rikki, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

EminePala_Art, jenn mccabe and Kat like this.
  2. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

This is great! Thanks for the templates too! I have some I've made and adjusted as I go but they never print just right. Do you ever have issues with the papers printing "off"? Sometimes my printer pushes the page lower than it should and I end up with one row of my pocket papers too short. lol. These are really fun to do.

Rikki likes this.
  3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This is awesome Rikki!! Totally going to grab that template!
    How fun to see you used some of the fabric I sent you!
    I too love doing these exchanges!! Such a fun way to get to know each other better!

Rikki likes this.
  4. Rikki

@Kat I usually save my ready page as a .pdf file and print as actual size and it works out ok. The cards alaways are a bit smaller than the original format - I still haven't figured out why that is, but as long as the difference is not that big, I don't worry about it too much.

Kat likes this.
  5. Rikki

The fabric fit so well into my color scheme and on this card, it was spooky, :)

6. Kat

Okay, I'll try that. For now I moved my template all together so they are basically like one large long pocket, lol. I do struggle with getting the size just right but as long as they fit, then a little off means homemade which is the goal really. :)

Rikki likes this.
  7. Rikki

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

This is such an awesome idea for a blog post - and BONUS on giving us a template to use for easy printing! I'm linking this in the Lilypad Letter Threads going forward! :bk

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I used your template for the April exchange, Rikki. I click "fit to size" on my printer before I print it out. Then, because I print mine on heavy paper, I have to "give it a nudge" to get it started so that it won't have that gap at the top like Kat @Kat mentioned. Then, I cut all nine out with my cutter, and attach them to a perfect ACT size piece of cardboard. I actually have some corrugated paper that I use, but heavy cardstock would also work. That makes them the perfect size. Then I add whatever I want to add to each of them. Hope this helps.

I LOVE having these and thank you so much, Rikki!! @Rikki

Rikki likes this.
  10. Kat

I've been using it exclusively and love it too...
    I did move the pockets slightly closer together and I don't even have to hit fit to page anymore.
    Then I created a second layer for my background pockets for the other side. It's working so well.

The only thing I want to figure out now is how to get them to cut with the silhouette (the cards themselves) and ideally how to print them two sided on one sheet of paper. They don't line up well at the moment. It would help the pockets be thinner for mailing which is more of an issue for the international ones I think.

Rikki likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Thanks so much. For a non paper girl I needed some ideas on how to make these look more "hybrid-y" lol

Rikki likes this.
  12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We have also used some paper flowers and paper buttons from my old paper scrapping days. Washi tape on the side is fun. And it is fun to shop for cute paper clips, embroidered flowers, little post-it like tags, etc.

Rikki likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's a good idea to move the pockets closer together, too, Kat. I'm going to use it again this time, too. I love having that template!