Somerset Digitial Studio

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Dec 8, 2018.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I cannot find an Autumn 2018 publication of Somerset Digital Studio. Has this publication been discontinued?????? If so, I'm very sad. I have faithfully bought it, eagerly anticipated it, wished that it were quarterly (at least) instead of be-annual, for YEARS (have even had a couple of things published in it!). I just can't believe that their Apron publication survives if Digital Studio can't. I think I could say all there is to say about aprons in one issue with room let over!

Dalis likes this.
  2. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Yes it has been discontinued - or so I was told when I checked with the bookshop that stocks it here in NZ :thumbsdowns

3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

GAAAHHHHHHH!!!! WHAAAAAAAA!!! Excuse me! I will need a few days to grieve. :( I just don't get it. They continue to publish so many magazines that I would consider very small audiences for month-after-month publications. It seems to me the Digital Art World is GROWING. But the Apron Community gets a Somerset publication? I wish someone could explain to me how THAT makes sense. :'(

bestcee likes this.
  4. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

Yes, Sharon, it has indeed been discontinued.I was with you in wishing that SDS was quarterly again but no such luck. The thing that disturbed me was that artists who had submitted work for six months were never even notified that they were not accepting any new art. A huge waste of time for those people! In looking at their new (and newer) publications it seems that they are trying to appeal to a very different type of reader. I don't see most of the magazines continuing for a long time. I've had time now so I'm "over" it but it is still very sad!

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

That is sad, I have to agree with you about the aprons.

6. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

Aww, that is really sad! I am grateful to have been published in a few issues and it really made me happy! I agree that a lot of their publications are no longer for "me", but a different kind of reader. :/

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

They don't sell it here, but I got an issue sent by them to my address as they choose one of my pages to be featured in one of my teams, if I'm not mistaken that was in 2012, I was so flattered and happy, loved the magazine, saw some people I know published too, but as it would have been expensive to have it shipped here, forgot all about it...

the aprons you talk about... aprons as the thing you wear to cook?
    my reading is near to disastrous now LOL

patsyt likes this.
  8. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

Yep, Cynthia, aprons that you wear to cook. The magazine is called (apron*ology). Not sure it's a subject that needs its own magazine but apparently some people do!

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Huh. This kinda boggles my mind. :giggle

patsyt and MrsPeel like this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Sad to here, I've picked up an issue here and there and love the inspiration. It was always fun to see lots of names I recognized getting published. That just sucks.

Karen and MrsPeel like this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOL you got the words out of my mind!!!!

Karen likes this.
  12. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I thought they were going digital only. Now let me go look. well boo. i guess its gone!