November Accountability!!! 2018 is almost gone!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 2, 2018.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So me.....

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

As November winds down, my goal is to maintain and re-lose the mad eating of Thanksgiving holidays - before those tempting Holiday sweets show up.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I ran yesterday and this morning....thanksgiving and birthday food are gone!! 5 pound gain GONE!!
    I too am wanting to maintain thru the holidays.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've lost 6 pounds! For once, I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving. I had lost the 6 pounds prior to Thanksgiving and didn't gain it back.

AnneofAlamo and BevG like this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

that is pure awesomeness! I am hoping to drop 3 in December..and keep off.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks, Anne! You can do it!!

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I can tell you how to lose weight without wanting to...

Back story: I have horrible teeth. How bad... I had fillings in baby teeth and the adult teeth were just as bad. Over the years I have had to have a teeth extracted leaving spaces in the back of my mouth. In the last 10-15 years teeth have been breaking off and they finally got to the point of no return meaning they couldn't be fixed. So for the last 2 years, I have been eating a soft diet trying to prolong my teeth until I could actually have the time needed to do extensive dental work. I started the process in February of seeing a new dentist and new x-rays. This dentist works closely with an oral surgeon so trying to coordinate things doesn't go quickly. While I'm waiting I had another tooth break off while eating scrambled eggs!

In May, I had my yearly cardiologist appointment where I was weighed. I was around 134-135. My dental woes continued and I started the process of getting teeth extracted to move into dentures. First extractions were in August. The rest of the teeth were extracted 8 weeks later on October 10th. Right before that some cousins from out of town were here and they made the comment that I need to stop losing weight. I honestly didn't realize I was although I knew my clothes were fitting a little loose. Following the last surgery, I could not eat so was on a liquid diet. I still can't eat with the dentures in (and other issues have popped up). So I pulled out the scale and was shocked by what I weighed. I was down to 118... a weight I haven't seen for 40 years. So I lost at least 16 pounds since May. I think most of it was since August but since I hadn't weighed myself, I can't say for sure.

I am very limited as to what I can eat so no enjoying all the good foods this time of year. I met with the dentist and the oral surgeon last week and I am a candidate for implants although it is a long process to completion by doing it the way I am. I go back to the dentist in 2 weeks and see the oral surgeon again in January when we can hopefully get the implant procedures scheduled if everything has healed from the last extraction.

And, through all of this I don't have much energy (first from the surgeries and now because of not eating right) so I haven't been exercising. I would love to stay at this weight but lose some of the belly fat. I'm very short so this weight is actually a good weight for me.

I don't recommend this method to anyone!!!

9. AnneofAlamo

oh goodness Rene', that is a horrible way to lose weight.
    I am glad you are having things done to rectify the teeth. Energy will come back, and you will be able to walk the "belly fat" away, and tone up!

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I ran into my cousin's wife at the grocery today. Turns out she has full dentures as well. She said she had all teeth extracted at the same time and went right into dentures. She lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks until she could start eating so evidently this is something that does happen to people when they get dentures. My cousin has them as well and she said that he doesn't even wear his bottom denture yet eats all kind of food. She doesn't understand how he can chew without those teeth but he does... eats popcorn all the time!

Right now it is too cold to walk the belly fat away (although the dog would love to take a walk)! I don't handle cold weather well at all... good thing I'm retired and don't have to go out when it is below freezing!

11. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

How have I not noticed this thread??! I'm hoping it continues in the New Year! 2019 is going to be extra fit! :)