November Accountability!!! 2018 is almost gone!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 2, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am so close to 199, I get mad, give up and then restart everyday!
    I know I need to up my exercise, but haven't got the omph to add another hour.

My bike is ready to go, but my knee is not cooperating. That was gonna be my new exercise addition. I am gonna go slow and build up on it.

Halloween and peanut butter cups are usually my downfall. I had a few mini's and now I am done. I am gonna push myself for the next few weeks. I want to be under 200 for my 55th birthday! ♥

Cherylndesigns and QuiltyMom like this.
  2. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

This year has been start/quit/restart all year ---- I just can't get my brain & heart to be at the same place at the same time.

Best of luck Anne with getting under that 200 mark but take it easy on your body. You definitely don't want to hurt something worse than it may be.

LoveItScrapIt and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yeah for November!! I am done with working at Early Voting, so that means I can get back to the usual routine - and off my butt. Man those chairs were hard to sit on day after day.

Halloween and Early Voting added 2 pounds, but nothing a little walking and some veggies can't fix. The Halloween candy is put away now, so temptation out of sight is good for me!!!

You can do it Anne!! Every day is a new day to restart.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Sigh. I’m not doing good at all (says the person who just ate a snickers bar). I’ve been dealing with a lot of stress so that makes me want to eat. But I’ve started snacking on celery stalks filled with sunbutter instead of sweets ... yum! It’s a start, at the least.

Cherylndesigns and BevG like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sending good vibes to all of you because the big eating holidays are coming up! We have to be ready for that! :pigout:helpy

I haven't been doing very well at my exercising either, and was thinking I was doing badly. I put on a pair of jeans to wear to an outdoor function last Saturday and they fit and felt great!!! That sure did give me a boost. I haven't had jeans on in forever!! :yippee

BevG likes this.
  6. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I'm slowly sending huge handfuls of my kids' candy to work with my husband for his candy bowl. They haven't noticed yet. I sat down last night with a bag and before I knew it I had a huge pile of empty wrappers next to me. :hissy

I had a small 2 day kitchen renovation that turned into a big 7 day renovation that kept me out of my kitchen and thus eating take out for an entire week.

Basically, I feel like some hot trash. Blech. Now my oldest has a karate tournament tomorrow, my washer faucet is leaking after putting my machines back, some of the grout in the new kitchen didn't set up right, and Lord, my life just feels totally out of control right now.

This month my goal is to focus on the things I can control.

1. Get the candy out of my house.
    2. Book doctor visit to stay on top of migraine meds.
    3. Start buying stuff for Thanksgiving NOW so I don't scramble.
    4. Get to the mat 20 days.

BevG likes this.
  7. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I have 4 more weeks of a challenge month at my gym. So that is keeping me focused, want to lose 2 more kilos by the end.

Also, very glad we don't have Halloween here, one less temptation...

8. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

I am chugging away. We are nearly at summer here in New Zealand and I am aiming to fit comfortably into my summer dresses especially so I can attend my daughters last event at school before she leaves and attends university next year. So 2l of water a day aiming for 13000 steps a day and my, from www pilates programme I do.

10kg down at this point. I am working hard to stay focused.

A-M likes this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Tamara, you are doing well to have lost 10kg.... oh how I wish I could do that !!!!

tam65 likes this.
  10. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

@A-M might not have done so well this week as I did some baking but on wards and upwards.

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

This is so me too

Know exactly what you mean, got to be fully prepared for any voting location - I’ve actually been pretty lucky with the three elections I’ve done as they’ve all had good facilities. The long days and the sheer number of them are the biggest hurdle for me. With doing advanced voting plus election day this past go last year I was doing 4-10 hour days Monday to Saturday (Friday the 2nd week) depending on how busy we were plus 14 hours on election day itself. Luckily it’s well paying.

Yep me too, been a rough month dealing with family in hospital plus other stressful things like job hunting.

BevG likes this.
  12. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

Hi ladies, can I join in?? Here's my story, if you're interested:
    A few years back, I was able to lose almost 40 pounds by going to a personal trainer and watching what I ate (just tracking calories on MyFitnessPal). I also ran my first 5k! Then I found out I had thyroid cancer, had to go through a thyroidectomy and other treatment...gained a bit of weight through all that but actually not too bad...until I got pregnant a year after that. I gained so much weight, not sure if it was my (lack of) thyroid or just bad eating or some of each, but I gained over 60 pounds throughout the pregnancy. I didn't lose much afterwards, even with breastfeeding for over a year.

My little guy is 2 years old now so I don't have any more excuses not to start getting healthy again. I'm going to start personal training again next week! For now I'm trying to watch what I eat and I'm already down a couple of pounds. My guy loves the child watch at the Y so it is a win-win, if I actually get my butt there :P

Can't wait to get to know all of you (or get reacquainted with those who I knew from scrapping 5 years ago)!

LoveItScrapIt and BevG like this.
  13. southernmother

southernmother Headed to SB for some cold brew & coconut milk

Jumping in, I've been without my laptop so i'm behind. Still plugging along working hard. 5 miles each morning, and doing PiYo, a hip hop class and now P90X, some version of 2 of those 5 evenings a week. I have also been doing weights, the dumbells to target specific areas. I have gone down in clothing size and am in a Large pants and Medium top and sadly I've gone down in bra size too. I've got my 3 day insulin use down to 90 units total, water and morning coffee are still my only beverages and I am eating just very nearly keto but keeping enough carb intake to balance my required insulin so my numbers stay good. Let me tell you I did not believe i'd get sick when going keto but that withdrawl your body goes through when eliminating carbs. I felt like I had the flu for days! Oh well anyway, At least I get to go shopping soon lol.

Big hugs and lots of positive fitness vibes to you all!!

BevG likes this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Just wanted to say to Anne and everyone else....keep at it. Every time you slip or fall off track, just keep moving forward, make a good choice, feel good about it and carry onward. Think about how you will feel

I think why I'm successful this time (its been a couple of yrs) is b/c I think of this as a lifestyle, a way to be healthy and feel better (which I do) and if I really want something I have it (although usually a small amount). I have found that over time I mostly have stopped craving, stopped caring about those "forbidden foods" and have found healthy foods that I love that have replaced the sugary, high carb foods from my past. We went out for dinner last night and my hubs and daughter had pizza, I ordered a grilled chicken salad with vinaigrette. My hubs asked if I wanted a piece of pizza and I told him that I was loving my salad full of veggies, nuts & seeds, feta, chicken and greens and I meant it.

I was able to lose 75 lbs and keep it off, losing about 2/3 of my body weight. A low carb diet (keto, then paleo) has worked wonders for me and I highly recommend some sort of low carb plan (doesn't have to be paleo, there are other plans too).

I've kept up with jogging (with Taz) and this month I've gone out quite a bit in the early morning (7:30 am) and am proud of myself for accomplishing that. I never thought I'd be a jogger, never mind an early morning one LOL.

If anyone has questions or needs help with a LC lifestyle, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help if I can.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

of course!!!! we love the support, accountability and friendship! ♥

I am so so close to breaking out of the 200# mark! so close! I can barely wait!

16. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

Thanks! And I am rooting for you, you can do it! How awesome will that feel when you get there?!

I was getting very close to the other side of 200 (and still am), and that was my wakeup call that I needed to do something very soon.

I am so excited to start training next week. I went to the Y today and was feeling good on the elliptical until this really skinny girl started next to me and she was going twice my speed, hah! I honestly don't know how she went so fast on it! I know it's not all about speed or competition, but it was somehow disheartening, hah.

17. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'm not sure if I've posted in this forum before or not.

In June, we went away on a short trip and when I saw how fat we both were in my pictures I decided then and there that both my husband and I really needed to do something about our weight. I had been listening to the DJ on the radio rave about a plan called Slim Me1. I did a little investigating before deciding to order the drops and the instructions, and we started immediately.

I'll admit, this program is not for everyone. It was very hard - very restrictive. 30 days only, then a 6-week maintenance. No breakfast, drink a gallon of water every day. 100 grams of a protein from the restricted list twice a day. 1 serving of a vegetable twice a day. 2 pieces of fruit from the restricted list twice a day. (all that adds up to 500-600 calories daily). Plus, drops 3 times a day. I think they were some sort of appetite suppressant because we were not hungry. But we had no energy to do much of anything else.

But it really did work. In those first round of 30 days, I lost 32 pounds. John lost 25. I lost another 10 during maintenance. We started Round 2 as soon as the maintenance was over. I was not quite as successful during Round 2 - only losing another 13 pounds. I still have 4 weeks of maintenance for this round. But really, since the end of June, I've lost 53 pounds and I feel great. And finally, people are starting to notice. I've been shopping like crazy since nothing I own fits anymore.

I'm going to wait until after the holidays to start Round3. I'd still like to lose another 20 pounds.

18. AnneofAlamo

199.8 this morning!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoveItScrapIt and djp332 like this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

YAY!!!!!!!!! GO YOU!! :dancebun:dancebun

20. Cherylndesigns

I'm holding my own on my weight. I walk at least one mile every day (according to my fitness tracker) and drink lots of water. I've fallen off on my floor exercises, but I'll get back to them.