G'day from Australia

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by trishrulz, Dec 8, 2018.

1. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

Hi Guys, I am from far north Queensland, basically I live in the tropics and it is pretty hot year round, we do not get much of a winter at all really.
    I used to scrap years ago, and I used to shop at TLP, I remember when it first opened and all the fab designers who were here when it first opened. I am having fun creating layouts for my family right now! Not that I have really done many yet. I recently did a whole album for my son for Christmas because he moved away to Canada to live, hopefully, it will turn up by Christmas for him lol.
    I have done a couple of the December challenges, and hope to do more. I tend to talk a lot once I get started.
    I also like to scrap enough to fill an album and have them printed, we have about half a dozen or so already.
    I used to design then retired, then years later came back to it under a different name and the store I was at closed down around about 5 years ago and then I got a full time job and life went on and now I am scrapping again and loving the process :)
    Told ya I talk a lot.....
    Trish

jesskab, Justagirl, KarenW and 3 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

G'day back at ya (although I never really say that in real life so hey, how ya going Trish) . I saw a page in the gallery earlier from you! Welcome back to digi-land! I'm south of Sydney (Illawarra/South Coast) & there's a few of us Aussie's here & we are always happy to welcome more! I know @amandac & @Justagirl are in QLD - I've never been further north than the Gold Coast myself, looking forward to seeing & hearing more from you - feel free to chat away! There's a monthly calendar post in the Announcement Pad & some of the chats & events are Aussie time friendly :)

Justagirl and amandac like this.
  3. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

Hi Justine, I say it all the time, I work in customer service and use it as part of my greeting at times :) I used to live in Sydney for 7 years, in Kogarah and Hurstville and Beverly Hills. I used to work for British American Tobacco back in the day.
    I know Amanda quite well lol and not sure about Justagirl. I love the Gold Coast, and am currently working on an album from our holiday there.
    Amanda can will probably nudge me when there are challenges in Aussie time :)

4. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

TRISH @trishrulz You rule (love that loads!) Woot Woot Welcome back to TLP! Babe so glad you are here joining in on all the FUN!

Justine, Trish and I go WAYyyyyyyyYYYYYyyyyyy back! I CTed for her, ages ago when she was designing! And during chats, we discovered that she lives in my old home town of Townsville FNQLD! In FACT .... she was in the same grade as my younger brother in high school! We are book buds too!

[​IMG]

I promise to nudge her for challenges but at the moment she is doing a better job scrapping than me so she really needs to nudge me :giggle

5. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

hahaha well, get crackin' then chicky! I think I am done for today - I have had fun with all the challenges, I will do 1 more just need to choose which one.
    Then back to the Gold Coast album :)
    LOL we do go way back don't we xx

bellbird and amandac like this.
  6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

:whip:hide:assslap:backing

bellbird and trishrulz like this.
  7. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

so slack :p

amandac likes this.
  8. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

hahhaaaa!!! thought I heard some Aussie talk going on!! :giggle Hi Trish, I am an Aussie as well! I lived in Grafton, NSW for quite a few years before moving down here to Tasmania! Hope there are no fires up your way and I see its been pretty hot as well! What was your design name?? I have been digiscrapping for around 10 years now so I wondered if I 'knew' you! :) :moo

trishrulz likes this.
  9. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

Hi Wombat, I am sorry I don't know your name. I also have to learn how to use a forum again LOL.
    No fires up here in Townsville, thank goodness; though we do have a cyclone sitting off the coast around Ingham. We have had a little rain up here yayyy! It has been so hot.
    Trish Jones Designs and SomthingVanilla when I came back :)
    I would like to visit Tassie, but not live there as it is way too cold for me lol

wombat146 likes this.
  10. wombat146

My real name is Ona, and yeah, I remember both of those design names!! :) I moved to Tassie because it was toooo hot up in Grafton but I am really missing the family and friends so I might end up moving back, but closer to the coast if that happens. Everyone says it is cold down here but honestly, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually colder up in Bowral NSW (where my daughter lives) than it was down here at Sisters Beach. :) Also, just wanted to say that my sister lives at Peakhurst so I know Kogarah, Beverly Hills and Hurstville quite well too! :)

trishrulz likes this.
  11. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi there Trish! Another Aussie here! We are originally from NSW, but have called Tassie home for about 5 years now.
    Happy scrapping!!

trishrulz likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Trish!! It's really great to have you here! I also recognize both design names :) I even have some of your things in my stash! I was on the site CT for One Story Down before it closed. Looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing you around here!

trishrulz likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Trish and welcome to The Lily Pad! What a great place you've come to - we're a chatty bunch and there's so much inspiration here and wonderful challenges!!

trishrulz likes this.
  14. dagi

dagi Aiming high

hello there Trish! lovely to meet you :)

trishrulz likes this.
  15. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Hi there (Waving from across the ditch LOL) :thumbsups

trishrulz likes this.
  16. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Trish and welcome back to the Lilypad!!

trishrulz likes this.
  17. trishrulz

trishrulz Member

Ona I have friends that are defence who originally come from Tasmania, and they will move back there once he is done with the Army and she has told me so many stories about Tassie and how cold it is lol. I do hope to visit one day, but it will be in the summertime.

Hi Chippie a lot of you guys are in Tassie lol :circles

Hi Jan :) I am not missing designing at all, just the creative side of things so am super happy I have come back to scrapping - it was the thing I have been missing :)
    Hi Cheryl, the challenges are awesome as is the inspiration, and I love looking at the gallery and that like button is da bomb! :wave
    Hi Daggy :wave
    Hey Lynn from across the ditch haha :agree
    Hi Heather :) thank you!:wave

amandac and IntenseMagic like this.
  18. wombat146

We are up on the NW coast so certainly not as cold as on the west coast or inland, or further south. There is a small region in the heart of Tassie that is classed as having an Artic climate, so yeah, a lot of micro climates happening down here! LOL! :giggle

trishrulz likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well you are at home here already for sure Trish! And I remember the name Trish Jones Designs and One Story Down but kind of vaguely, but considering i can't remember what happened yesterday most of the time that is a compliment to you!

trishrulz and amandac like this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

so a while ago then?! ;)
    why am i not surprised by this statement?
    [​IMG]
    So true!
    [​IMG]

trishrulz likes this.