Are you a Traveler's Notebook scrapbooker?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by esahin, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

esahin likes this.
  2. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

4. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

esahin likes this.
  5. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

I learnt about Traveler's Notebook at the MOC 2019 and I love it. I thought it would be a great birthday gift for my sister-in-law to give her a TN about my baby nephew. I think I will get 16 double pages done by her birthday and I wanted to make the notebook from scratch so she can add pages later on. I was thinking to do cardboard covers and bind everything with a ribbon (more delicate than the metal rings for the school folders).
    Like this:
    [​IMG]

Do you have a better sugestion? There are not scrapbook supplies around here so I have to make everything from scratch.
    I've done an album like this for my father's 70th birthay.

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

@PaperWings That's so nice of you to make a TN for your SIL! If you want to make your own TN cover there are a couple of ways that I've made my own. The first one I made with fabric like I've done with my art journals and then I put a few ribbons in the spine to slide the inserts into, but I found that too floppy for my tastes. The other thing you could do pretty easily is take and old book and turn that into a journal cover. I made one recently where I cut out the pages of the book, but kept the whole cover, then I cut a piece of a cereal box in a strip the lenght of the spine and I punched some holes, strung some thing elastic through the holes to create 4 bands on the inside and then I used a hot glue gun to attach that on the inside of the old book cover. I got the idea from this blog post I found on Pinterest and then I modified it to work like this TN binder:

Midori Traveler's Notebook Binder for Refills
    [​IMG]

7. Karen

Here's a look at my fabric cover:

[​IMG]

8. Karen

And then the green book in the upper corner is the one I made into a cover to store my extra TN inserts. :) It doesn't show the inside very well, but if you're interested I could certainly take some pictures and show you what I did. :agree

[​IMG]

9. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

Thank you, @Karen. I think I have a wire binding from a notebook I kept "just in case" (as many other things that I'm sure some day will be useful :giggle). I'll make the book covers myself, it took me month to convince myself that it wasn't a crime to break apart an old dictionary to make an e-book reader case:lol.

Karen likes this.