January 2019-Accountability Thread!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 1, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Resolutions are for quitters!
    We are not quitters! We are determined and encouraging!

I got on the scale Christmas day Night (dumb) and found I had gained 13 pounds in ONE month!
    I cried. Then got up in the morning, and walked 3 hard miles! hard, sweating and felt like poo poo.
    Next day, again! This time I ran 2 of the 3 miles, and by the 3rd day, back running 3 miles and walking one!
    Today, I got on scale and lost 14 pounds in 7 days! It was all surface crapola weight. It came off quick and I am at my goal maintain.

UNTIL 2019!

I am going for a 10 pound lost by 1 March. Anyone want to jump in with me!??!

Heidi Nicole, djp332, Chippi and 4 others like this.
  2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Sure! Three pounds a month is quite reasonable. I need to weight myself in the morning and see how much damage I've done over the holiday season. I've got one more week of vacation before I head back to school.

Your health/weight loss journey has been amazing and so inspiring!! Here's to a great 2019.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

I’m in!! I love that rather than get upset with the weight gain and make everything worse you got back to it and turned it around!!

I’m aiming for 20lbs down by March 1 but I have a LOT to lose :)

4. AnneofAlamo

If I am no cheat Keto, I can lose 2 pounds a week, but I am going for real living weight loss. I do plan on exercising a lot more! Toning right now is important. I am hitting crunches pretty hard.
    Jem, last Feb, I was 248 pounds. Miserable. I lost 50 pounds (sad to say, it was the 2nd time in 5 years I had lost that same 50 pounds). No more. I am living a life of healthy! Aim for 10 and be ecstatic when you lose 20! I will be here cheering you on!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am in!!! I haven't done too bad, but not great either. I did indulge a bit here and there over the holidays and there are a few extra pounds hanging around to prove it. I joined a "Maintain don't Gain" challenge at work in November. We weighed in and if by Jan 9th I am within 2 pounds of where I was, I'll earn a prize. Right now I'm 2.6 pounds up from November... I need to get at least one pound off to win my prize! I'll be exercising today and most importantly, I'm dumping all the leftover junk food in our house today too! People came to visit and brought all manner of treats and then they LEFT THEM HERE!!! Argh! It's so hard not to eat that yummy stuff when it's looking me in the face!

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm in for 2019. It's going to be tough, I'm trying to give myself small goals to start.

Karen likes this.
  7. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

I'm in, I had lost about 40 lbs, but have packed on at least 1/2 since coming back from vacation in July. My goal will be 20 lbs by March. My goal right now is little steps, try to move more and get back to drinking more water during the day, although it's always hard for me in cold weather. Here's to a healthier me in 2019!

Karen likes this.
  8. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

I hear you, after everyone leaves most of it gets dumped, because if it's there I'll eat it.

Karen likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’ve been given 3 months to lose weight by family - doesn’t matter how much, just that I need to have lost some weight. Debating on doing weight watchers just for the weekly accountability side of things but the cost after the first 3 months is putting me off plus I haven’t heard a ton of success stories from people with PCOS. I have til Monday to decide as that’s when the promo for 50% off for 3 months ends.

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well, since Thanksgiving, I have gained 2 pounds, most of it was this past week when we were traveling and stuff. So my January goals are:
    - 8 glasses water a day
    - no food after 8pm
    - no sweets
    - walk 10,000 steps per day
    - sleep 8 hours a night

By March 1, I would love to lose 10 pounds that I know are gone forever.

11. AnneofAlamo

I am just so proud of all ya'll for jumping in with me! We are gonna rock our scales!! Down!! lol

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Anne, I'm in that same "Holiday scale" problem, except I ignored it while I had family in town. Now that they're gone, I have to face real life! :imok

I am a good water drinker (not bragging, just saying that water is basically the one thing I don't need to worry about lol/col). My goals for this month are:
    1. Walk 3 days/week.
    2. No eating after 7pm.
    3. Do yoga 3 days/week. (Basically I'll have one day off per week from a scheduled workout.)
    4. Lose 10 lbs but don't constantly weigh myself.

13. AnneofAlamo

that is huge!
    I don't eat after 4pm anymore...it makes a huge difference!

Tree City likes this.
  14. Tree City

May I ask how you decided on 4pm? Also...what time do you eat dinner? (Is it okay to ask that? Ignore this if you don't want to answer any of this lol! You've piqued my curiosity!) We usually have dinner around 5:30, so I figure I'll eat dinner and be DONE with food for the night...but I figured that saying "no food after 7pm" gives us time to have a late dinner or to have a little snack if we watch a show with the kids. Anyway, my (long) point is that I don't think I could stop eating at 4. DS is barely home from school lol!

15. AnneofAlamo

@Tree City
    you can ask me anything, I am an open book. I am an early riser, and we eat dinner at 430, but I don't. I eat a big dunch...lol dinner/lunch of greens and meat (protein) at 2pm and have a snack at 330 with coffee. I make dinner and sit with the family, laughing and such. I usually take a portion of the meat they are having and save for my dunch the next day.
    If I get a munchie, I have a glass of water or an atkins shake.

Cherylndesigns and Tree City like this.
  16. Tree City

@AnneofAlamo you seem like an open book but I still felt like I was pestering you with questions lol! :) I don't have a "dunch," as you call it, but I do try to eat a bigger lunch and a small dinner. DH is our home's chef, and so it feels disrespectful not to eat dinner he prepares. It also seems like a waste cuz he's GOOD at it! If I cooked then it would be different--it would be easy to do what you do and just sit and laugh with my family while they ate. But maybe I can work up to an earlier "no food after ____" rule. But it probably couldn't be 4. I'd pass out by like 7 ROFL!

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  17. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@AnneofAlamo , I am game to jump in with you!
    I would like to lose some weight... do more exercising... eat less sweet things.....
    Why don't you start a monthly chart for those who really want to be accountable and each day we say we have achieved something towards our goal - whether it be exercise or eating better that day - you put a tick ( or a smiley face )beside our name for that day of the month.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  18. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I have gained back half of what I lost (34 lbs is what I lost) two years ago, and it all went directly to my chin and tummy. I'm happy now, and less motivated that when I was going through the death of my Mom, two cousins, and marital issues that nearly did us in. I need to find a way to be motivated because I need to, not as a way to feel better, ya know?

19. AnneofAlamo

I do one in my bullet journal, well in my daily list. Treadmill or walk the mountain. and water intake big items for me

Finding that want to, is the hardest part to me. I had a doc tell me I was killing myself, an EMT (taking my special needs son away due to aggression) tell me I needed to take care of me. Two strangers caring more about me than I was. It was an eye opener for me.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am meaning a chart here for us all to have our names added to so we can all encourage each other.