Organizing your PL stash

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by berniek, Dec 16, 2018.

1. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

So with the end of the year and being like moooonths behind on my PL2018, I am planning the next year. I want to tackle 2019. Let's hope I can.

I am thinking about the products I want to use.
    I have 2 full years of MPM products and 1 Storyteller. Plus like so many random packs of cards and elements that work perfectly for PL.
    Where yesterday I was debating a VIP Storyteller subscription, now I feel like I should try to do my PL2019 with things I have already. I'm definitely not decided yet though.

If I want to repurpose my 'old' stuff, I need a way to organize all of it so that I could easily search through and grab things. Does anyone of you have a bright plan or idea for that?

My folders right now are divide up by designer and then pack, kit or collection. That's not gonna work with this plan.

I do use tags for: b/w cards, days and dates, single wordart and sayings packs.
    Oh and I am not looking for templates as I use a 20x25cm canvas and Just Jaimee's template maker.

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I used to be more organized with PL than I am currently. When I was organized I created a folder called Project Life *insert year* and within that folder, I had folders for kits, papers, elements, word art, cards, date elements, and templates. Anything I wanted to use for PL went in one of those folders. It wasn't perfect, but it was helpful when I needed to find something quickly.

berniek likes this.
  3. berniek

So you pre-selected what you planned on using? Or did it have everything in it that you purchased that year?

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

A little of both. I pulled stuff out of my stash that I really liked and wanted to use and put it in there, and then I added to it as I purchased things.

berniek likes this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm not much help here. I've tried various ways and haven't stayed caught up with any of them. Once I tried putting a copy of the preview in categorized folders so I could flip through them. When you tag stuff, are you tagging each individual item or the preview? I'm looking for new way to get organized. I've never tagged anything and didn't know if people tagged each individual item or the preview image. I also tend to use the store to browse my stash... so like with your three years of MPM, I would just flip through those years in the store to see which one I wanted to use. Somehow that's easier to me than sorting through my files (but that may have something to do with how disorganized my files are).

berniek likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

For me, instead of the store, I have done two different things.
    1) Pinned the ones I have to a pinterest board where I can browse visually. Depending on the amount, I like having the never ending scroll!
    2) Added a copy of all the previews to a folder linked to the kit. Now, my organizing has gotten a little more sophisticated with having a file viewer in ACDSee, making the copy thing outdated. But, the principle still applies. All the previews are tagged with "PL" so I can browse.

Something that worked really well in the past was to tag the journal cards. So, JC 4x6; JC 3x4; Filler 4x6; Filler 3x4. JC had room to write, filler did not. It was work to set up, but it made finding the right size and type of card super quick!
    The other thing I element tagged was Days of the week, today, type word art. I only tagged the Monday and Today. That made it easy to see which type of wordart I wanted for the week.

Other than that, I only tagged previews.

berniek likes this.
  7. berniek

Thanks Traci and Courtney!
    I am changing my mind every single day about the organizing. I just don't know how to do this and start one plan and then edit it to another. I should just stick to something. But all your ideas are good..

Because this year has been horribly scrapping wise: including my PL2018, I want a nearly fail-proof plan for 2019.
    So I have decided on the same template for every single left side of the week. And have only a couple of options for the right side. I am going to add the week number cards in ahead of time so I have everything ready to go. Folders for each week are already done. I am doing a monthly overview every month and those are already done, only need to add a photo and the journaling. Same background paper on every single page. This cannot go wrong, right?

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's similar to my plan @berniek ! I totally fell off the last year I did it. I know I want it this year, so I'm going back to the basics. Something I did before was write my journaling down each day on a card and add it to the layout. I look at what paper scrapers do to succeed, and I'm copying some of their tricks.

berniek likes this.