Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by PaperWings, Nov 29, 2018.

1. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

My name is Claudia and I live in Buenos Aires. I'm a graphic designer and an artisan.

I have been digital scrapbooking for 10 years. I started by chance. I was looking for tutorials about polymer clay, and I found one about a LO adorned with polymer clay elements. Back then there weren't any scrapbooking supplies around here or they were imported and very expensive, then I found digital scrapbooking and being a graphic designer, it seemed a match made in heaven, and that's how I found a new hobby.

I’ve visited the forum and the gallery and the store many times and I’m a fan of some designers of the LilyPad. I realized I need the challenges to keep me scrapbooking (I love clay modeling and other crafts and translating subtitles so I always have one project or other in hands), but I sit at my computer with a challenge in mind and the radio on a nerds show and I’m ready to go.

Dalis, MrsPeel, cfile and 6 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hello and Welcome Claudia! I'm Justine and stumbled on digital scrapbooking in a similar way too (looking for 'how to make your own postcards from lots of photos' tutorials), I'm in Australia and found the same about very few real paper scrapping supplies about 14 years back.
    I'm glad you feel that way about challenges! We are about a month away from January, which around here is called MOC (or Month of Challenges) with a new challenge every day and a $20 gift certificate if you complete them all - there's more information about registering in the Announcement Pad if you are interested. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing some of your work in the gallery here and thanks for taking the time to say Hi and introduce yourself!

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello Claudia and welcome to The Lily Pad. I started paper scrapping/paper crafting many years ago and have grown to love digi scrapping so much! Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your work!

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Hello Claudia, and Welcome!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi Claudia and welcome! I stumbled across digi scrapping while following a tutorial on making a round photo collage . . . and have rarely looked back to my paper scrapping days!

Like Justine said, MOC starts next month with daily challenges and a chance to win a $20 gift certificate to our store if you complete all the challenges, but in the meantime, there are November challenges still up for another day, and then the December challenges will be available. You'll have plenty to keep you scrapping!

Hope you enjoy your stay - so glad you decided to pop in and say hello and hang out with us!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Welcome to The Lilypad!! So happy to have you here scrapping with us. Can't wait to see your creations in the gallery.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Claudia!! Welcome to The Lilypad! I stumbled upon digiscrapping a little over 12 years ago when I was just exploring Photoshop tutorials and I've been addicted ever since! We are really happy to have you here and look forward to getting to know you better :)

8. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    @bellbird Yes, I've been looking over the challenges. The MOC seems a bit intimidating, but I think I'll dare. Can I use some freebies I have?

bellbird likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If it's currently in the store, you can usually use them. Just double check the rules once they are posted.
    If you want to pick up a few things, Wednesday is "Something Old, Something New (SOSN)" and you can find some great deals there! Also, "Build Your Own Collab" (BYOC) has some great deals from designers, and you can build some pieces that you will use.
    I completed my first MOC with 2 kits, and a huge paper pack that was part of the SOSN sale one day. It can be done! And then you get $20 to do more shopping with after you complete it!

MOC is not as intimidating as it sounds. Just take it one day, one layout at a time!

PaperWings and bellbird like this.
  10. bestcee

And I'm so sorry! I forgot to add:
    Welcome to the community! I love how you discovered digi-scrapping. I look forward to seeing your pages and getting to know you better.

bellbird likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi Claudia...welcome! Don't ever feel intimidated by MOC, its a fun time and if there are any questions, just ask and someone will be around to help.

bellbird likes this.
  12. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome Claudia to a great place to be.
    I surprised myself last year and completed MOC but not sure I will succeed this year as I will be away from home and computer for nearly a week.

bellbird likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome to the Pad!!!

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

@PaperWings Courtney (bestcee) gave a good answer above re:MOC & if you have been a fan of some of the designers here for a while & have collected a few of their freebies or past blog hop pieces, just check they are available in the store firstm but for non-challenge pages, as long as it contains 50% TLP product (from current TLP designers, whether the product itself is retired or current does not matter) we'd love you to share your creations in the gallery here! The guidelines for posting are also at the top of the gallery front page

And exactly what everyone has said about it's not as intimidating as it sounds (it intimidated me at first & I can't remember if I joined in on the 2nd or 3rd MOC but it's been my favourite thing about January ever since!)

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

That is a huge achievement & it's own challenge :goldstarsbut even with recolouring & being able to reuse paper I have digitally 'cut -up ', I'm so glad we don't have to do that! :stash :hehe

16. bestcee

I actually didn't know how to recolor at the time....:giggle

17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:cornfusedWell that just takes your accomplishment next level - you get ALL the gold stars! :goldstars:goldstars:goldstars:goldstars

bestcee likes this.
  18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Agreed!

bellbird likes this.
  19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Sounds like me! :) Welcome to TLP's forums! MOC is going to be awesome. You're going to love all the inspiration and fun!

20. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Hi! I used to paper scrap & picked up one of those cheap cd-roms about scrapbooking. It was meant to print, but it got me interested. I remember my mom got Photoshop Elements for Christmas one year & I didn't open it for months. One day, I was on a digital scrap site & there was a lot of instruction regarding PSE. It was like a lightbulb! I sat down & figured it out & never looked back! I found TLP in 2012 when I was looking for castles & dragons to print for a friend. It's really a unique place & I'm so glad you're here!!!