Introducing myself: Turkish/Dutch Scrapper

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by EminePala_Art, Nov 27, 2018.

1. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Hello dear people,

My name is Emine Pala, almost 36 years old (december 3th). I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls; Alara 13 and Dilara 11 years old. Unfortunately my daughters don't live with me (long story).
    From origin I am Turkish, born and raised in the Netherlands. I started scrapbooking (traditional) back in 2005 till 2009. I was forced to stop scrapbooking. Everything I owned I gave away to someone who wanted to start scrapbooking. She still enjoys it, such a blessing to know you made the right decision at the time.

I am telling my story (as short as possible, if it's too long forgive me ;)
    Because the reason I am starting scrapbooking and mostly digital/hybrid scrapbooking has such a huge meaning to me. I had to leave every layout/memory to my children behind.
    When I found my old blog, I was over the moon. Almost all my pages (not every unfortunately) and photo's, the stories I told were there. Pictures of my children.

It almost feels like I found the memories I lost. Finding my identity back (strange right, but that's how I feel). Now I want to get back into my passion, scrapbooking. And I will make sure I wil back-up every photo, every memory and every layout on the internet too.

It's a happy ending and I am looking forward to get to know you all better.
    Thank you for the warm welcome, before I even introduced myself.

Kind Regards,

Emine Pala

Li Li Wee, MrsPeel, bestcee and 4 others like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

many blessings to you Emine, and welcome to the pad

EminePala_Art likes this.
  3. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Thanks dear. Blessings to you too. <3

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I know I already said it on your status, but let me say it again...Welcome to TLP, Emine! Glad you're here!

5. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Thank you dear. I truly appreciate it. blessings to you too <3

Tree City likes this.
  6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Welcome to TLP -- we all have stories and I hope with your scrapbooking your stories come to life and you can enjoy those memories.

7. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Dear Debbie, thank you for your warm welcome. Ofcourse, we all have our own stories. That's not what I meant OOPS.
    I believe that every story/life matters. And worth sharing. Thank you, god bless you

8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Emine Pala

I did not mean anything by my comment and I am sorry if I was not clear. What I meant was that all stories can be difficult to tell but that is what scrapbooking is all about.

Some pages can be private and never uploaded and then there are the pages to assist with feelings. We all have own reason and I hope that scrapbooking brings you joy.

9. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Ow, dear. I know you meant it well. Sometimes I can be really blurry with my message. I'm sorry. Thank you so much.

10. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

Hoşgelding Emine! Didn't know you were Turk. Usually I'm the only Turkish person around here :D Glad to have another one around!
    Lilypad community has very welcoming, talented lovely people. So if you ever feel you need help in your digi-scrapping adventure, know that you can always find help here :)

Karen, bestcee and EminePala_Art like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Welcome Emine! I'm so happy that you re-discovered your blog and that you are jumping back into scrapbooking again. This is a great place for support and to learn . . . I think you will really enjoy it here!

12. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Welcome to the Pad. It's so nice to "meet" you!

13. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Thank you dear. Yes, i am Turkish... Thank you so much sevgili Elif Sahin... <3

14. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Thank you dear. I love it here already. <3

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

Thank you dear Carrie, Nice to meet you to. I do have a question though. Can I post my creations in the gallery eventhough it's all traditional scrapbooking right now? So you all can see my style?

carrie1977 likes this.
  16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

According to gallery rules, all layouts posted must contain at least 50% TLP products.
    You can find the forum and gallery rules here.

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, welcome! Excited to have you join us. Shout out if you need any help! :beat

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi and welcome to TLP. So glad you have joined us. If you have any questions, ask away, there is always someone around to help. This is a very friendly supportive community here.

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello and welcome to TLP! This is a wonderful, caring place and you'll love it here. :beat:beat:beat

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome to The Lilypad. I'm so glad you found your old blog with all those precious memories.

Here's a link to a thread for all things TLP. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/faq-notifications-signatures-and-other-fun-facts.48073/ Take a look and make sure to sign up for the newsletters so you won't miss out on upcoming events, sales, and freebies.

Also, January is our MOC 7 (Month of Challenges). It's a great way to get motivated with your scrapping and get to know others in the community too. Check out this thread for MOC 7 registration. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/month-of-challenges-7-will-you-accept-the-challenge.59164/

jenn mccabe and EminePala_Art like this.