December Style Challenge

Discussion in 'December 2018 Challenges' started by ashleywb, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Happy December my Lilypad lovelies! Here we are at the end of another year. I for one am getting pretty excited about the upcoming Month of Challenges!! Since there will be plenty of true challenges coming your way, I decided to set a nice and easy style challenge this month.

Your challenge is to create a page in your own preferred style of scrapping. Maybe you are a minimalist, perhaps you prefer your page covered from edge to edge. You could love a strong graphic look, or maybe messy mixed media is your gig. From clean and simple to art journaling to pocket pages, scrap a page in your favorite style. Tell me what your favorite style is when you post in this thread.

I happen to love the clean and simple look with lots of white space. Here's my page showcasing that style...
    12.18tutustiaras-web.jpg

Now go and show off your own favorite style! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

And as always: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the December Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    MrsPeel, Ga_L, Angela Toucan and 4 others like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a fun challenge! Love your inspiration page!

ashleywb likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

This will not be easy as I am not really sure what my style is ????

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

5. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

6. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

lovve this, wow, you ladies are right on it. I'll be back

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

My favorite thing to do in digital scrapping lately has been ATC's. I particularly love taking elements from more "cartoon-y" kits and rearranging them into a different element. Although this one was fairly simple (all I did was take the sleeping girl cuddling with a teddy bear, remove the bear, add a clip art Yorkie, and the mouse and "z's" from the kit) I've done more elaborate makeovers such as the Village People singing the old disco hit "YMCA" or changing out the lead character in an "Emperor's New Clothes" kit for a certain US President, including that ubiquitous long red tie. [​IMG]

trishrulz, bjc and ashleywb like this.
  8. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I would have to say my style is definitely one photo with a cluster.
    [​IMG]

trishrulz and ashleywb like this.
  9. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Lovely layouts everyone!
    Like Anne-Marie said - just have to figure out what style I actually have.....:giggle

10. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

my style is "fit all the pictures in". LOL
    [​IMG]

ashleywb, trishrulz and MrsPeel like this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

My go-to style is traditional
    [​IMG]

12. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

@A-M Anne-Marie, I meant to quote you here as well.

This can sometimes be tricky - especially if you are a jack of all trades! You can take a look at your current pages. Do you tend to scrap one photo at a time, or multiple photos? Are your layouts fairly linear (grids/blocking/straight lines) or more freestyle? Do you tend to start with a white background or a pattern? Do you leave a significant portion of your page blank or do you need to fill it up? Do you like to get messy with paint, textures & blending or do you prefer a clean less adorned layout? All of these things can give you a clue about your preferred style - not to say that you will scrap in that style every time.

Hope that helps a little.

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

I was not sure what style is mine, the only thing that is different about me is I truly enjoy making digital paper pieced portraits, and what better excuse than this to make a fresh one. My dd just cut her hair. I wanted to make a portrait of her with the new look.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    ashleywb, trishrulz and bjc like this.
  14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

My Preferred Style...I'm Not Sure Either How To Categorize My Style...I Feel That My Style Doesn't Fit Into Any Particular Box & May Not Seem At All Traditional...That Being Said...My Style Can Be Categorized By My Signature Blending I Guess & My Constant Use Of Double Linear Lined Framed Photos Along With Multiple Photo Blending...I Blend Many Multiple Papers,Backgrounds,Photos,Elements Etc...Pretty Much Anything I Can Get My Digital Hands On...I Also Like A Brighter Style As Opposed To A Subtle One...My Layouts Are Not What I Would Call Subtle But They Do Exhibit Lots Of Individual Designs,Multiple Photo Blending,Multiple Textures,Shapes & Many Contrasting Colors For A More Bold Approach But Still Stay Within The Various Rules Of Scrapbooking...

*For My Fabulous Fall Layout-I Used:

*Capturing Fall-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Autumn Goodies-Paula Kesselring
    *Fall-Bundle-Lynne-Marie
    *Aspen Autumn-Rebecca McMeen
    *Turning It Around-Lynn Grieveson
    *It's About Time:Today-Collab-The Lilypad
    *The Good Life:November-Marisa Lerin(1 Item Used)
    *Amapola-Lisete Scrap(1 Item Used)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Rikki, ashleywb and trishrulz like this.
  15. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I looked at my Gallery and my style is all over the place, so I chose to do vibrant grunge with architectural details.
    [​IMG]

ashleywb and trishrulz like this.
  16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

My scrapping style is eclectic, but I do enjoy the challenge of clean & simple.
    [​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm not sure I have a specific style, but one of them I really enjoy is Pocket Scrapping. I love getting so many pictures on a single page, in an orderly fashion, as well as being able to tell a story. I enjoy, so much, all of the pocket pages I've created. Here's a page I created of my grandson's graduation from Pre-K in 2016. I've never gotten all of these on the same page.

[​IMG]

18. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

My style seems to have become more clean and simple when it comes to single pages.
    [​IMG]

19. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I am a storyteller! Every layout tells a story -- usually in words as well as photos. Some stories are short ones and some are more involved. I may have one photo or many depending on what I have shot and what I think the occasion deserves. I do not like "stuff" piled on to the point of distracting from the story and photos. Therefore you with find a minimum of embellishments on my layouts. Exceptions to the above occur when I must follow the "recipe" for a challenge. Right now I'm thinking of which story I want to tell next so I'll be back with a layout later.

Here's what I decided on. I forgot to mention above that I like a graphic look and a liberal use of black and white.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  20. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Like so many of you, I'm a little bit country, a little bit rock 'n' roll, a little bit folk, and a smidgen of classical! :D I like to have a minimum of 3 photos on a page, and I like the pictures to tell the story. I started out loving clean/simple/graphic, but I'm evolving to much more artsy, especially for art journal pages. I love blending, and my favorite embellishments are what I call artsy bits (transfers? overlays?). So! My style? Eclectic?
    [​IMG]